WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Yeah, not sure why they did that but yep the u ultra is a mess (of bad decisions).
I'll disagree...The U Ultra isn't that bad...I agree the price tag doesn't justify what it's offering, but people are dumping on the phone too much.

I see MKBHD found some spine and shat on a phone for once. But i still thought it was unnecessary.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

It looks like the GF is having lots of issues with her Band 2. I may do a reset and if that doesn't work, I'll get her a Gear Fit 2.

She does really like the band 2 though, so I'm hopeful i don't have to go that route...

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

I'll disagree...The U Ultra isn't that bad...I agree the price tag doesn't justify what it's offering, but people are dumping on the phone too much.

I see MKBHD found some spine and shat on a phone for once. But i still thought it was unnecessary.
Fair points. For me, the pricing and the little battery considering the size of the phone is silly. You're right, the phone itself is nice. Those are my only gripes.

Haha as soon as I saw that title, I had to watch his video. His and eztech321 (Zachary Anderson) rant was interesting.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Fair points. For me, the pricing and the little battery considering the size of the phone is silly. You're right, the phone itself is nice. Those are my only gripes.

Haha as soon as I saw that title, I had to watch his video. His and eztech321 (Zachary Anderson) rant was interesting.
I watched the video and the U Ultra itself impressed me more than MKBHD's rant, honestly. The biggest feature the phone has isn't out yet in terms of HTC's take on a virtual assistant. Adding more driver support for the second screen can make it more useful.

Phone looks gorgeous, as usual...HTC knows how to work with aluminum and will do just fine with glass. The U Ultra may not be HTC's 2017 flagship offering and until we know that for sure, i won't shat on it.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

Actually, they've been pricing their phones a little cheaper at launch since the G4...

True. But still, when a 750€ phone comes to my country, the re-sellers put at least a 850€ price tag on it.

Certain versions of iPhone 7 (I'm guessing the 128GB one), costs just above 1000€. Not pleasant at all.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

I think you're correct where the euro model will lack both. Normally i buy the international model for LG, but I'm watching this closely.

Well the 750€ would be an insane price to pay then. I'm telling you, they're going to screw up these month and a half of advantage over Samsung.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

He's still an ****** because i don't want to hear whether he's watching or listening to. I see this happen on my local bus often enough...One day, a dude actually said "hey, you need some headphones" and handed the guy who was playing music though his phone real loud. That was classic.

That was actually very polite of him, you wouldn't have a good time if you were to **** off someone in the lines I'm using here in Bosnia. It's fists or nothing. Or at least a few swears and name calling.

We have the "trendy teens", the one that are hip, following the trends, I don't know what to call them. Anyway, they listen to this cancerogenic music that is, obviously, a thing here, and the worst part about it is that they have Bluetooth speakers, so they actually manage to annoy the whole 50 people in the bus.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

I liked the phone from the first time I saw it in Fisher's video. It's not a bad phone, I agree, but it lacks too much and packs too many weird decisions. Like, why not a bigger battery or what's the reason behind taking the 3.5mm jack.

Neverthelese, it's still one of the prettiest phones I've seen.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

Haven't seen that one. I'll have to check it out.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

That was actually very polite of him, you wouldn't have a good time if you were to **** off someone in the lines I'm using here in Bosnia. It's fists or nothing. Or at least a few swears and name calling.

We have the "trendy teens", the one that are hip, following the trends, I don't know what to call them. Anyway, they listen to this cancerogenic music that is, obviously, a thing here, and the worst part about it is that they have Bluetooth speakers, so they actually manage to annoy the whole 50 people in the bus.
He's still an ****** to me. An unaware one, but one nonetheless. I knocked his phone charger out of the plug a few times between us by accident, so everything balanced itself out. Lol.

Outside of that, the trip back was uneventful. Headed back out in this sloppy NYC weather for a bottle of cheap white wine and some eats.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Well the 750€ would be an insane price to pay then. I'm telling you, they're going to screw up these month and a half of advantage over Samsung.
It's been years since HTC and Sony priced a phone appropriately. That ship has sailed.

HTC is in a weird spot because they do that have much of a window to launch their offering and the fact Samsung grabbed the first batches of S835s didn't help matters.

I liked the 10 and would honestly have (and still would) own one...But the price is too expensive and the battery life is too average for my tastes. Feel in hand was great though...

At this point, the G6 offers a better fit for me than the 10 and there isn't much in the 10 that would make me choose it over the honor 8.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Pixel is a nice phone. Just lacks the right price for device ratio for me.

I can understand and agree with that. Personally indifferent about it not being waterproof, but it is quite high. 99 really made the best deal possible for me.

Without it, not sure what I would do, aside from always looking at other phones and hoping that there will be a smaller phone released.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DaviSmalle