WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Well you need to move to a cheaper neighborhood. I don't even know how much a golf round costs in your zip code.

Lol... Pic is actually a new gas station that hasn't opened yet. Prices aren't really that bad... Right around $2/gallon

Sent from mTalk

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Well we're here in AC. Tropicana is the landing spot for the next few days. Should be a snowstorm come Tuesday (I hope not), but at least I'll post pictures.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

No Moto G5 (non Plus) listing on B&H. I guess it isn't happening.

I'm kind of regretting doing an exchange for my X Compact...and the exchange hasn't went through yet. I'm feeling like I should have waited to do this. This snow will probably delay when I will get it.

I hope it would be worth it, but we'll see.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Had some ultra spicy chili fritters an hour ago. Yummy.
de3cae16ea7057660650867d30e07cb8.jpg

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

So Brexit talks are finally happening. It's going to be interesting to see how things will go.
Did I miss something? Last time I saw the news (before I went to bed) they had to debate the lord's changes today.

No news outlet here is saying anything.

There's word of the PM starting the process on Tuesday, because they're in a hurry to wreck the country but there's no definite day yet.

In any case, I do wish they'd get on with it. I'm a little over the whole thing. I hope the EU puts them in their place, like they deserve.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

Did I miss something? Last time I saw the news (before I went to bed) they had to debate the lord's changes today.

No news outlet here is saying anything.

There's word of the PM starting the process on Tuesday, because they're in a hurry to wreck the country but there's no definite day yet.

In any case, I do wish they'd get on with it. I'm a little over the whole thing. I hope the EU puts them in their place, like they deserve.

They were just announcing the talks, they've got some sort of Brexit minister of some kind. Maybe I got it wrong, but that's what it seemed like. They're already counting on hard negotionations and a possibility that they won't be able to reach an agreement. Anyway, it's going to be interesting.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

They were just announcing the talks, they've got some sort of Brexit minister of some kind. Maybe I got it wrong, but that's what it seemed like. They're already counting on hard negotionations and a possibility that they won't be able to reach an agreement. Anyway, it's going to be interesting.

They've had a Brexit minister for months now. They have a whole department actually. They've had to hire tonnes of negotiators and other staff because they didn't have any.

The cost of all this is not being mentioned much but think in the millions just for this part. That's not even including the cost of removing EU law which will take possibly decades.

The lack of an agreement has always been a possibility and for some of the more rabid Brexit supporters it's the 'only' option as far as they're concerned. They don't seem to care what happens to the country so long as the EU is gone and immigration from the EU stops.

The simple reality is no one knows what's going to happen because the negotiations haven't started. The simple truth here is that the UK shouldn't benefit from the EU from any future agreement. Meaning they shouldn't have it 'as good' as a member of the EU, otherwise, what's the point?

If the UK leaves with no deal that means all trade stops with the EU. The UK will simply be black listed. I don't see that happening but you never know.

The biggest part of the negotiations is on money and what kind of relationship the UK will have with the EU. An actual trade deal is a separate negotiation and the EU will bury the UK there as will any other strong economy.

The UK's success has been it's services, with leaving the EU it's shooting itself in the foot and taking off both legs in the process.

The EU has been the biggest benefit to the UK economy, the biggest mistake, which is the same in the US, is that not everyone has benefited from this. It's is those who've been left behind that have caused this.

To put this into perspective, there are tonnes of town and areas in the UK where immigration is less than 1% population but they overwhelmingly voted to leave because of immigration from the EU. Immigration was the number one reason for leaving the EU. Let that sink in.

Oddly enough, a lot of those same people seemed to have confusion between EU immigrants and Asia, India and Middle East countries...

Last edited:

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

So Rue, you're telling me that Brits vote leave EU because of EU immigrations, not the ones from Africa and Asia? For real? So the government played those people. Nice.

The one branc that is definitely going to suffer is the gaming industry. UK has one of the biggest gaming companies in the world and thise were mainly funded through EU funds, when they leave, well, that's going to change.
They're already having issues with staff that has EU citizenship. Don't know what's going to happen to those people. I believe I've already read an article somewhere that one of the gaming companies was offered to move to Ireland.

I don't think this will benefit UK's economy, it definitely won't. They should have learned from other countries' examples. Separatism has never brought anything good to middle and working class.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

First day of this deadly week's almost over. German - checked, got an A. Three more subjects left.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

So that exchange I was talking about for my X Compact, they already did it for me, and they actually gave me the one in better condition!

So nice of them. It's looking like I can get it tomorrow ideally (just because of snow). We'll see.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

I'm stuck in a 5 hour off site meeting before I get let out and start driving to the Bay Area. In the meantime they have some interesting tchochkies on the table.
365b4caa02654fcdaf87371379096134.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte