WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Not really. I'd just use the XL for while until I got a G6 or a Key One.

Speaking of Windows, are you keeping the 950 now that you're selling the Pixel?

Ah okay. You're less impulsive than I am anyway xd

Yeah, I'm more so leaning that way. I didn't think it would take so long but I'll like to have at least one solid camera that is really good. I'm going to keep it after all.

I think I'm going to consider giving that extended battery a try.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Ah okay. You're less impulsive than I am anyway xd

Yeah, I'm more so leaning that way. I didn't think it would take so long but I'll like to have at least one solid camera that is really good. I'm going to keep it after all.

I think I'm going to consider giving that extended battery a try.
Unemployment is a great cure for impulsivity.

Employment status aside, if the Mi Note 2 handy come along when it did and in as feasible way as it did, I was fine with waiting for a price drop in the fall for either a G6 or a Key One (in that order of preference at the time).

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Unemployment is a great cure for impulsivity.

Employment status aside, if the Mi Note 2 handy come along when it did and in as feasible way as it did, I was fine with waiting for a price drop in the fall for either a G6 or a Key One (in that order of preference at the time).
Fair point.

Ooh okay, I see. That makes sense because there would have been one, for at least one of those phones.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Fair point.

Ooh okay, I see. That makes sense because there would have been one, for at least one of those phones.
Either one of those would be fine for me.

I had a few opportunities to get a Pixel and while it's a nice phone, it didn't impression me enough to want one. If I owned one, it would be the black 128GB model. The blue looks decent (wish it had a black front) and the silver is regular for my tastes. These days I need either large internal storage or microSD support.

meattray

Surface Pro 4 Champion
Feb 15, 2017
Visit site

I feel like I'm going to grab the KEYone once it's out but now I'm trying to decide if I want to switch carriers as well. Can get an unlimited data package for a great deal.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Either one of those would be fine for me.

I had a few opportunities to get a Pixel and while it's a nice phone, it didn't impression me enough to want one. If I owned one, it would be the black 128GB model. The blue looks decent (wish it had a black front) and the silver is regular for my tastes. These days I need either large internal storage or microSD support.

That's totally understandable. It is nice, I just hate that the experience is almost as varied as the Lumia 950 series is when it comes to issues

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

I feel like I'm going to grab the KEYone once it's out but now I'm trying to decide if I want to switch carriers as well. Can get an unlimited data package for a great deal.

Yeah that would be a solid buy for sure!

Hmm, as for switching carriers, that is a hard decision. I hope the coverage will be similar, if not better. I'm in that place right now (kind of) and I really want to be sure. I have another location to test though.

It would be cool if you can do some kind of test on the other carrier to see how that goes for you.

meattray

Surface Pro 4 Champion
Feb 15, 2017
Visit site

Don't blame you guys at all. it's something we've come to expect to work and shouldn't have these issues.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Lesson learned: shred stuff as you go along (relatively speaking)...never procrastinate.

I unfortunately procrastinated and have years worth of shredding to do in a few days. A fun time indeed.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Don't blame you guys at all. it's something we've come to expect to work and shouldn't have these issues.
It's tech, so **** happens. It's just no fun when that happens because these OEMs charge a ton of money for said contraptions...

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Lesson learned: shred stuff as you go along (relatively speaking)...never procrastinate.

I unfortunately procrastinated and have years worth of shredding to do in a few days. A fun time indeed.
Ahh I feel for you. I wish you luck, and also some breaks too in-between the batches of stuff.

And noted (the lesson I mean).

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

I updated the 950 to the most recent update and an app install got stuck at pending (on the app list, and not the store). I tried reinstalling the app, but that didn't work. It actually made two listings for said app. Since I know that will annoy me, I decided to go WDRT.

At least one update is the Creator's Update and the other is the CU from earlier this month. Two updates though takes a while. Why did I do this to myself again? lol

Meanwhile doing all of that, I cleaned out the Pixel. The Android break starts now.

I still can't get myself to turn on iMessage though. It's probably because I'm considering trying that extended battery pack on the 950 and see how battery life goes when using it as a phone.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I updated the 950 to the most recent update and an app install got stuck at pending (on the app list, and not the store). I tried reinstalling the app, but that didn't work. It actually made two listings for said app. Since I know that will annoy me, I decided to go WDRT.

At least one update is the Creator's Update and the other is the CU from earlier this month. Two updates though takes a while. Why did I do this to myself again? lol

Meanwhile doing all of that, I cleaned out the Pixel. The Android break starts now.

I still can't get myself to turn on iMessage though. It's probably because I'm considering trying that extended battery pack on the 950 and see how battery life goes when using it as a phone.
So do you have those connection issues with the 950?

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Lame battery life and no apps? Sounds like Windows 10 indeed.

LOL. The idea that it never makes it a day is sad to me.

Edge is a battery suck but it's necessary for me since I'm missing an app that I use everyday. Aside from that, I either have the apps I use or there's a solid workaround.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

LOL. The idea that it never makes it a day is sad to me.

Edge is a battery suck but it's necessary for me since I'm missing an app that I use everyday. Aside from that, I either have the apps I use or there's a solid workaround.
It needs to be tuned. I just think that Qualcomm in 2015 screwed MSFT, Sony and especially HTC with those chips - S808 & S810.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss