WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Water tower at original King Koil mattress factory in Minneapolis.
We had an Escape room activity at Puzzleworks. Had a great time.

fabba473ef3571763b6a3fa96019a75f.jpg

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

That's what the manual for the speakers recommended.
I'm not going to go against their recommendations regardless how wrong I think it is... The claim of better sound... Sigh...

I work with cable calculations as part of my job. Though the lengths, power and voltages I deal with are quite different the calculations are the same.

At the end of the day. You're attaching a cable from a source (amplifier) to a load (speaker). That's the basis of electricity in its most basics of forms.

Cable specification should always be based on the source output type to the load and length of cable.

Now I know the average consumer wouldn't know this but it sort of irritates me that a speaker manufacturer doesn't or prefers not to give proper recommendations. They should have a table in the manual. That would be more correct.

Anyway, end of rant... 😄

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Hey Rue, since you plan to escape to France...Have you been watching the French elections? I'm heading stuffs that the top female candidate is being called a "Trump lite". Well, if she gets elected and you're going to move, might as well come to 'Murica and get the full Donald experience... Especially since you have a taste for the debonair...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Today was a nice touch at the internship, where the staff had a lunch for us interns as a thank you and I got a signed card. I really appreciated that.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

As much as this isn't the Pixel with the very latest update, I must say that every Thursday since owning the Mi Note 2, I've gotten beta ROM updates. It's s nice feeling.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

As much as this isn't the Pixel with the very latest update, I must say that every Thursday since owning the Mi Note 2, I've gotten beta ROM updates. It's s nice feeling.

Nice. Sounds like you made a great choice in getting this phone! I saw a review for it on Android Central today and thought of the fact that you have it. I just haven't read it yet.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Nice. Sounds like you made a great choice in getting this phone! I saw a review for it on Android Central today and thought of the fact that you have it. I just haven't read it yet.
It was more of a summary and I commented on it.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Hey Rue, since you plan to escape to France...Have you been watching the French elections? I'm heading stuffs that the top female candidate is being called a "Trump lite". Well, if she gets elected and you're going to move, might as well come to 'Murica and get the full Donald experience... Especially since you have a taste for the debonair...

I don't think 'Trump Lite' is the right term for her. Deceptive is maybe a better term...

She took over her father's party known as the Font Nationale which is (was?) an extreme right political party. Heavily racists, anti immigration, highly nationalistic, etc...

Unlike her father though she's tried to shed that image a bit (except for the nationalistic part and lighter on immigration). She doesn't even use her last name on voting posters. Unlike Thump, she actually knows how to speak and make sentences...

Due to the party's history the banks in the country refused them loans so the party is being funding by international interest. i.e: Russia and USA investors. If you don't already know, both the US (far right -Thump) and Russia hate the EU and want a divided Europe. Easier to manipulate smaller countries...

Anyway, on to her chances of becoming president. I won't say it's impossible but you need to understand the voting system, which different than what I'm used to and what the US has.

It's a two round system, generally. The only way for her to become president is to hit 60% during the first round of voting. This is unlikely to happen but never say never... currently she's at 40% and depending on how she did during the debate last night she's either higher or lower. than that.

It's likely she will make it past the first round. However, it's unlikely she'll do well in the second round. It's believed that the voters will go with the other candidate rather than her but you never know...

I'm watching things. It's not always easy to do from the UK as our news is to put it bluntly, ****. Considering how much goes on in the EU, the UK media does a **** poor job of reporting anything, unless it's a terrorist attack or shooting.

Last edited:

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I don't think 'Trump Lite' is the right term for her. Deceptive is maybe a better term...

She took over her father's party known as the Font Nationale which is (was?) an extreme right political party. Heavily racists, anti immigration, highly nationalistic, etc...

Unlike her father though she's tried to shed that image a bit (except for the nationalistic part and lighter on immigration). She doesn't even use her last name on voting posters. Unlike Thump, she actually knows how to speak and make sentences...

Due to the party's history the banks in the country refused them loans so the party is being funding by international interest. i.e: Russia and USA investors. If you don't already know, both the US (far right -Thump) and Russia hate the EU and want a divided Europe. Easier to manipulate smaller countries...

Anyway, on to her chances of becoming president. I won't say it's impossible but you need to understand the voting system, which different than what I'm used to and what the US has.

It's a two round system, generally. The only way for her to become president is to hit 60% during the first round of voting. This is unlikely to happen but never say never... currently she's at 40% and depending on how she did during the debate last night she's either higher or lower. than that.

It's likely she will make it past the first round. However, it's unlikely she'll do well in the second round. It's believed that the voters will go with the other candidate rather than her but you never know...

I'm watching things. It's not always easy to do from the UK as our news is to put it bluntly, ****. Considering how much goes on in the EU, the UK media does a **** poor job of reporting anything, unless it's a terrorist attack or shooting.

Yeah, I'd seen most of this recently.

Maybe my vantage point is different, but it would appear she's got more in common with Trump and a stronger chance of getting the job than many people are giving her credit. Putting one pig in a dress and another in a suit doesn't change the fact they're both pigs. Trump is actually quite deceptive too, for example...

Maybe I'm being paranoid, but I see a very disturbing potential policy from these first world countries where the threat of extremist views may cause voters to trade off common sense for security...

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Yeah, I'd seen most of this recently.

Maybe my vantage point is different, but it would appear she's got more in common with Trump and a stronger chance of getting the job than many people are giving her credit. Putting one pig in a dress and another in a suit doesn't change the fact they're both pigs. Trump is actually quite deceptive too, for example...

Maybe I'm being paranoid, but I see a very disturbing potential policy from these first world countries where the threat of extremist views may cause voters to trade off common sense for security...

To me Trump is more extreme capitalist bordering on dictator. He believes the government should be run like a business and he's it's CEO. Which is rather scary in a way. Especially if it's one of his... I know he's full of it and has deceived his loving supporters but going by what I've seen of his supporters I'm not overly surprised, sadly. He's out to take credit for anything good that comes along and avoid being called out for anything bad. He's out to manipulate everything.

As for Le Pen... she's a populist using the similar rhetoric that Trump has used. However, she's not afraid to hid her alliances like Trump has. She's pro Russian. Pro Brexit. Pro USA. Anti EU. She's been straight about all that.

Unfortunately because she's a good speaker and can hide behind a pretty smile she deceives everyone into believing she's not like her father. However, a lot of her other party officials are still towing the original FN party lines. That's what makes all this the more scary. People who just see her and hear her don't know that a lot of what she says is in contradiction to what others in her party think.

Not to mention she's said very little about any policies other than stopping all immigration and putting EU membership to a vote. She'll make a mess of France and the EU if she gets in. Which is what a lot of power hungry people want.

Nationalism is a scary thing and a lot of people put their personal identity with it. That's how this division is happening. It also hasn't helped that there's been little to prove that strategies put in place since 2008 have proved successful. Long term austerity doesn't work. Seeing rich get richer just adds salt in the wounds.

So anti globalisation movements. Anti immigration. Nostalgia of how things were. All this being fuelled not really by hate by a sense of losing something.

From what I've read is that French voters are typically predictable, liking the safe bet, but things may be different this time. We don't know.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb