WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

You know, for all the **** MSFT got for the design of the 950 series, they really are well made and compact. The Honor 8 is about 80% smaller than the 950 XL. I can one hand use the XL very easily.
There are some times i wish to just sell all the Android gear i have and just use the OG 360 as a time piece with the XL as the daily driver.

But it's those few times I have the ease of use of the Android ecosystem whenever i want certain things that holds me back. You were closer than you were willing to give yourself credit for, yet were further off than you thought, MSFT.

To me, that last sentence sums up Windows on Mobile since the 2003SE days.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

?????? I hope you don't have any trouble sending it back for a refund.

I shouldn't have any issues. I might do an exchange since they have another one. Fortunately, it will get to them very fast but I'm not sure how that goes for exchanges.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

There are some times i wish to just sell all the Android gear i have and just use the OG 360 as a time piece with the XL as the daily driver.

But it's those few times I have the ease of use of the Android ecosystem whenever i want certain things that holds me back. You were closer than you were willing to give yourself credit for, yet were further off than you thought, MSFT.

To me, that last sentence sums up Windows on Mobile since the 2003SE days.
I agree with you. I think it's a hard choice for sure. I really like my 950 but the battery life is my true gripe.

Weirdly enough, I have considered being done with Android and just have my iPhone and 950 with me as my choices. I'm indecisive and I like to be really sure so I don't know when/if I'll do that.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I agree with you. I think it's a hard choice for sure. I really like my 950 but the battery life is my true gripe.

Weirdly enough, I have considered being done with Android and just have my iPhone and 950 with me as my choices. I'm indecisive and I like to be really sure so I don't know when/if I'll do that.
Back in the days, for me lugging around a spare battery was standard procedure. Qualcomm really screwed at lot of people in 2015 with the S808/810 chips...

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Back in the days, for me lugging around a spare battery was standard procedure. Qualcomm really screwed at lot of people in 2015 with the S808/810 chips...

I agree!

Having a spare battery with you sounds annoying to me. I know that there's advantages but that's just not my thing, especially considering the process it takes to remove the cover from the 950s. My poor nails :grincry:

Nails aside, I like to have just the things I need in a light load day to day.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I agree!

Having a spare battery with you sounds annoying to me. I know that there's advantages but that's just not my thing, especially considering the process it takes to remove the cover from the 950s. My poor nails :grincry:
Yes, swapping batteries even on the XL is a pain. Still, some people value that convenience to be able to power through a heavy usage day by not having the power outlet hold you by the balls...

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Can't even sign into the X Compact because the last person who owned it just reset their device. Bummer. Going to RMA it tomorrow morning.
Any reason why you can't use Xperia Companion and do a reinstall of the firmware?

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Any reason why you can't use Xperia Companion and do a reinstall of the firmware?
Most likely she got hit by that software feature introduced in 5.0 where even after a factory reset the phone's setup screen is still tied to the last email that was set up with the device...

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I had no idea it was so difficult for a Canadian to get UK citizenship. I was under the impression that the EU status mattered less if one was a citizen of a Commonwealth nation. This is more complicated and sucks a lot more than I possibly thought.
I'll write more later but to put it simply, the Commonwealth is meaningless when it comes to things like immigration. If there was anything I'd like to see disappear, it's the Commonwealth.

It unfortunately help keep up the illusion that the UK is still some mighty empire instead of the small insignificant island it is.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Most likely she got hit by that software feature introduced in 5.0 where even after a factory reset the phone's setup screen is still tied to the last email that was set up with the device...
Yep, that's it. I'll let the company I bought it from deal with that. Also, I wouldn't want to try something, have it not work and then the company chooses not to help me.

After having my Honor 8 break because I wanted to roll back, I'm so done with any and all of that.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Odd. I never ran into that with my phone when I reinstalled the firmware.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Odd. I never ran into that with my phone when I reinstalled the firmware.
Had this happen plenty of times, so there are some guides online's depending on the device to get around it. It was added to deter people who stole phones, if memory serves me correctly. It's why when you're asking a used phone, being sure you've wiped the device correctly is a big key.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Yep, that's it. I'll let the company I bought it from deal with that. Also, I wouldn't want to try something, have it not work and then the company chooses not to help me.

After having my Honor 8 break because I wanted to roll back, I'm so done with any and all of that.
Just for the record. I was suggesting using the official Sony software. It shouldn't break anything but I understand if you'd rather send it back.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I'll write more later but to put it simply, the Commonwealth is meaningless

I should have stopped there...

The Commonwealth is built on the back of the British Empire. It's the group of countries that used to belong to it (and possibly some others who joined). It was originally referred to as the British Commonwealth and having the Queen as it's head, which she still is, gives it that impression all the more that it's for the UK's benefit.

Countries are members of the Commonwealth, which they pay to be a part of, if you asked most people in those countries who are a part of it, not many, if virtually none, would know that.

Being a member doesn't provide citizens with any special status within the Commonwealth. The Commonwealth is more about shared values, culture and language than anything else. There's some nonsense about keeping peace and other blather but at the end the day it's an entirely meaningless entity as far as I'm concerned.

It also doesn't help that a lot of the countries are still constitutional monarchies either, a lot with the Queen as the head of state. Like Canada and Australia for instance.

There never is any knowledge passed around of what it means to be a part of this group of countries or what benefit there is. In a sense, it would appear mostly ceremonial.

As each country within the Commonwealth is independent and it's own entity it has control of it's borders, laws and so on so things like immigration are still treated no different between the countries than if someone from outside the Commonwealth was applying.

There was recent talk about creating a Commonwealth 'free movement' law between Australia, Canada, New Zealand and the UK but I don't see that getting very far.

So if you're wondering, yes my immigration to Australia was no different than if I was American applying to immigrate there.

Same goes for the UK.

Any agreements between countries with regards to trade, immigration and so on is between those countries. So for example, the UK and Australia used to have some agreements on immigration but those have since stopped as far as I know.

Along with the Commonwealth I'd also like to see constitutional monarchies finished as well. Those countries who still have the Queen as the head of state pay for that privilege. Something that again, most of those who live in those countries do not know.

When I say pay, I do mean millions. I believe it was over $54M CAD for Canada. Similar for Australia.

So yeah, I don't have the most positive opinions on either of those two things.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Just for the record. I was suggesting using the official Sony software. It shouldn't break anything but I understand if you'd rather send it back.

Thank you, I appreciate it. I'm apprehensive because I used the official Honor firmware to roll my phone back, and it broke. I'm hoping that the exchange wouldn't need that but that's good to know.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99