WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Speaking of the Honor 8, if I will sell or not depends on what software it comes back to me with.

There's really no other Android phones for me that feel the same. It seems like everything is tall!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Speaking of the Honor 8, if I will sell or not depends on what software it comes back to me with.

There's really no other Android phones for me that feel the same. It seems like everything is tall!
"That's what she said..."

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

To me, it's an OK device. The camera is nice and the design is really good. I like the eye comfort mode and the software tricks with the fingerprint scanner are nice. I still enjoyed my time with the Mi 5 more. It's like the Pixel in terms of how compact it was...and felt as light as the 950, even though it was a glass and metal build.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Wow that sounds annoying. Ahh I hope it would work out for you somehow.
I hope so too. It is a solid enough device that I don't mind keeping around...But if every time I'm using my wired headphones and a call comes in while I'm listening to music and the phone keeps automatically answering the call, then it has to go.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I hope so too. It is a solid enough device that I don't mind keeping around...But if every time I'm using my wired headphones and a call comes in while I'm listening to music and the phone keeps automatically answering the call, then it has to go.
This may sound like a small bother to people, but this has never, ever, ever happened to me in all the Android phones I've used...Especially since I've used Wear. When the GF called me once, I saw a brief notification flash but the phone picked the call up automatically. I am digging in settings and cannot find it. Maybe if I uninstall an app or two I'll see if that helps...But f all else fails, I'm selling the honor 8.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Yeah, you walked into that one, but it's all good...Some girls like compact for their own reasons...

Lol! This girl loves compact phones. I have even tried androids smaller than the Honor 8 (pixel aside) and the size was great but it fell short of the 8 in other ways. Not into the Galaxy phones either.

Tall phones can't even fit in my work pants pockets, which makes them all useless to me.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Lol! This girl loves compact phones. I have even tried androids smaller than the Honor 8 (pixel aside) and the size was great but it fell short of the 8 in other ways. Not into the Galaxy phones either.

Tall phones can't even fit in my work pants pockets, which makes them all useless to me.
Have you tried Wear yet?

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

This may sound like a small bother to people, but this has never, ever, ever happened to me in all the Android phones I've used...Especially since I've used Wear. When the GF called me once, I saw a brief notification flash but the phone picked the call up automatically. I am digging in settings and cannot find it. Maybe if I uninstall an app or two I'll see if that helps...But f all else fails, I'm selling the honor 8.

It doesn't sound small to me at all. We all have different things that are important to us. It only makes sense that if it doesn't work, you are going to be done with the phone.

I have tried some androids that sync my exchange contacts but then they disappear. I liked it but that was a pain for me. I need my contacts to just work.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Have you tried Wear yet?

Nope. I have a smart band that I liked but I think I'm good on smart watches for now.

If I was to get one, I would get the Vector Luna since it works/worked with WP too. That's before they were bought by FitBit.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

So that's why she said "tall and narrow just doesn't work...It cannot fit into my pants." But, I'm even more confused as I thought it's a better fit outside of the pants...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Nope. I have a smart band that I liked but I think I'm good on smart watches for now.
Understood. It's too polarizing right now...Not compelling enough. I think Google has improved the Wear interface, but it needs assistant to really make it shine...A robust mix of voice prompts would be nice.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Honestly, I'm waiting for voice recognition to take the next leap. If we can have fingerprint scanners that are pretty good, I'd love to see the Assistant on your phone learn your voice and respond only to your voice. That way, people can either use the "OK Google" prompt and not worry that their phone would get triggered by anyone else else using that "hot phrase", or people get to use their own name for the Assistant.

Extend that functionality on a smartwatch, that may sell too.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

So that's why she said "tall and narrow just doesn't work...It cannot fit into my pants." But, I'm even more confused as I thought it's a better fit outside of the pants...

Lol. I should have also said that I am one who uses my phones with one hand. The Honor 8 is the tallest phone that I can do this without strain (even though I can't reach the top without shifting in my hand). The narrowness of it helps with this.

I don't mind narrow as long as it isn't too tall. I put phones only in my front pockets.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Lol. I should have also said that I am one who uses my phones with one hand. The Honor 8 is the tallest phone that I can do this without strain (even though I can't reach the top without shifting in my hand). The narrowness of it helps with this.

I don't mind narrow as long as it isn't too tall. I put phones only in my front pockets.
And here I thought your two handed game was elite status...Guess a good one handed game isnt a terrible consolation prize...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers