WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Looks like that there's nothing out there that really suits you :D.

Very true. I don't like the huge finger print scanner on the P10. I'm not a fan of the bezel on the G6. Both are rather average looking.

The reason I like the XZ is for the looks. It's stylish and the finger print button is in a great place.

However, it's not the best phone around. Not that I'm after the best, I just want something I'm going to like for about two years.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I think my issue is that I don't like to change my devices that frequently and buying something 'just because' feels rather wasteful and pointless.

I'd just feel that I just 'settled' for something and would just feel unconnected to it.

I can't really explain it. I'd just rather buy something I like. Not much out there unfortunately.
I totally understand. It is often why i always suggest to people never really read into reviews too much. Go in the shop if you can and feel out the device. Most times, it'll give you a good idea...Especially if the shop has a good return policy and you normally care your devices.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Honor 8 is another pretty device. I heared that it has the fastest fingerprint scanner?

I think Samsung's going to kill it this year. People simply like the edge display, and that's another thing I believe is going to help Huawei witj their sales.
Huawei makes the fastest in the business currently, IMO. They're clearly the fastest ones I've used...And it isn't even close.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

I hate that it's so hard to find a nice smaller device.

I would like to have something smaller than the Honor 8 that isn't trash. The Honor 8 is fairly smaller but I have been spoiled by my iPhone SE.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I would like to have something smaller than the Honor 8 that isn't trash. The Honor 8 is fairly smaller but I have been spoiled by my iPhone SE.
For me, the three chalk phones...iPhone 7, S7 and especially the Pixel have the best in hand feel.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Compact phones are becoming rare these days. The Sony devices look decent but man do they have really tall chins, I thought the Pixel was bad, these are worse!

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

I can't type on the SE, sorry a bit too small for me.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Having owned all three, I like the Pixel feel in hand the best, followed by the iPhone 7 and then the S7.
I was highly impressed how the iPhone 7 felt in hand. I'd have gotten the black one (if I liked this kind of fruit) as it made those top and bottom bezels melt better into the screen visually. The Pixel feels great. I would get one but it's priced out of my bracket and Google will only give 2 years worth of updates and 3 years worth of security patches. If Google was willing to do 3 years of OS updates, I'd save an buy one.

Otherwise, it just doesn't justify that price tag for me.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

I can't type on the SE, sorry a bit too small for me.

Been there, done that. Agreed...Too small.

I can understand this. Everyone is different of course with what works for them.

For me, I prefer to type one handed (and really do everything that way) so it's almost excellent for me even though I have long fingers. Add in a keyboard with gliding like GBoard and Word Flow, and I'm all set.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Compact phones are becoming rare these days. The Sony devices look decent but man do they have really tall chins, I thought the Pixel was bad, these are worse!
As you know, Sony's stuff has always looked nice but they age them too fast and keep doing too many incremental updates at the same high price.

I like the fact they've slimmed down their lineup, but being "solid" isn't enough in the high end and especially the midrange segment.

They make well made devices...my Z3 tablet compact still is killer...but they just keep missing...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99