WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

So I;m going to be a bridesmaid in my sister's wedding. Good thing I'm done with buying phones for the moment, as I have no idea what to expect for the cost of this.

Ah, weddings. I haven't been to one in some time. Which is fine by me. LOL!

I think small weddings are best personally. I don't quite get the big flashy things. Well I get it to some extent as some are pure money making ventures (depends on your cultural background) but being a lower class person of English decent it's always been a bit ostentatious and money wasn't expected at our weddings as it is at others.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

I think small weddings are best personally. I don't quite get the big flashy things. Well I get it to some extent as some are pure money making ventures (depends on your cultural background) but being a lower class person of English decent it's always been a bit ostentatious and money wasn't expected at our weddings as it is at others.

Haha xd

I agree with you. In her case, and all of our cases, we will all have 2 weddings because of tradition. I'm Nigerian so we have the traditional (this is a cultural thing, very big) wedding and the church/white wedding.

I don't think or dream about my wedding really, but when the time comes, I'll give the reigns to my parents for the traditional but make the church wedding small and I would like to control that.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

So I;m going to be a bridesmaid in my sister's wedding. Good thing I'm done with buying phones for the moment, as I have no idea what to expect for the cost of this.
Additionally, our mom wants us (the siblings) to help out with something financially for this wedding too, so eh.

I stand corrected for thining that I've attended the worst wedding ever. The one you have to pay for surely adds to cons on the list.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

Haven't been to a smaller one yet. Even though wedding planners and firms dealing with weddings aren't a thing here, people still do exaggerate with those in other aspects. Such as the food offering(meat and just tons of expensive meat) and a whole bunch of booze. Also a live gig is a must, and not to mention the number of folks invited. Some of who the couples don't even know, not to mentiom other people attending. That's why I say they're full of fake emotios.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Caught up on reading about 500+ work emails after being out for 7 business days. Now begins the hard task of actually getting crap done!

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

Haha xd

I agree with you. In her case, and all of our cases, we will all have 2 weddings because of tradition. I'm Nigerian so we have the traditional (this is a cultural thing, very big) wedding and the church/white wedding.

I don't think or dream about my wedding really, but when the time comes, I'll give the reigns to my parents for the traditional but make the church wedding small and I would like to control that.

The more you write about the wedding the worse it gets :D.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

I stand corrected for thining that I've attended the worst wedding ever. The one you have to pay for surely adds to cons on the list.

Haha. I wouldn't be footing much (our parents are) but there will be something.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

The more you write about the wedding the worse it gets :D.

Lol!

When you (general you) decide to marry people from certain cultures, you have to respect their culture. If you don't, the family feels disrespected. Not looking forward to the traditional one since it will be huge but the church one should be fine.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

If you own a house you pay council tax. Which I guess is 'property tax' or something like that in the US? Because the way renting works here in the UK, renters pay the council tax, not the owners.
OK. I understand that. Here in the US owners pay property tax, but renters don't.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

Lol!

When you (general you) decide to marry people from certain cultures, you have to respect their culture. If you don't, the family feels disrespected. Not looking forward to the traditional one since it will be huge but the church one should be fine.

Well I'd definitely respect (in this case) her culture if such thing ever happens, but that doesn't mean I'd enjoy it. Note that this is for weddings only, when it comes to other cultures I'm quite open. As a matter fact I'm really interested in them.

Especially in sacral paintings and architecture. I'd like to visit Spain and old mosques, as well as slavic countries and their churches. Oh and not to forget Vatican.

I'd also like to see original paintings from the Baroc period, like stuff from Rembrandt.

Not to get al confused, I'm not into religions, but the art they inspired.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

Finally some games worth the Champions League. Haven't enjoyed in sports like this for some time now.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Well I'd definitely respect (in this case) her culture if such thing ever happens, but that doesn't mean I'd enjoy it. Note that this is for weddings only, when it comes to other cultures I'm quite open. As a matter fact I'm really interested in them.

Especially in sacral paintings and architecture. I'd like to visit Spain and old mosques, as well as slavic countries and their churches. Oh and not to forget Vatican.

I'd also like to see original paintings from the Baroc period, like stuff from Rembrandt.

Not to get al confused, I'm not into religions, but the art they inspired.

Ohh okay, I can understand this.

I can imagine that there's some beautiful architecture in those places. I get what you mean here because the art is fascinating.

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

Hey guys! Busy busy at the moment trying to prep for a job interview / application process. I hate it when red tape gets in the way and drags everything out!

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Whoa! Congrats and good luck on getting stuff done. Has jet lag hit you yet or not?

No jet lag. I have gotten into the habit of actually sleeping on the flight when it is night time at the destination regardless of time at departure airport.

Some huge IP issues seem to have cropped up so chasing lawyers currently...

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

According to French representative in European Parliament, I'm a fundamentalist and a terrorist.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

No matter how you put it, things just don't look good. Both I and the rest 1.8 milion Bosniaks in my country, and another 500.000 across the world have been labeled as terrorists.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

First mention of my country goes all the way back to 10th century and the Porfirogenet's "De administrando imperio". The oldest found document goes as far as 29. of August 1189, in which our Ban Kulin (ban is something like a king) grants free travel through our country and a right to do bussines, to Dubrovnik's citizens and merchants.

The expression Bosniaks comes up for the first time somewhere in 12th century. Not Bosnian, but Bosniak.

And now, some ******* from France comes up and preaches me about how our nation was "artificially made" in 70s during comunism, and how it was a gift from a dictator and a futur cause of 90s war. These kind people **** me off. The aggressor commited a genocide in my country in the 90s, my youngest uncle is missing one leg from that war, his older brother has shrapnels in his lunges, my grandpa died from a heart attack during bombing, my dad has one leg shorter since he stepped on a freaking mine, every fifth male in my small town is some kind of invalod, AND THIS GUY IS TELLING ME IT'S OUR FAULT.

We're all screwed with leaders like this.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)