WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

So it's been a week since I have been doing this two phone thing to try out the other carrier. It isn't so bad but I think I can only manage because both phones are on the compact side. I'm finding that when it comes to signal strength, there are some quirky spots where only the cricket SE has reception. I don't go to some of these spots all the time but it's good to know that reception there exists...haha.

meattray

Surface Pro 4 Champion
Feb 15, 2017
Visit site

Bought an NES classic a little while ago. really took me back. We haven't had much time to play it but it was pretty fun.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Bought an NES classic a little while ago. really took me back. We haven't had much time to play it but it was pretty fun.

Nice! I thought about trying it out but then I look at my PSOne full of dust as a reminder that it isn't a great idea for me. I was just surprised that that is a book that was somehow on the New York Times bestseller list lol.

meattray

Surface Pro 4 Champion
Feb 15, 2017
Visit site

ha ha yeah it was never something that was going to be used a ton but it's kind of fun to go back to my childhood.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Here's another sample shot from the XZ. I'm having the issue where I smudge the lens.

I didn't fix the picture.
e64f2347184038df42767857fe6c6db3.jpg

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

So rue got a new Phone?
Yeah. I got the Sony Xperia XZ.

I'm still sorting out the camera. I need some inspiration though. Unfortunately the weather here has decided to go downhill and I'm busy at home.

I'm not really liking this case I have. It's almost like my finger slides into the camera lens. Then it's difficult to clean the lens. Sigh.

I'm glad I'm not flying anywhere this weekend. It's been hell for that!

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

It sucks when you have something you haven't had in a while and it just doesn't taste as satisfying as it once did. I'm not sure if it was because it was kind of cold or it just is what it is. Hopefully the former is true.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I'm glad I can use the holiday weekend to take a break from this chore of a shredding. It has been unbelievably exhausting. I think I'm up to about 60% completed.

I'll resume on Tuesday.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

It sucks when you have something you haven't had in a while and it just doesn't taste as satisfying as it once did. I'm not sure if it was because it was kind of cold or it just is what it is. Hopefully the former is true.
This could be applied to so many things, some suggestion might cause you to blush too...

Last edited:

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

I'm glad I can use the holiday weekend to take a break from this chore of a shredding. It has been unbelievably exhausting. I think I'm up to about 60% completed.

I'll resume on Tuesday.
You really do need the break! I think it'll help you out a lot.

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

Yeah. I got the Sony Xperia XZ.

I'm still sorting out the camera. I need some inspiration though. Unfortunately the weather here has decided to go downhill and I'm busy at home.

I'm not really liking this case I have. It's almost like my finger slides into the camera lens. Then it's difficult to clean the lens. Sigh.

I'm glad I'm not flying anywhere this weekend. It's been hell for that!
Nice, I got Huawei P10 on the test but it is about a week left until exam period so I don't have time for anything.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

One of the problems with being platform agnostic is getting s universal setup across platforms for what you want.

There is still something inherently useful with a universal setup. Apple fans know this well where stuff follows them more easily no matter what device they use. Same in many ways with Google and MSFT.

I think music is where this is most evident. Because of my own platform agnostic ways, I'm not going to have one universal setup for my music. Most likely it will be split between MSFT and Google for accessing offline music and Amazon for purchased music. The easiest thing would be to run everything through Groove music, but because I use Amazon for other purchases, makes sense to just get the music there too.

Hard to integrate 2 OSes and Amazon services into one neat setup. Which is why the HTC 11 is interesting as it'll have Alexa support as well.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

One of the problems with being platform agnostic is getting s universal setup across platforms for what you want.

There is still something inherently useful with a universal setup. Apple fans know this well where stuff follows them more easily no matter what device they use. Same in many ways with Google and MSFT.

I think music is where this is most evident. Because of my own platform agnostic ways, I'm not going to have one universal setup for my music. Most likely it will be split between MSFT and Google for accessing offline music and Amazon for purchased music. The easiest thing would be to run everything through Groove music, but because I use Amazon for other purchases, makes sense to just get the music there too.

Hard to integrate 2 OSes and Amazon services into one neat setup. Which is why the HTC 11 is interesting as it'll have Alexa support as well.
I still use the old school set up of preferring to transfer music and keeping it on me locally because I'm never really in places with good WiFi access. But at home, I want the freedom to either stream and or play local music.

On the one hand it can be cheaper to stream music if you just want to keep up with trends or don't care to own music. As for me, I'd rather own stuff and don't like the idea of being forced to get a streaming service (Pandora, Spotify, Amazon Prime, Groove).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb