WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Man that S8 looks nice. Why can't we get the nice devices (or... really just any devices at this point).

In other news our offer on a house has been accepted so paperwork galore!

Wow congrats! It's looking like a lot of big things are happening for you this year! Very cool.

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

Congrats! Welcome to the club!

Yeah, lots of paperwork.

I'm assuming you're getting a mortgage? We went with Halifax, well we had little choice, had to watch a couple of videos so she didn't have to explain everything, seemed to take forever... Thankfully the person handling our mortgage had a sense of humour about the whole thing.

The lawyer bit was just signing papers. Rather quick overall. Anticlimax actually.

Then there's getting the insurances... Sigh...

Make sure you check around for quotes on insurances. Our bank offered them and they proved to be more expensive.

We've gone through a local independent mortgage advisor, we've got a solicitor so now we're waiting for the estate agent and solicitor and the bank to get paperwork over to us, which is a bit frustrating. I've been told by people at work that anything that involves a solicitor involves frustration and pain so... woo!

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Looks like Samsung went fancy with the S8. I'd still pick a G6 based on what I've seen so far...
Yeah I don't blame you there. It looks easier to hold. It's kind of trippy that they are the same height, I think.

Of course the fingerprint sensor is in a better place too.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I see mhkbhd has started to grow up again and this time evolve into a phone reviewer and not a great phone overview style of content. Good for him, I guess.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Yeah I don't blame you there. It looks easier to hold. It's kind of trippy that they are the same height, I think.

Of course the fingerprint sensor is in a better place too.
Samsung wanted you not to use the fingerprint scanner. If they were focused on better one handed usage, they could have swapped placement for the fingerprint reader for the flash. It's all about the iris scanner as the way to unlock the device.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Samsung wanted you not to use the fingerprint scanner. If they were focused on better one handed usage, they could have swapped placement for the fingerprint reader for the flash. It's all about the iris scanner as the way to unlock the device.

That's true. I don't doubt it but the way that has been on the 950s has me feeling kind of apprehensive about people actually adopting this as the regular way to unlock.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

That's true. I don't doubt it but the way that has been on the 950s has me feeling kind of apprehensive about people actually adopting this as the regular way to unlock.
I heard it was improved on the Note 7, but I don't want to use iris scanner for safety reasons for my commute.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I do like the Mi note 2. I'm seeing some RoMs I could update to, but I don't feel like manually flashing ****.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Bordeaux is very nice. We'll have to come back when we have more time and a better camera. Sony Z3 is a bit disappointing for night shots. Off to the countryside now!

Last edited:

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

We've gone through a local independent mortgage advisor, we've got a solicitor so now we're waiting for the estate agent and solicitor and the bank to get paperwork over to us, which is a bit frustrating. I've been told by people at work that anything that involves a solicitor involves frustration and pain so... woo!
Nothing like a solicitor to slow things down.

We tried an independent mortgage advisor but we proved a bit difficult for them for some reason. That was more painful than dealing with the solicitor...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99