WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

So for the newer folks here, I've been studying part time to get a Master's in Social Work for the better part of the life of this thread (4 years). In order to practice as a social worker in the US, you need a license...In order to get access to federal jobs, you need to be a citizen. So I need to get those two things to really make some headway in the social work field.

Thanks for this! Wow, that's so awesome that you are doing that. Many props.

Ah okay, I see. That makes sense. I wish you luck with all of that.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

I'm starting to wonder if this is just normal or something to get 1%.

Where I am, we only get a small raise to account for cost of living. Nothing more.

It is becoming the normal unless you keep getting an Exceptional or Outstanding rating year in and year out. I went without a single $ raise for 2 review cycles in my current job for some really outlandish and bizarre reasons.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

It is becoming the normal unless you keep getting an Exceptional or Outstanding rating year in and year out. I went without a single $ raise for 2 review cycles in my current job for some really outlandish and bizarre reasons.

Wow, that's a while to go without o_o

I'm in the public sector so I guess my raise for completing my probation is all I'll see for a while.

Edit: I stand corrected, there's different levels of the public sector that do get raises, like local government and such, but I'm not a part of that.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Thanks for this! Wow, that's so awesome that you are doing that. Many props.

Ah okay, I see. That makes sense. I wish you luck with all of that.
Thanks.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Yup. Employers don't like paying raises these days the same way Trump doesn't like poor brown folks and or women with these policies of his...

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

Grad school is an optional level, where you get Master's and PhD (doctorate) degrees. If you wanted to be a lawyer, you would get your first (Bachelor's degree) and then instead of grad school, you would be going to law school.

It just depends on how far you want to go and how much education is needed for what you'll be doing.

I get it know, I wasn't familiar with the term

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

On one hand, I miss not shuffling my phone in my hand so the X Compact looks nice for that but it's a bummer that I can't get it less than $250 unless it's banged up. I keep hovering over the B&H page for one.

If I was to try it and like it, the Honor 8 will have to go. I don't want to have 4+ phones again lol.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

So I caved.

I'm a sucker, and B&H enables me. I just need to know, and I need to compare cameras and also see if Nine is still magical on this phone or not. It's a hard life being someone who feels like they need to be very sure about things. For this, I'm not going to be sure until I am...if that makes any sense.

To be fair, phones, Spotify and my tv sub are all I do pay for as fun things. Hopefully it will be in my hands tomorrow night...

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

So I caved.

I'm a sucker, and B&H enables me. I just need to know, and I need to compare cameras and also see if Nine is still magical on this phone or not. It's a hard life being someone who feels like they need to be very sure about things. For this, I'm not going to be sure until I am...if that makes any sense.

To be fair, phones, Spotify and my tv sub are all I do pay for as fun things. Hopefully it will be in my hands tomorrow night...
What device did you get?

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Good luck with that. I saw a Mi 5 for a decent price, it looks like everyone is browsing today (we know 99 doesn't have to browse to get offered a deal).

Haha thanks. I didn't pay for a new one, so it was under $300. Maybe I should have asked 99 if he knows someone with one xd

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Unsurprising statement. Typical right wing mentally.

It's all your fault...

Edit:
I should have pointed out that the idea that poor people or people who cannot afford health insurance are buying and using iPhones is by the most blatant form of ignorance by the 'elite'. The common people thought they were voting against the elite... how silly.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb