WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

(Ramble post, feel free to skip...lol)
I bought 2 phones again to work today. I changed my original SE for the Pixel, so I only have the cricket SE.

The difference between speeds is nuts, I never realized how much radios in a phone can make a difference. The speeds on T-Mo for the Pixel are excellent at work. You can't even tell that the signal isn't great. I forgot to try the cricket one in one place I'm in very often but I plan to do that soon, this past weekend has been very busy for me. I have a lot of catching up to do around these parts.

Anyway back to the phones, my observations are the following:

-The Pixel's radios can basically mask any coverage that is weak.
-If I really want to use the SE as a phone, cricket would be the better carrier for me at work.
-If I decide to use the SE on T-Mo, it will be a struggle at work and I have the speed tests to prove it.

I don't need to decide anything now, but I'm going to continue with this to see how it plays out, at least until the end of the cycle. I just have to remind myself to use it...lol
I'm pretty sure the Pixel already sports T-Mobile 's Band 66 which is supposed to be the cat's meow. I know the LG V20 has it which is why I'm also considering it over the KEYone, but the Priv is making things difficult. Got all my contacts through with pictures from FB and LinkedIn with zero problems using the Hub instead of the Accounts settings. No SyncME or any other apps. I haven't been able to do that since WP8.1. Sure enough, LinkedIn contact integration was broken on W10M. Figures that MS would break something from a company they bought. Doh!!

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

I'm pretty sure the Pixel already sports T-Mobile 's Band 66 which is supposed to be the cat's meow. I know the LG V20 has it which is why I'm also considering it over the KEYone, but the Priv is making things difficult. Got all my contacts through with pictures from FB and LinkedIn with zero problems using the Hub instead of the Accounts settings. No SyncME or any other apps. I haven't been able to do that since WP8.1. Sure enough, LinkedIn contact integration was broken on W10M. Figures that MS would break something from a company they bought. Doh!!

Hmm, I haven't thought about that Band being the reason. That makes things very interesting.

That sounds like you have a hard choice to make. I wonder if the KEYone's radio could surprise you though. Oh wow, that's a shame that it is broken on W10M. :/ Contacts are extremely important so I get your point on this.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Ah, it feels nice to have the Pixel back. To skin again or not to skin is what I'm debating now. I enjoyed the dBrand skin (had to take it off for uBreakiFix to fix my phone) but whoa it was hard to put on.

It was much easier on the SE.

Edit: Ooh I forgot that my dBrand back came with a middle back piece too. That was much easier to install and it will do \o/ Yay for not having to spend more money right now xd

Last edited:

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I regret updating my Huawei watch to 2.0. I'm doing more f'ing scrolling to find stuff than I did before. This is the one time I'm glad Lenovo is terrible with updates. I had an unread text message on my phone and there was no easy way to see what the message was and on the next screen it was showing me all the other read messages in the conversation.

I just don't get it. While there are under the hood improvements I like, I just don't get why Google went the direction they did with 2.0. and you wonder why Wear isn't selling.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

I regret updating my Huawei watch to 2.0. I'm doing more f'ing scrolling to find stuff than I did before. This is the one time I'm glad Lenovo is terrible with updates. I had an unread text message on my phone and there was no easy way to see what the message was and on the next screen it was showing me all the other read messages in the conversation.

I just don't get it. While there are under the hood improvements I like, I just don't get why Google went the direction they did with 2.0. and you wonder why Wear isn't selling.
I'm sorry to hear it's so cumbersome. 😞

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

Thanks. I got an Android Wear device not for it be another device to fiddle around with.
I picked up a Samsung Gear S2 because it was at a very attractive price but I was hesitant since I'm not at all familiar with Tizen. I'm glad I did because it feels much more refined than a Moto 360 I was playing around with while trying to decide. To be perfectly honest, I find it way more functional than an Apple Watch I bought not too long ago.

Gee, I can't for the life of me imagine why the ball and chain keeps giving me these dirty looks. Priv + Gear S2 and iPhone 6S Plus + Apple Watch. On the bright side, it's been months since my last PC-related purchase.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Ugh that sounds like such a pain. I'm sorry. :/ I recall how much you like that watch too.
The issue I have is the focus to push apps on it based on having connection to the internet separate from the phone. Not that such a move is a bad thing, but there are very few things you can do better on a smartwatch than on a phone.

I think a fitness focus would be welcomed. I also think streamlining the notification process is welcomed. I do think that strengthening the voice commands is a very good way to go, which I think they did to some degree with​ the assistant. But the issue is how the hardware is being built to take advantage of the software changes.

I don't want to be scrolling more than I had to. I loved the DND feature that also triggered silent mode on my phone (in wear 2.0, you have to turn the phone AND watch off on silent separately).

I still do some more testing, but so far, I'm not amused.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

The issue I have is the focus to push apps on it based on having connection to the internet separate from the phone. Not that such a move is a bad thing, but there are very few things you can do better on a smartwatch than on a phone.

I think a fitness focus would be welcomed. I also think streamlining the notification process is welcomed. I do think that strengthening the voice commands is a very good way to go, which I think they did to some degree with​ the assistant. But the issue is how the hardware is being built to take advantage of the software changes.

I don't want to be scrolling more than I had to. I loved the DND feature that also triggered silent mode on my phone (in wear 2.0, you have to turn the phone AND watch off on silent separately).

I still do some more testing, but so far, I'm not amused.

Ah okay, I wish you luck in your testing, and I hope that it looks up. It seems like it might not, but it would be nice if it does.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

The Pixel is doing it's hollow sim nonsense that it does sometimes but this time, it seems to be sticking. I don't get it, it worked here YESTERDAY and all of a sudden, it doesn't work today. It doesn't want me to use it.

As glad as I was to get this back, I don't know if I want to deal anymore. What's weird though is that I sent a text this morning and got a reply but then all of a sudden, no luck. I hope it clears up but I'm glad to have another phone in case I do have a need to make a call.

I don't even know if this is something that can be fixed since this is something that is also common with some other Pixel owners as well but it doesn't happen all the time. Regardless, I think I'm done. Going to go home on my lunch break and get my SE and put my sim back in since I am expecting a call and/or texts today. I just hope that I don't miss any. :straight:

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Damn the new Surface Pro is nice and with LTE. Awesomeness. I need to figure out how to get my hands on one!!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I know I haven't posted in some time so a real quick update. Nothing too exciting happening here.

1 - I've been reading the thread but not posting as I haven't got much to contribute.

2 - My residency application has been sent off. Currently without my passport so no travel for the time being.

3 - My car had a driver front spring go and blew my tyre to shreds in the process. Never heard a tyre go POP before. Thankfully I wasn't far from home (literally around the corner) car came to a grinding halt. I was able to move it off the road I was on thankfully. Was an unwelcome expense.

4 - Still saving for a house in France. Still trying to find more funds to make it happen quicker. No, robbing a bank is not an option.

5 - I obtained a new phone. I am now the proud owner of a Sony Xperia XZ. I know people are not big fans. Currently I haven't got much to say about it one way or the other as I just got it yesterday. It's blue. That's about it.

Not much else. Just the usual nonsense.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Lastly, for now anyway. This probably is my favourite image I've seen in some time.

FB_IMG_1495464621687.jpg

Last edited:

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Ah okay, I wish you luck in your testing, and I hope that it looks up. It seems like it might not, but it would be nice if it does.
Thanks, but it's not going to change much. My 360 is the daily driver, so I'll chill with the old software for a while.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadDaniel