WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

I found an iPhone 7 with a battery case and such in nice condition from someone with excellent ratings so this is happening. I would have went for another color but it's alright.

I'm so glad that this is my only vice and that I don't really buy things otherwise or else it will suck for me.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

It's a very windy blustery day outside. Allergy season is in full swing, the super bloom isn't helping things either.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Well, the long time regulars around here know I used to like Sony a lot more...at one point I had the tablet + phone + Smartband + watch made by Sony. I just got tired of their iterative approach and they never got the camera to a level I liked. It's kinda like HTC...I know if I buy HTC right now, it has to be the 10 because of the headphone jack and the DAC built-in. Nothing else would grab me. And Moto lost me from the time Lenovo bought them.

The plus is in the market there are lots of good options. the hard part is deciding what is the best for you. It's why I'm glad with the XL and the Mi Note 2 - they fit what I want.

When you had the tablet+phone+Smartband+watch, you were probably 5% of Sony's revenue in North America. That you are a Sony fan is an understatement. I know how much trouble your Sony gadgets caused me...

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

I really want to know what you'll say. I don't mind iOS, in fact I sometimes consider the idea of just using an iOS device. I get the limitations but aside from the customization, it doesn't really bother me.

I can't stand iOS because there are a very few simple things I would like to do that Apple just flat out refuses to let me do ergo I steer clear of their idevices.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

I really want to know what you'll say. I don't mind iOS, in fact I sometimes consider the idea of just using an iOS device. I get the limitations but aside from the customization, it doesn't really bother me.

I can't stand iOS because there are a very few simple things I would like to do that Apple just flat out refuses to let me do ergo I steer clear of their idevices.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

I agree. Lack of a file manager is the biggest deal breaker for me. I also don't want to buy dongles I know I'd lose in order to use headphones.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

I agree. Lack of a file manager is the biggest deal breaker for me. I also don't want to buy dongles I know I'd lose in order to use headphones.

That's understandable. Yeah the dongle thing is going to be interesting. I never really use headphones anyway though. I considered the 6s but the connectivity is not as good as the Pixel is and that is the true reason why it's hard for me to go back to the SE after using a Pixel.

If my workplace was better, it would be fine but it's not. It's kind of like tasting raw honey but then going back to the honey with added sugars. Not terrible but a noticeable difference in taste.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Wait, so all of the times you had one, they were essentially for trade only and/or testing?

I can understand that as well.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

That's understandable. Yeah the dongle thing is going to be interesting. I never really use headphones anyway though. I considered the 6s but the connectivity is not as good as the Pixel is and that is the true reason why it's hard for me to go back to the SE after using a Pixel.

If my workplace was better, it would be fine but it's not. It's kind of like tasting raw honey but then going back to the honey with added sugars. Not terrible but a noticeable difference in taste.
I always use wired headphones and don't like Bluetooth, so dongles would be a major PITA to me.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Wait, so all of the times you had one, they were essentially for trade only and/or testing?

I can understand that as well.
Well that's partially true. I do have an iPhone 7, iPad 2, iPad Air 2 and maybe getting the new iPad or another iPad Air 2. Those devices are used by other family members who are willing to put up with iOS idiosyncrasies.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Well that's partially true. I do have an iPhone 7, iPad 2, iPad Air 2 and maybe getting the new iPad or another iPad Air 2. Those devices are used by other family members who are willing to put up with iOS idiosyncrasies.

Ah okay, I see.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Keyboard is garbage. You can make changes but default one still rears it's ugly head now and then.

Notifications are handled poorly.

Can't get the layout of the pages to my satisfaction.

Siri doesn't understand me 90% of the time.

Lastly, other phones now have better cameras!

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Keyboard is garbage. You can make changes but default one still rears it's ugly head now and then.

Notifications are handled poorly.

Can't get the layout of the pages to my satisfaction.

Siri doesn't understand me 90% of the time.

Lastly, other phones now have better cameras!

I agree about the keyboard. I totally forgot about the big annoyance of iOS 10 notifications. I'll see how I deal with them.

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

Y'all just need to use iOS and the keyboard for a while for it to learn your typing habits. I've found it to be the best I've ever used.
Notifications? I've never had any issues. Don't have any issues with anything really. It basically becomes transparent and I find myself getting things done...

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

And after the week I've had, and this hot 90 plus degree (F) day. This drink was in order:
65929fc77465db23087ce6ce1a419710.jpg

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Y'all just need to use iOS and the keyboard for a while for it to learn your typing habits. I've found it to be the best I've ever used.
Notifications? I've never had any issues. Don't have any issues with anything really. It basically becomes transparent and I find myself getting things done...
I've tried since 2011, we just have to agree to disagree. It takes way too many taps and pokes to accomplish tasks that are done faster with WM and Android.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

I believe that about the keyboard, maybe I'll try it this time lol.

What you have going sounds good to me. I appreciate not having to think much and just use a phone. I'm not saying that other phones don't allow that but I have personally experienced that using iOS.

I overthink and I'll love to have one less thing to do this with.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs