WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

I just don't have the patience to use more than one phone or any need/desire to do so...

As for the other OS it's the same. I can appreciate wanting to know out of curiosity but constantly switching would drive me nutty.
It is all the same. My visual preference is Windows because when executed well, the apps look great and feel more immersive and non static. iOS seems a bit simply cluttered for my taste. I'm still on Android because I can choose the hardware combo that I want.

If I were more into phablets, I'd own a V20 or look at the G6.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

I just don't have the patience to use more than one phone or any need/desire to do so...

As for the other OS it's the same. I can appreciate wanting to know out of curiosity but constantly switching would drive me nutty.

It's generally no problem when the services you use work nicely on all platforms you choose to use. I had a curious stage with both Android and iOS last year at first for a month (2 separate months) but I find myself missing elements of the other OSes to a point.

In my opinion, there's no reason to have more than one iPhone, because the difference is just the size (and you want size variation). Android phones on the other hand, different OEMs have different takes on the OS that you (general you) may or may not like, so having more than one Android phone is more interesting.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

It is all the same. My visual preference is Windows because when executed well, the apps look great and feel more immersive and non static. iOS seems a bit simply cluttered for my taste. I'm still on Android because I can choose the hardware combo that I want.

If I were more into phablets, I'd own a V20 or look at the G6.

I agree with you on the visual preference for Windows, that's also how I feel too, but also when it comes to the outside as well. To me, it's the perfect balance of everything. I love the nice cameras and the personality of Lumia devices. Having a Mozo back that is wooden or colorful pleases me.

I like how iOS is harmonic but it does suck that you have to have all of your icons everywhere or in folders. However, the way that notifications don't have a grey area and how it manages battery life is excellent to me. Additionally, it makes it pretty easy to use whatever services you want for backup, calendar and mail and that is awesome.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

It's generally no problem when the services you use work nicely on all platforms you choose to use. I had a curious stage with both Android and iOS last year at first for a month (2 separate months) but I find myself missing elements of the other OSes to a point.

In my opinion, there's no reason to have more than one iPhone, because the difference is just the size (and you want size variation). Android phones on the other hand, different OEMs have different takes on the OS that you (general you) may or may not like, so having more than one Android phone is more interesting.
For android they should just offer their launcher so you can try it out.

I have no interest in Apple at all so it's an expensive item that holds no value to me. I'm slightly curious but not enough to buy one.

I might pick up a WM in the future but not any time soon. I had my time with it. Didn't really work for me 100℅ so I'm happy to move on.

My main point was, personally, I have no need or desire for more than one phone. I like technology and all that but I don't really like messing about setting up multiple things, just because. I've stopped using my tablet as it's more or less pointless to use. I take it with me on vacation but that's it.

Having android TV has given me even less reason for having multiple items. Though it's far from perfect.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

For android they should just offer their launcher so you can try it out.

I have no interest in Apple at all so it's an expensive item that holds no value to me. I'm slightly curious but not enough to buy one.

I might pick up a WM in the future but not any time soon. I had my time with it. Didn't really work for me 100℅ so I'm happy to move on.

My main point was, personally, I have no need or desire for more than one phone. I like technology and all that but I don't really like messing about setting up multiple things, just because. I've stopped using my tablet as it's more or less pointless to use. I take it with me on vacation but that's it.

Having android TV has given me even less reason for having multiple items. Though it's far from perfect.

I understand where you are coming from. It makes sense to me.

It's a fair point about the launcher for Android but that wouldn't be enough for me personally. In my many trials with phones, different Android phones deal with things differently. Sony seems to work best if you choose to export your contacts from outlook into gmail, while some other phones, work fine without having the need to export your contacts. Things like battery life and radios wouldn't be enough to test with just the launcher. Also with Android 6.0, I have owned a number of phones that do Doze differently and the Honor 8 has been the only one to please me in that arena.

It's very fascinating, and important (for me) as I'm not about that life of always having charging cables on me every day. I think for me, maybe 2 is for me. If only I can flash my honor 8 down correctly...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

That's a fair point. I think it can be challenging to use all 3 sometimes but it is fun to know the quirks of each platform.
I used to think that way, but I guess I'm moving away from all that excitement now. I think having one platform that works and one to tinker on if i so chose is now where I'm at. I used to root and flash all the time with Android and even that I've lost interest in.

I'm not sure if I'll go back to iOS but i suppose i would trade my Robin for an iPhone SE...Even if i don't use it.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

I used to think that way, but I guess I'm moving away from all that excitement now. I think having one platform that works and one to tinker on if i so chose is now where I'm at. I used to root and flash all the time with Android and even that I've lost interest in.

I'm not sure if I'll go back to iOS but i suppose i would trade my Robin for an iPhone SE...Even if i don't use it.

Sounds like that's a good place to be, imo.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

You can keep musing out loud about your Robin for an iPhone SE but that is highly unlikely. Maybe two Robin's for a SE?

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Huawei Honor V9 launched today in China, looks great. I am going to see if I can import it before they launch in the USA.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

I hate learning poetry by rote. I just hate it. Especially when it's in Latin. And when I have to know the translation to Bosnian.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

I can't see how could I benefit from knowing the whole Gaudeamus, but I guess that one's beyond me.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

You can keep musing out loud about your Robin for an iPhone SE but that is highly unlikely. Maybe two Robin's for a SE?
Based on Swappa prices, you could be right...For a 64GB SE, that is. But why buy another Robin to trade when if I wanted to be creative, just grab a T-Mobile branded V20 for $360 and then just sell both the Robin and Honor 8?

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Based on Swappa prices, you could be right...For a 64GB SE, that is. But why buy another Robin to trade when if I wanted to be creative, just grab a T-Mobile branded V20 for $360 and then just sell both the Robin and Honor 8?
Why don't you do that? Because while you were typing this, I got a blue S7 edge for $360😀

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers