WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

meattray

Surface Pro 4 Champion
Feb 15, 2017
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

I carry two phones a lot of times but I should clarify on that - it's usually throughout the work day that I have two phones because I'll usually have a suit pocket or jacket or something to carry the phones in as opposed to my pants. When I go out on personal time I'll usually just carry whichever phone I choose that night as I don't need both. Generally when I'm out and about I'm not on my device a lot so I don't need a phone with apps or anything so it doesn't matter which one I have.

meattray

Surface Pro 4 Champion
Feb 15, 2017
Visit site

Actually found a few WPs floating around here. Kinda cool. The person taking us on our tour works in the Windows Devices Group. ?????? I asked him about a Surface Phone. No comment. Ha ha

That's pretty funny. I've often wondered what it's like for people that work in these departments etc to be stuck with one type of device. I wonder if they really enjoy the OS or devices or if it's "just a job" or how that works for them.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

That awkward moment when someone cross posts a promo for a watch that doesn't even have an app on this platform. Kind of surprised actually since they usually do a better job deciding not to post here.

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site

That's pretty funny. I've often wondered what it's like for people that work in these departments etc to be stuck with one type of device. I wonder if they really enjoy the OS or devices or if it's "just a job" or how that works for them.
The three people that I met using WPs, including our guide, all said the same thing: I love the user interface. It's the lack of apps that hurts.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

The three people that I met using WPs, including our guide, all said the same thing: I love the user interface. It's the lack of apps that hurts.
That summarizes it really well. Sadly really...but history is littered with great ideas that we're poorly executed or flat out rejected for different reasons by their target demographic.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

That awkward moment when someone cross posts a promo for a watch that doesn't even have an app on this platform. Kind of surprised actually since they usually do a better job deciding not to post here.

I stand corrected. Well the more you know, right?

e96f690c0c9d3885843633b3b212f1c9.jpg

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

That summarizes it really well. Sadly really...but history is littered with great ideas that we're poorly executed or flat out rejected for different reasons by their target demographic.

webOS anyone? I never get tired of saying this.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

I can't win, but I still really want to try to win or at least come close to it.

Day one with the SE was okay, but downloading anything and everything at work is the struggle. I'm wondering how I did this the first time around. I know, I sound like a diva but it is hard going back to slower and having to take pictures of stuff with my phone so that I can download it later with better WiFi.

I don't know what to do with myself. Almost debating the idea of two phones just to get through the work day.

meattray

Surface Pro 4 Champion
Feb 15, 2017
Visit site

I can't win, but I still really want to try to win or at least come close to it.

Day one with the SE was okay, but downloading anything and everything at work is the struggle. I'm wondering how I did this the first time around. I know, I sound like a diva but it is hard going back to slower and having to take pictures of stuff with my phone so that I can download it later with better WiFi.

I don't know what to do with myself. Almost debating the idea of two phones just to get through the work day.

Join the dark side. Do it.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Join the dark side. Do it.

Haha, we'll see. I'm going to try my Lumia 650 tomorrow (not as a phone but on WiFi) and see how that goes maybe. Work is the only place where this is SO annoying, but hey, I'm there for 45 hours a week so in my mind, maybe it's justified.

Debating it all though.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Haha, we'll see. I'm going to try my Lumia 650 tomorrow (not as a phone but on WiFi) and see how that goes maybe. Work is the only place where this is SO annoying, but hey, I'm there for 45 hours a week so in my mind, maybe it's justified.

Debating it all though.
How do you use the phone at work? Do you make calls and text people then?

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

How do you use the phone at work? Do you make calls and text people then?
Nope, I would just use it for media over work WiFi and see how that goes. Most phones, iPhone included in my case connect and disconnect from it, regardless of a sim.

Any of the phones I have used or use are fine with calls (aside from the Pixel) and texts. MMS is usually okay too but is a pain. Anything with data is a pain essentially because both data and WiFi can be weak at work.

The Pixel was a champ though so media was no problem with it. Heck, even downloading apps at work was no problem.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

At the same time, I can easily get lost into this word game I found on iOS haha. I'll try that out and see how it goes. I'm curious.

Trying to talk my mind out of the possibility of also getting an X Compact (yes again possibly lol) but not using it for the camera. Before/if I cave, one device has to go first though.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Which one? I play Alphabear on Android devices.

It's some random word search game called Word Search Pro by World Puzzle Games. I have no idea how people find nice games on iOS and Android because so many choices makes it overwhelming for me.

I found that from those lists sharing free apps for a limited time.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077