WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

I haven't really looked into it. I guess it's ok but I'm not fussed on the design of it. Lack of water residence is annoying. Not sure about SD card slot as I've lived without it before.

Main outstanding features are the camera followed by the software.

On the whole, I give it 'average'.

That's of course the issue with the industry currently.
It has no SD slot. Google last made one of those on a flagship phone in the Nexus One. It has two storage configurations...32GB or 128GB. Technically, it is IP53 rated...Same as the OG Xperia Z. Not great, but better that a lot. I asked as depending on how much storage you need, someone has a very good lead on one...

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

It has no SD slot. Google last made one of those on a flagship phone in the Nexus One. It has two storage configurations...32GB or 128GB. I asked as depending on how much storage you need, someone has a very good lead on one...
I know it doesn't have one I was just saying I wasn't sure it was an issue for me.

On the whole I think it's ok for what it is. It always was the price that disappointed.

I'm not a fan of the design though. I find it boring. Just like I find the iPhone boring.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I know it doesn't have one I was just saying I wasn't sure it was an issue for me.

On the whole I think it's ok for what it is. It always was the price that disappointed.

I'm not a fan of the design though. I find it boring. Just like I find the iPhone boring.
OK. Well, your search continues...(can't say I didn't try)...

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

I was avoiding sleep this morning but I keep thinking about trying the Sony Xperia X Compact again, or even the X itself.

I think it's time to make a list to help myself when it comes to this, lol.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

I was avoiding sleep this morning but I keep thinking about trying the Sony Xperia X Compact again, or even the X itself.

I think it's time to make a list to help myself when it comes to this, lol.
BTW your blue Honor 8 is extremely well loved 😀

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Here is the iconic restaurant in LAX. And yes, skies are this blue in CA and the Pixel takes amazing pictures.

8b3a450d4aef17e8408da4a9025110ac.jpg

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

OK. Well, your search continues...(can't say I didn't try)...
Much appreciated but at this moment in time I'm not really looking anymore.

I can easily buy a phone if I wanted to but I have other things that are more important.

That's not saying I won't buy one in the near future just need to make sure when I do it's something I really want.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

So... aside from unsubscribing from this thread, how does one turn off all email notifications? It used to be easy to do now I can't find it.

I don't want emails every single time something happens on this thread...

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I just want to give an update on my life at the moment. I normally don't discuss much on here about it anymore but I thought I'd say a couple of things to give you an idea of what's going on.

So you may have heard the UK voted to leave the EU. This has caused a few issues for many people already and may cause an issue for me as well. My status in the UK is dependant on my wife who is an EU citizen. Until we have an idea of what's happening with the negotiations my status is up in the air. I need to apply for permanent residency and that is based on my wife being the sponsor. I'm not sure how much they take my wage into consideration but there is a possibility that I may be rejected still due to other factors involved in the application process. My current visa expires next April, so I have time to see how things play out. Still it's an uneasy feeling.

Our plans prior to this whole mess was to stay in the UK for the next 5/6 years and then move. However, with this change in status for the UK in the EU it's rather pointless to stick around. As it is, we're working to get things sorted in the next 1-2 years now. Plan currently is moving to the south of France but that will depend on how the elections pan out there as well. So plan B is Finland. Plan C is back to Australia...

In any case as you can see it's quite disruptive and I'm not the only one going through this mess. Many EU citizens are having to do similar 'plans'.

The worst part for me is the house purchase. Had I known this was going to happen I wouldn't have bothered and I'd have about £40,000 in my account now. With the devaluation of the £ and the possibility of the house prices dropping we're in a bit of a conundrum. Hope is that we can still stay in positive equity. If not we're screwed.

To top it off, our remortgage is this year. So I need to have my permanent residency before that otherwise they may cancel our mortgage. Which wouldn't be good.

So it's very messy as you can see.

This is basically occupying my mind a lot. I have the potential at the moment to lose my status in the UK, which means losing my job and possibly my house. It's not the best place to be in.

So I hope you excuse me if I seem a bit grumpy and put off sometimes.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I should also point out that a lot of UK citizens are completely oblivious to the issues I've talked about.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb