WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Hopefully the traffic is lighter the next two weeks as the kids are off.
School holidays are a little different here compared to what I'm used to.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Did a lot of walking on the weekend. The weather was fantastic.

Now if only I was in France... Ah patience...

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site

Back to work. Feeling crabby with Monday morning blues... Pouring over several spreadsheets... Getting those formulas and links to work properly is a pain...
My neck hurts.
Why hasn't the caffeine kick in yet

... !!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Yeah, the original Urbane is pretty clunky, but for whatever reason, I like clunky devices. I had the Huawei Watch for a while. That was a very nice watch, but notifications were hit and miss for me on it using my Honor X2, so I sold it. Sold the Honor, too. ??????
I always wanted a 360, but when I went I to Best Buy last year, the Urbane was on sale, so I snatched it up.

I've always like the LG Urbane. I like the 2nd edition as well. Just can't find a reason to get one at the moment.

I haven't worn a watch for some time now, partly due to my issues with my neck (I typically wear a watch on my left arm) as it gives me a weird pain eventually on my wrist.

I don't know if I can handle wearing one on my right arm.

Then there's just simply the desire or need.

meattray

Surface Pro 4 Champion
Feb 15, 2017
Visit site

Yeah it's another interesting device. I actually just ordered an Echo the other day (can't get in Canada so had to order through another person) so I'll see what it's like. It's likely another device I don't really need but there's a few features I think will be neat.

I think they're going to have a hard time breaking into a market already well established with the Amazon Echo and Google Home. Hopefully they can make it work though.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

I'll have to see it to believe it. Unless it is better or equal to Alexa, I don't see it lasting long.
Unless it's vastly better than Alexa. Google Home just crushed Alexa in a side by side 50+ question test by someone in the UK.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Unless it's vastly better than Alexa. Google Home just crushed Alexa in a side by side 50+ question test by someone in the UK.

That's what I was wondering. People keep comparing it to Alexa like it's something special but I was wondering about Google Home. I personally wouldn't go near Alexa.

I know all these devices are doing is data mining and figuring out your 'habits' in a bid to advertise to you more.

So I'm not keen on any of them personally.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Wow, that's very interesting.

To me, Alexa has power in being able to order things from Amazon. Google Home is cool but not really my personal cup of tea. My favorite thing about it is being able to change the color of the base though.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Wow, that's very interesting.

To me, Alexa has power in being able to order things from Amazon. Google Home is cool but not really my personal cup of tea. My favorite thing about it is being able to change the color of the base though.

My biggest issue with Alexa is the fact that they want you to use it to order things from Amazon... :p

meattray

Surface Pro 4 Champion
Feb 15, 2017
Visit site

Oh yeah, I'd never do any ordering on any of them. It will strictly be used mainly as a Bluetooth speaker, a timer in the kitchen, maybe a weather checker and some small things like that. Control my Nest thermostat and lights I guess..

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Oh yeah, I'd never do any ordering on any of them. It will strictly be used mainly as a Bluetooth speaker, a timer in the kitchen, maybe a weather checker and some small things like that. Control my Nest thermostat and lights I guess..

Yeah I love those use ideas. It seems like Alexa supports more users over Google Home (if I'm not mistaken).

One of my friends has an Echo and he demonstrated it dimming or turning off his lights for us.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

So a few updates.
Thursday, I did manage to sneak out with the kid to Six Flags. Took a couple hours off work. We had a blast. Got some work calls done while in the park so no issues for not being present physically at "work". Went and had dinner at the local In N Out.

Saturday/ Sunday- did some cooking, which I hadn't done in quite a while. It was fun.

Tomorrow through Friday, I am off to Minneapolis.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

My biggest issue with Alexa is the fact that they want you to use it to order things from Amazon... :p

I think it was primarily designed for that. The rest of the stuff Alexa can do is just side gravy. Amazon is only interested in selling you stuff on any one of Amazon's platforms/channels.

meattray

Surface Pro 4 Champion
Feb 15, 2017
Visit site

Yeah I love those use ideas. It seems like Alexa supports more users over Google Home (if I'm not mistaken).

One of my friends has an Echo and he demonstrated it dimming or turning off his lights for us.

Yeah they're probably gimmicky in some regards but it's just a neat little toy to play with sometimes.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

So a few updates.
Thursday, I did manage to sneak out with the kid to Six Flags. Took a couple hours off work. We had a blast. Got some work calls done while in the park so no issues for not being present physically at "work". Went and had dinner at the local In N Out.

Saturday/ Sunday- did some cooking, which I hadn't done in quite a while. It was fun.

Tomorrow through Friday, I am off to Minneapolis.

Wow, sounds like you had a busy, but good weekend. That's awesome. Also sounds like you have a busy week ahead. Good luck with the work trip.

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site

I love my Google Home. I realize that I'm being spied upon by Google's data driven eyes, but I use it all the time for shopping lists, weather, streaming music, etc. It quickly became a go-to device for me because I always forget to do my "honey do" lists. Now, my wife just tells Google to add it to my list. :D

meattray

Surface Pro 4 Champion
Feb 15, 2017
Visit site

I love my Google Home. I realize that I'm being spied upon by Google's data driven eyes, but I use it all the time for shopping lists, weather, streaming music, etc. It quickly became a go-to device for me because I always forget to do my "honey do" lists. Now, my wife just tells Google to add it to my list. :D

Yeah I kind of wanted the Google home but they're not easy to come by up here so settled with Alexa.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

The difference in my iPhone SE and the Pixel radios is very noticeable at work. I think I'm officially spoiled. Glad that the replacement Pixel is just ready for me to go home and set it up.

That and somehow I cracked my screen protector on the SE yesterday somehow. :/ Glad it's the screen protector and not the screen itself but wow it looks so ugly. It's not across the screen or anything but part of the crack shows on the screen.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster