WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

The tech industry is but one issue.

The health services is by far a bigger one. It's been under pressure for some time now. Ever since the result of the referendum, nurses and doctors have left. They're having issues recruiting from the EU. They haven't got enough students to fill those gaps. They are having issues recruiting from other countries.

To top it off, a lot of the retired UK citizens living in the EU on their pensions now have less money as the £ has decreased in value. It's likely some will return to the UK. Putting extra strain on an already crumbling health service.

Next is the financial sector. The bread and butter of the UK economy. Lots of EU citizens working there and with the UK leaving the EU, it represents a possible change for the worse. So lots of them are looking to move.

The manufacturing industry, mainly the car industry, is not looking that good either. With Peugeot buying out GM in the EU and even though Nissan was given 'assurances' there's no guarantee there and it all rides on what the UK does with the negotiations.

I personally think the UK is hoping for a immediate trade deal with the US. Probably not in their favour but to them it will show that they are 'doing something'.

I agree with you wholly that this idea of going alone is not the best and a lot of people, mostly younger, are going to suffer for some time possibly.

It's really too hard to know what's going to happen but if the UK can't get the right deal and decides to walk away, this country is going to tank and not in a good way.

I can already see EU just crushing UK's diplomats. I believe EU will be kind of nice, but that nice really. Not even Merkel with all of her politeness is going to miss out potentially great deal that's going to benefit Germany.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

So Rue, you're telling me that Brits vote leave EU because of EU immigrations, not the ones from Africa and Asia? For real? So the government played those people. Nice.

I think you may have misunderstood me.. but that's ok.

No, what the UK wants is immigration from the Commonwealth because they still believe they are their betters and 'offer' them a chance to live in the 'home' country.

No I kid you not. This not a joke. I'm not lying and I'm not making it up. that's truly what has been said by government.

Of course, some of those in the small towns I mentioned probably believe that Canada, Australia and New Zealand are all full of ex white Brits of course...

The ones from 'non white' countries will be happy to do the 'lesser' jobs... no I'm not kidding again.. except for those from India who they believe can offer cheap IT workers... no I'm not kidding again...

This is the sad reality of the mindset of Brexit.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

So, the messing about is done. The UK PM can now pull the trigger whenever she feels like it.

Though I am curious to see what happens, I am also sad that this country is so backwards and that the rise of shallow populism seems to be the new vogue in the world.

Something else happened? I never really liked the new Prime Minister, though the previous one wasn't all rainbows and sunshines at all. Don't know if people are putting any guilt on his shoulders, but playing the whole country like that just to get elected, shallow, really shallow. And he didn't even believe in it, he himself called people to vote no.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Something else happened? I never really liked the new Prime Minister, though the previous one wasn't all rainbows and sunshines at all. Don't know if people are putting any guilt on his shoulders, but playing the whole country like that just to get elected, shallow, really shallow. And he didn't even believe in it, he himself called people to vote no.

What's happened is that parliament has now officially approved the 'Brexit Bill' as it's being called so now the PM has the power to start the process.

None of the amendments that were brought up by the lords was accepted so it's going through as is.

So sometime near the end of this month the UK will officially repeal the law that binds it to the EU.

Sad day really. It's been decades in the making for some here in the UK.

Thanks to world issues, this is how we are here....

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

What's happened is that parliament has now officially approved the 'Brexit Bill' as it's being called so now the PM has the power to start the process.

None of the amendments that were brought up by the lords was accepted so it's going through as is.

So sometime near the end of this month the UK will officially repeal the law that binds it to the EU.

Sad day really. It's been decades in the making for some here in the UK.

Thanks to world issues, this is how we are here....

So it's pretty much official. Don't know what are those politicians thinking. Everywhere you look you see a whole bunch of incapable people running a country.

Don't worry. Balkan is still worse than UK. We're having a pretty much real war crisis here. Whatever I try to say about our situation just can't do. I just can't describe the despair this region has found itself in. It's really sad as you said.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Food at lunch was good. Seasoned tofu and vegetable taco bar with guacamole, salsa and side salad. The cookies were divine.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I see that at least Rite Aid has a better take on this sign than Walmart...
045b1c92dc2e522bba0ec3373ce50a0f.jpg

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site

Extended my leave for another day. Cannot believe we messed up while buying our online air tickets. Didn't notice our mistake.. the departure/designation cities were switched!! Yikes... Live and learn.

... !!

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

Extended my leave for another day. Cannot believe we messed up while buying our online air tickets. Didn't notice our mistake.. the departure/designation cities were switched!! Yikes... Live and learn.

... !!
I hope everything has been sorted.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

The UK government is now proving definitively they really have no clue... this is just great!

I love it! This country is soooooo f***ed!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Ooh that sounds fun! How long this time? A few days? A day? A week or two?

Four days, three nights. It's not that far on the plane. Sad part is that it probably takes me as long to drive to the airport as the flight will take to get to my destination....

Still, I'm looking forward to it. I've been wanting to go to Bordeaux for a while.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Had my appointment cancelled because of the weather yesterday. I was able to reschedule it to tomorrow, and I'm so glad that I don't have to pay a no-show fee.

Looking forward to the slightly shorter day tomorrow, and this replacement X compact...

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

Had my appointment cancelled because of the weather yesterday. I was able to reschedule it to tomorrow, and I'm so glad that I don't have to pay a no-show fee.

Looking forward to the slightly shorter day tomorrow, and this replacement X compact...

Good luck with, that, third attempt? :D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)