WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

So I busted my multifunction switch in the Chrysler. This switch, made in 1978-79, is kinda rare with the combination of options my car has. (Tilt, turn signals, high beams, intermittent wipers, AND cruise control) all in the same one switch... well I found that sucker! On eBay! Woot!

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

So I busted my multifunction switch in the Chrysler. This switch, made in 1978-79, is kinda rare with the combination of options my car has. (Tilt, turn signals, high beams, intermittent wipers, AND cruise control) all in the same one switch... well I found that sucker! On eBay! Woot!

Sweet! That's awesome. Congrats on finding it!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I never thought that I would say it, but I miss the screen estate (and improved connectivity) of the Pixel but the X Compact would be a perfect middle ground, when it comes to screen size and the size of the phone.

If I was one to carry two phones at once, I would just use the Pixel not as a phone but for camera and media consumption but carrying two would confuse me.
If you carried around two phones like that it just means more buff to stuff in those jeans...not that the boys would complain, I'm sure...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I never thought that I would say it, but I miss the screen estate (and improved connectivity) of the Pixel but the X Compact would be a perfect middle ground, when it comes to screen size and the size of the phone.

If I was one to carry two phones at once, I would just use the Pixel not as a phone but for camera and media consumption but carrying two would confuse me.
Jokes aside, to carried around two devices like that at one point. I still do sometimes in the form of a phone and a tablet. In fact, I see some people walking around with two iPhones for example both of varying sizes really boils down to what your comfort level is.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

If you carried around two phones like that it just means more buff to stuff in those jeans...not that the boys would complain, I'm sure...

Haha it would be really confusing to me though and I would forget one all the time.

Kind of funny story related to that happened recently. I took the SE to work on Friday and left it in my purse after testing how it compares to the Pixel when connecting to wifi at work. I got my hair done on Saturday and I forgot that the SE was still there until I opened my purse to put the Pixel in.

I laughed at myself (not out loud) and quickly put the SE in my pocket and the Pixel in my purse. I was still kind of confused when I would reach for my phone while there.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Jokes aside, to carried around two devices like that at one point. I still do sometimes in the form of a phone and a tablet. In fact, I see some people walking around with two iPhones for example both of varying sizes really boils down to what your comfort level is.

I can get a phone and tablet though because those are clearly different sizes.

I don't think I can get behind doing that with more than one phone though. I understand why people do it, but not my cup of tea.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Haha it would be really confusing to me though and I would forget one all the time.

Kind of funny story related to that happened recently. I took the SE to work on Friday and left it in my purse after testing how it compares to the Pixel when connecting to wifi at work. I got my hair done on Saturday and I forgot that the SE was still there until I opened my purse to put the Pixel in.

I laughed at myself (not out loud) and quickly put the SE in my pocket and the Pixel in my purse. I was still kind of confused when I would reach for my phone while there.
The boys would help you keep track, trust me...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I can get a phone and tablet though because those are clearly different sizes.

I don't think I can get behind doing that with more than one phone though. I understand why people do it, but not my cup of tea.
I've seen people with a 4" and 5.5" iPhone for example. I've seen some jobs offer the 4" iPhone as work devices. It does take practice though to carry around two phones.

roxetak

Nov 18, 2016
Visit site

I allways use two smartphones. I was use two phones, one with personal number, one with work number. I used to.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Watching an Android Central video on the cracked S8+. I see them talking about not using tempered glass screen protectors because of the curved of the screen. Meanwhile I'm typing on a Mi Note 2 that has a curved screen and I'm using an edge to edge fully covered tempered glass screen protector..

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site

a8cab1fe306079c362432664b39a7afa.jpg

Right now, I'm sitting outside of Building 26 at the Microsoft campus. I'm about to go in search of someone using a Windows Phone. 😁😁

Update:. No WPs, yet. I did just spot a Surface Book, however.

Last edited:

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site

Actually found a few WPs floating around here. Kinda cool. The person taking us on our tour works in the Windows Devices Group. 😁 I asked him about a Surface Phone. No comment. Ha ha

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Watching an Android Central video on the cracked S8+. I see them talking about not using tempered glass screen protectors because of the curved of the screen. Meanwhile I'm typing on a Mi Note 2 that has a curved screen and I'm using an edge to edge fully covered tempered glass screen protector..

Yeah I feel bad for the guy. That crack is so bad. You chose well since you were able to get one that does the job.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6