WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Sorry for talking politics again but I thought this was slightly amusing.

I've heard about this for a while now and decided to check it out for myself.

This is a graph of interest of a Google search term. I think it speaks for itself.

WhatistheEU.jpg

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

I should have a replacement arrive tomorrow, no later than Thursday.

I was in the bank today talking to the teller for a transaction and a telemarketer call slipped through where the phone picked it up without ringing. You should have seen the confused look with both had on our faces. And just now the phone picked up the GF's call without ringing and no wear watch connected.

It's a nice device and EMUI 5 looks good on it, but if it were up to me, I'd flash a AOSP ROM on it with bits of the EMUI features I like. Let's see if the next device will do the trick...

Wow o_o
I hope that the replacement will be better because that's just weird and annoying together.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Well there appears to be a terrorist situation going on it London near the Palaces of Westminster at the moment.

I don't know too much more than what's being reported in the news.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Well there appears to be a terrorist situation going on it London near the Palaces of Westminster at the moment.

I don't know too much more than what's being reported in the news.

I have heard about this. It sounds very sad. :(

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Update on the attack in case it's not being reported properly.
4 dead and 20 injured.
One is the attacker and the other the police officer he stabbed.
A Hyundai SUV drove along the walkway of Westminster bridge running people over then eventually hitting the parliament gate.
Though they haven't officially named the suspect they appear to be a known radical Islamist who's been jailed in the past. It appears he acted alone.

Of the 20 injured were three police officers and he ran into visiting French class of young students.

Sad really day. :(

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Update on the attack in case it's not being reported properly.
4 dead and 20 injured.
One is the attacker and the other the police officer he stabbed.
A Hyundai SUV drove along the walkway of Westminster bridge running people over then eventually hitting the parliament gate.
Though they haven't officially named the suspect they appear to be a known radical Islamist who's been jailed in the past. It appears he acted alone.

Of the 20 injured were three police officers and he ran into visiting French class of young students.

Sad really day. :(

Wow. I only heard about the 4 dead so I appreciate this information. So terrible.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

I know that people trash Microsoft and their customer support quite a bit on this site. But here is a nice story about how they helped me out on the latest issue that I have been having.

I had purchased a Dell XPS 13 last year on Pi day. It had been running fine for almost 8 months but then there were a couple of BSOD events. I took the computer to the local Microsoft store and they made sure drivers, OS, BIOS etc were all updated and running correctly.

The third time I took it in the guy said that since my 1 year warranty was going to be up soon, it would be best to send it in under warranty. They took the computer and it arrived today (2 weeks from start to finish) and I had no hassles in picking it up. They even gave me a nice bag to bring it home since I left in a rush to get to the store and forgot to take my laptop sleeve.

I have always had great service at this store and am not going to hesitate to purchase another Windows device from Microsoft Store.

BTW, they are in a very busy mall and right across them is a much larger store for a little fruit stand company based in Cupertino.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

They replaced the keyboard, the trackpad and the trackpad controller. Supposedly this was causing problems in terms of intermittent issues on my computer.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

I know that people trash Microsoft and their customer support quite a bit on this site. But here is a nice story about how they helped me out on the latest issue that I have been having.

I had purchased a Dell XPS 13 last year on Pi day. It had been running fine for almost 8 months but then there were a couple of BSOD events. I took the computer to the local Microsoft store and they made sure drivers, OS, BIOS etc were all updated and running correctly.

The third time I took it in the guy said that since my 1 year warranty was going to be up soon, it would be best to send it in under warranty. They took the computer and it arrived today (2 weeks from start to finish) and I had no hassles in picking it up. They even gave me a nice bag to bring it home since I left in a rush to get to the store and forgot to take my laptop sleeve.

I have always had great service at this store and am not going to hesitate to purchase another Windows device from Microsoft Store.

BTW, they are in a very busy mall and right across them is a much larger store for a little fruit stand company based in Cupertino.
Wow that's awesome!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

It's so sad what happened in London today on so many levels. My prayers are with the victims' families...

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

*Facepalm*
Though I agree fully it's likely someone told them.

Not to mention that just going by images we saw the two do look very similar, same build etc. So easy mistake. Not one you should make lightly though. The person whom they thought it was is still in jail.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

That's great to hear! I'm glad they fixed your PC quickly and without any hassles.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

The sad part out of this really is the there is no way to counter these types of attacks. You simply cannot predict them. It just makes you feel less safe because at any time something like this can happen.

I think about how many times I've crossed that bridge. Walked by those police guards. Been in that area.

It's a bit of an uneasy feeling.

I know why the attacker chose that day, he was trying to get to the PM. Kind of a crazy thing to do attacking one​ of the most heavily guarded parliament buildings but he almost succeeded getting in. Thankfully he didn't have a gun.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Muessig

I can't seem to find the feedback forum for the website so I thought I'd pass this on to you.

I still can't seem to stop emails coming from subscribed threads. It's very annoying.

Second I'm not a fan of the one button for the messages and likes/quotes. It doesn't work very effectively. I think you still need two buttons.

$4906A35527525BF1.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3