WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

meattray

Surface Pro 4 Champion
Feb 15, 2017
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

My wife and I will be traveling to Seattle next month for a long weekend. Anybody have any good suggestions on what to do and/or where to eat? Thanks.

I'm jealous. I've always wanted to go to Seattle ever since Ken Griffey Jr was roaming the outfield. Always looked like a beautiful city. Sorry I can't help you out but enjoy!

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site

My wife and I will be traveling to Seattle next month for a long weekend. Anybody have any good suggestions on what to do and/or where to eat? Thanks.

I'm a little too far South East to give advice on What to do/or where to eat in Seattle, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn once. You could check out the $150 coffee cup that is sold by that Seattle coffee company everyone loves to hate! The mug is actually kind of neat, but yeah, it's probably available at any one of their thousands of stores across the US. It is rechargeable and keeps your coffee at a set temperature for up to 2 hrs on a charge. A little to pricey for me... I'll just stick with my Yeti.

In other news... Wife sent a text that the replacement camera for my 950 came in early, so I'm crossing my fingers that the repair goes without a hitch. With any luck, I'll be posting a picture from the new camera later tonight!

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site

And... The new camera seems to be working! Much easier than it looked on the video... Although I cheated and reused the screws 😱

VdRECu5.jpg

Sent from mTalk

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site

Glad to hear it that it is working. \o/ Whoa at the fact that you did it though!

Even did it while a 3 month old was screaming her head off :/

Although this wasn't my first phone dissection. I had previously swapped radios on a Palm Pre + and a Pre 2... converted both from ATT to Sprint. As long as there is no soldering involved, I'm usually OK with electronic repairs. Think it's in my DNA... My dad used to repair TVs on the side, in his free time, back in the 70's. And the TV we had in the living room was a kit TV he mounted in the wall on a sliding drawer so it could be fixed as needed.

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site

I'll do that, worldspy99. Thanks.
And your DC recs were excellent. I have tons of food pics, but haven't had time to post them yet.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

I'll do that, worldspy99. Thanks.
And your DC recs were excellent. I have tons of food pics, but haven't had time to post them yet.
I'm glad I was able to help. Just got done with dinner at an excellent place in Hudson, WI. Headed back to the hotel in Minneapolis.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Glad to hear it! So I'm guessing the headset worked out okay? Are you looking forward to the Creator's Update on the XL?
The headset is good. I need some silicone tips on it to improve the fit as it is the on-the-ear style (think Apple Earpods).

Should I be excited about the Creator's update? I see T-Mobile pulled a Lumia 810 and EOL'ed the Idol 4S WP10 model.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

The headset is good. I need some silicone tips on it to improve the fit as it is the on-the-ear style (think Apple Earpods).

Should I be excited about the Creator's update? I see T-Mobile pulled a Lumia 810 and EOL'ed the Idol 4S WP10 model.

Ohh okay, I see. Glad to hear that the headset is good.

Performance should improve and you can reset apps without having to uninstall and reinstall the app. There's something else I can't recall at the moment.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Ohh okay, I see. Glad to hear that the headset is good.

Performance should improve and you can reset apps without having to uninstall and reinstall the app. There's something else I can't recall at the moment.
In other words, nothing to write home about. Lol.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

You know, the one thing I like about using this beta weekly ROM is that I get...Weekly updates. Pretty solid deal. Would I like 7.0? Sure...But I'm not rushing for it.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

In other words, nothing to write home about. Lol.

Lol I guess not but I'm always down for improved performance and actually being faster because it felt a little slow to me.

Oh! I remembered the other thing. You will be able to uninstall some system apps if you don't use them, like Groove. I'm super excited for that.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Lol I guess not but I'm always down for improved performance and actually being faster because it felt a little slow to me.

Oh! I remembered the other thing. You will be able to uninstall some system apps if you don't use them, like Groove. I'm super excited for that.
Can I uninstall the OS if I don't want it too?

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

If there's one trait I wear well for my sun sign, it's my indecisiveness.

Not sure if I want to go down the roommate rabbit hole and have more general space or really have my own but have it be small for my place (since that's what I'm working with for a bit until I get into school, finish and then get another job at another place). Everyone has warned me of the dangers of having a friend as your roommate but I don't know how it would go with a new, random person since I'm a quiet person generally.

I did the "trading" of Pixels and it was a lot of hassle. Debating if it was worth it. I feel like it is because the black front bugged me. It's ridiculous that the Pixel always seems to be out of stock in at least one size and/or color. I still wish that there were more smaller phone options.

Edit: Either way, at the moment, I feel phone fatigue for myself anyway.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb