WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

I forgot how slow iPhones charge. The battery case is super dead so I'm waiting on that lol.
You need to use an iPad charger to charge it faster. Of course that's how the fruit stand does business. You always need to buy another fruit on top of what you already bought 😂😂😂

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

So I finally had a day off today. Got totally excited when I checked my email and saw that I finally received my closed BETA invite key for Quake Champions from Bethesda... Hurried and redeemed the key and began the download. Then, as the download was about halfway done, I noticed the other info on the page... the closed BETA ended yesterday! :(

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

So I finally had a day off today. Got totally excited when I checked my email and saw that I finally received my closed BETA invite key for Quake Champions from Bethesda... Hurried and redeemed the key and began the download. Then, as the download was about halfway done, I noticed the other info on the page... the closed BETA ended yesterday! :(

Aww I'm sorry :( That's a bummer.

Last edited:

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

You need to use an iPad charger to charge it faster. Of course that's how the fruit stand does business. You always need to buy another fruit on top of what you already bought

Lol! I believe that. I'll see how this goes for me. I feel like it's been hours to charge the phone and then the case.

It just didn't seem as long with the SE. On a related note, the battery case is kind of heavy. Going to gain a muscle shortly but if it's going to bring great results, I'll deal.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

😞 I'm sorry you missed the beta.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I'm looking forward to test driving the Moto 360 42mm. I would have liked the 46mm with the etching, but even Moto themselves you cannot use Moto maker
because they're not selling a 2 year old device. I really enjoyed the OG 360.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Now, I did take a look at some Android Wear watches. The style in person looks good awfully boring and unassuming. I think I saw the titanium one which disappointed me even more. Still, at the right price ($130) of course I'd be open to it.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

I'm looking forward to test driving the Moto 360 42mm. I would have liked the 46mm with the etching, but even Moto themselves you cannot use Moto maker
because they're not selling a 2 year old device. I really enjoyed the OG 360.

Ooh I hope it comes soon for you!

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Aside from the obvious weight of the battery case, the iPhone 7 isn't bad so far. The Pixel is a little better in my not serious low light camera tests but the iPhone is far from bad. Way better than the X Performance was.

Notifications are silly that they are separate for apps, but at least texts are eventually bundled. I keep trying to swipe to unlock and only getting the camera. I have a love/hate thing with Force Touch.

The WiFi holds on for a bit longer at work but still disconnects (not as much though?). I wonder if this is Apple's fault. The Pixel doesn't disconnect at all.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Aside from the obvious weight of the battery case, the iPhone 7 isn't bad so far. The Pixel is a little better in my not serious low light camera tests but the iPhone is far from bad. Way better than the X Performance was.

Notifications are silly that they are separate for apps, but at least texts are eventually bundled. I keep trying to swipe to unlock and only getting the camera. I have a love/hate thing with Force Touch.

The WiFi holds on for a bit longer at work but still disconnects (not as much though?). I wonder if this is Apple's fault. The Pixel doesn't disconnect at all.
I have both devices that you have and camera wise there is no contest. The Pixel delivers slightly better results every single time.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

I have both devices that you have and camera wise there is no contest. The Pixel delivers slightly better results every single time.

You were so right about that! I'm glad that it isn't bad though, I could deal with it but I see why you prefer the Pixel's camera over the iPhone.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

As much as I like to give 99 some grief, he's got the engineer's eye and is usually dead on here.

I just don't value iPhone cameras anymore. There are quite a few Android choices that are better and the 950 is still equal in lots of scenarios.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

I think I jinxed myself.

I tried a download and it didn't really stutter BUT then I did another download and it was slower. It seems like sometimes it is fast and other times, it isn't. What is the deal with iPhones?! How do you have the same radios and yet there's still variance?

I tried it again and it seemed faster on LTE but slow on weak work WiFi.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

I think I jinxed myself.

I tried a download and it didn't really stutter BUT then I did another download and it was slower. It seems like sometimes it is fast and other times, it isn't. What is the deal with iPhones?! How do you have the same radios and yet there's still variance?

I tried it again and it seemed faster on LTE but slow on weak work WiFi.

Is your model with the Intel modem instead of Qualcomm?
I have had that issue happen with iPhones before.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

The feeling of being completely unemployed - no school, no work. But that will change soon enough.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077