WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

I landed my new job successfully, which officially starts on May 1 (even though i'll be doing the job before that!) and preparations for the wedding are ramping up. On top of this we're looking for our house - I never knew I needed to know so much about mortgages etc in order to make a good decision about a house. Man what a busy time!

How are y'all?

Good luck with the new job.

I'm tired and annoyed by the school obligations. Can't wait to have those 3 months of break, I know the real problems await at the college.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

As much as I like the G6, I'm not sure if there will be enough app support for the 18:9 screen ratio. Other than that, pretty solid effort this time around from LG.
As long as there are no bootloops and other QA issues, the G6 is at the top of my list. If i contort my budget to get an early one, I'll give the GF the Google home so she has two.

My concern is if they'll update the US unlocked model (what I'll buy) in time.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

Wireless charging, water resistance has always been important for me...And i have a Huawei device already in the Honor 8.

I forgot about your Honor.

P10 would be an ideal phone for me if only the rumors of the edge display were true. I know it's not the most practical thing out there, but for that price tag, it would have been a nice edition to it.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

As long as there are no bootloops and other QA issues, the G6 is at the top of my list. If i contort my budget to get an early one, I'll give the GF the Google home so she has two.

My concern is if they'll update the US unlocked model (what I'll buy) in time.

It is a bit pricey. LG seems to be following HTC's and Sony's trend with overpriced phones. Though G6 does offer alot, it still has a few drawback that should have affected the price.

If you decide on getting one, will you be buying US version, or are you're going to put an extra effort in finding a Korean version with DAC? I kind of like the HiFi DAC much more over the wireless charging.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

It is a bit pricey. LG seems to be following HTC's and Sony's trend with overpriced phones. Though G6 does offer alot, it still has a few drawback that should have affected the price.

If you decide on getting one, will you be buying US version, or are you're going to put an extra effort in finding a Korean version with DAC? I kind of like the HiFi DAC much more over the wireless charging.
Actually, they've been pricing their phones a little cheaper at launch since the G4...

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Time to swap out three of the devices for a Pixel😁
Lol, not three. Just one possibly. Never going to give up my iPhone SE. The 950 is the smallest WP with the few apps I need and want on Windows and also a nice camera. Only going to give up the Honor 8 for a smaller phone with better or equal cameras.

It's looking like the Pixel is the only one 😑

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Well, based on what's out there...the only two phones I'm looking at for an upgrade is a 128GB Pixel or a G6. I'd prefer the G6, but I'm watching to see if there are any production issues (bottloops, etc).
Yeah that G6 is looking really good!! Hopefully no issues. It looks like you have 2 of the best.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

While music is a priority for me, I'll get the US unlocked model if it does offer wireless charging. If music was the ultimate priority for me, I'd already be owning a V20 or HTC 10.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

I landed my new job successfully, which officially starts on May 1 (even though i'll be doing the job before that!) and preparations for the wedding are ramping up. On top of this we're looking for our house - I never knew I needed to know so much about mortgages etc in order to make a good decision about a house. Man what a busy time!

How are y'all?
Good luck and congrats!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Yeah that G6 is looking really good!! Hopefully no issues. It looks like you have 2 of the best.
The G6 would be the spiritual successor to the Z3 for me as it'd be an improvement across the board, except for screen size...which would be OK given the other improvements.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

While music is a priority for me, I'll get the US unlocked model if it does offer wireless charging. If music was the ultimate priority for me, I'd already be owning a V20 or HTC 10.

Then you're all set. Maybe I missed it, but I didn't see any news specifying the international model, or European one at least. Wonder what's that going to look like.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Then you're all set. Maybe I missed it, but I didn't see any news specifying the international model, or European one at least. Wonder what's that going to look like.
It has the same look design wise. In the US we won't get the white model. That's fine by me as I'd buy the ice color that looks like slate and would go nicely with my OG Huawei watch.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

So of course the bus we're on is packed...We've got split seats and I'm sitting against the dude with his iPhone 5 who cannot afford headphones and is watching Pokemon loudly. I should start snoring while taking a nap to be an equal ******, but I'll leave my headphones in...

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

How are y'all?
Congratulations and best wishes with everything!😊 I hope things go smoothly.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers