WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Oh I'm pretty aware of that. So is my wife.

Also I've seen lots of examples here in the UK, Canada and Australia of attitudes to certain things, like going to college or university are see as being 'up oneself' to use an Aussie idiom.

I'm the only college grad in my family at this point. None of my nieces or nephews have gone to college yet. Same goes for my wife.

Both my parents were college graduates.
My wife's parents went to high school and that was the end of their schooling. All of their kids have a college degree(s).
My brother is a college dropout but very successful in what he does for a living.

As I have grown older, I have come to appreciate the diversity around me in terms of education.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

I am finally recovering from issues related to depression that I know were going on for a long time before I finally decided to seek help. I wasn't able to move forward to the goals I wanted and needed due to my illness overwhelming everything else. Now I'm finally moving toward what I need to do to change my career.

I am very happy for you Laura!

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

That's great to hear. Medical and mental health challenges are always so tough to deal with, especially things such as depression that can cause people to suffer in silence.

I do hope things continue to improve for you going forward.
Thank you.

I wish you the best in your career change as well. 😊

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

Both my parents were college graduates.
My wife's parents went to high school and that was the end of their schooling. All of their kids have a college degree(s).
My brother is a college dropout but very successful in what he does for a living.

As I have grown older, I have come to appreciate the diversity around me in terms of education.
It's also interesting to see what family members have done, since many do something different than what they originally studied in school or in different types of industries.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

It's also interesting to see what family members have done, since many do something different than what they originally studied in school or in different types of industries.

What I studied for my undergraduate - I applied that knowledge hands on for my first job.
What I studied for my graduate degree - the job where I would have applied the learning hands on slipped away from my grasp (it is a very long story). The job I ended up with utilized the skills I learnt during the engineering statistics coursework and I have been very happy with how things have turned out.

What I do for my living actually touches people's lives in a very visceral and real way. Couldn't have found a better career.

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

So in London diesel​ cars before 2006 will have to pay extra tax. Interesting enough I saw a lorry full of old car with British registration. Seems like they will be sold in countries like Bosnia, Albania and like.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

What I studied for my undergraduate - I applied that knowledge hands on for my first job.
What I studied for my graduate degree - the job where I would have applied the learning hands on slipped away from my grasp (it is a very long story). The job I ended up with utilized the skills I learnt during the engineering statistics coursework and I have been very happy with how things have turned out.

What I do for my living actually touches people's lives in a very visceral and real way. Couldn't have found a better career.
That's awesome!😊 I'm so happy you found your calling.

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site

Yeah, quite sometime ago via Google AW developer... I was told (local Huawei) that the consumer release is late April.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I'm starting to think really carefully about getting a new phone. Not sure what to do exactly, I don't want to spend more than £400.

I don't want a used phone either but it has to be unlocked.

Thing is there is not much around that I like.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

I'm starting to think really carefully about getting a new phone. Not sure what to do exactly, I don't want to spend more than £400.

I don't want a used phone either but it has to be unlocked.

Thing is there is not much around that I like.
I have a Huawei P10 which should work just fine in UK.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster