WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Just being honest here. I've seen too many teens mess up that situation...

I already told you that I'm skulling just because I "can", and by that I mean that my professor is a pure ***** who shouldn't be allowed to work in an education institution.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

LOL! I haven't seen any president before becoming a joke this fast.

G W Bush Jr had a rough time with the jokes as well but with the internet and social media things are a lot quicker and more brutal.

That's both a good and bad thing I suppose.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

There's a few of those out there.

I don't think they can compare to this guy. He's got a diploma from somewhere in Detroit I believe I could be wrong, he's our computer science professor. But don't get me started on his knowledge of the subject, let alone his teaching skills. I have not learned a single thing from those 4 years I've spent with him.

All we do is making Power Point presentations and that's how we get our grades. Oh and we also "make websites". In freaking Wix or Weebly. A moron could do that.

And he's also our class professor, so justifying my skullings doesn't demand anything above lieing that mu bus didin't show up. And that's it.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

California is a very dry state.

When I moved to Australia they were in a drought for about 2 years. Before the drought broke officially it was 6 years later.

Oh man, I didn't know it was that serious. I mean, I'm aware that those areas have a drought seasons, but I never assumed it could last for multiple years. I thought those scenarios only happen in Africa or similar.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I don't think they can compare to this guy. He's got a diploma from somewhere in Detroit I believe I could be wrong, he's our computer science professor. But don't get me started on his knowledge of the subject, let alone his teaching skills. I have not learned a single thing from those 4 years I've spent with him.

All we do is making Power Point presentations and that's how we get our grades. Oh and we also "make websites". In freaking Wix or Weebly. A moron could do that.

And he's also our class professor, so justifying my skullings doesn't demand anything above lieing that mu bus didin't show up. And that's it.

He sounds... useful...

I had one really bad instructor (I don't call people professors unless they have a PhD and a professorship from a university in the subject) in college. It was for the most important part of the subject to. He had virtually no teaching skills at all. Couldn't seem to get it straight in his head that we were students learning this stuff for the first time.

He was hired from the 'real world' as they were short on instructors but this guy was useless.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

About that professor, they can't even fire him. Because our system has a weird way of setting priorities. For example, anyone who had finished a college in the old, non Bologne system, automatically beats anyone else looking whose for a job as well. It doesn't mattet if that person spent 11 years in college as long as he\she has the od diploma. Same goes for this guy, his foreign diploma brings him scores that no one can beat, and that's the end of the story.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

He sounds... useful...

I had one really bad instructor (I don't call people professors unless they have a PhD and a professorship from a university in the subject) in college. It was for the most important part of the subject to. He had virtually no teaching skills at all. Couldn't seem to get it straight in his head that we were students learning this stuff for the first time.

He was hired from the 'real world' as they were short on instructors but this guy was useless.

I can see similarities. When our professor (he's a magister or something) has a task to teach us programming in C++ all he does is write the whole damn code on the blackboard and tells us to copy it to the C++. No explanations, instructions, nothing, his job ends there.

Oh and don't get me started on the social aspect. When he has to gather all our parents to a meeting, he learns the whole 30 minute speech and doesn't let anyone to interrupt him. If they were to say or ask anything he would get lost and start talking jibberish.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Oh man, I didn't know it was that serious. I mean, I'm aware that those areas have a drought seasons, but I never assumed it could last for multiple years. I thought those scenarios only happen in Africa or similar.

Australia is full of desert and dry areas. The US is as well.

When I lived in Australia we were on the verge of a water shortage. The dams were at 18% before the break of the drought.

A large part of Australia is salt plains and more or less desert. It's mostly the edges of the continent that are green. The northern parts are tropical and have major wet seasons. The centre is mostly dry. The south has a Mediterranean climate.

All around California is pretty much desert.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Listening to people talk about graphene and chemical mechanical polishing of silicon wafers with sensors, exciting geeky stuff!

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

I saw Motorhead at the concert at the Variety Theater in Cleveland that was so loud the plaster came off the ceiling and the neighbours got all future concerts at the Variety banned.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

I saw Motorhead at the concert at the Variety Theater in Cleveland that was so loud the plaster came off the ceiling and the neighbours got all future concerts at the Variety banned.

Hahah, not typical Lemmy at all :D. I only wish I could have seen him play live. 2016 reminded me that many of the people who I think of as legends are getting older and older, and that I should use every possible chance to see them live. I just hope Axl won't die till I see him, It's been a long time since I stopped listening to GnR actively, but he's still one of the few people I admire to.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo