WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

I'm having second thoughts on keeping two WPs. The size and feel of the 650 is excellent. Not as good as the SE but really solid. The 950 has an excellent camera though but the width makes it feel bigger. I would really like to go down to having three phones again though, but an Android phone should be in there too.

As for my other SE, I don't plan to have it in the long run.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

To try a new phone or to wait for what's to come is the question...

I'm paying 2 phone bills and I'll really like to take that down to one, since the 2 phone life isn't for me long term.

I don't care about the iPhone 8, Note 8, or really any other phones like that.

I need to figure out a reasonable compromise. The Pixel has really spoiled me with what it offers.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

To try a new phone or to wait for what's to come is the question...

I'm paying 2 phone bills and I'll really like to take that down to one, since the 2 phone life isn't for me long term.

I don't care about the iPhone 8, Note 8, or really any other phones like that.

I need to figure out a reasonable compromise. The Pixel has really spoiled me with what it offers.

KEYone girl, you know you want one. To thine own self be true.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I'm having second thoughts on keeping two WPs. The size and feel of the 650 is excellent. Not as good as the SE but really solid. The 950 has an excellent camera though but the width makes it feel bigger. I would really like to go down to having three phones again though, but an Android phone should be in there too.

As for my other SE, I don't plan to have it in the long run.
Leave it to a woman to obsess over size, along with fit and feel in the hand...

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Considering trying the Samsung Galaxy A3 2017. No band 12 but it seems like it would be a good compromise otherwise. I'm calculating how much I would lose thanks to restocking fees (if needed) but I'm in review land right now.

What I would give to be done with phones for like the rest of the year...

The storage at 16gb is kind of unfortunate though BUT I have had my 16gb SE for over a year with no issues.

Edit: On second thought, not sure about that either xd

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

That Jason Ward is very optimistic. I do wonder though how he can keep writing the same article over and over again...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I won't lie, if I was still a mobile enthusiast, I'd have found a way to test drive the V20.

More importantly, I'd have found a way to own both a Key One and a G6...

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

I won't lie, if I was still a mobile enthusiast, I'd have found a way to test drive the V20.

That would have been awesome. The KEYone seems hard to get right now. I hear that the v20 is nice. I have seen deals for it a few weeks ago.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

I won't lie either, the V20 has been on my radar for some time now. Amazon and Best Buy are sold out on the KEYone so that's not making things any easier. I'm passing on the G6 and whatever other 2:1 phones come out.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

(You can ignore this or reply if you want, this is me trying to decide this and get it out of my head. If I was home, I would be writing in my notebook of random musings but since I'm here, I only have notebooks for work meeting notes.)

So it looks like my options in the phone world without switching carriers are the following: Samsung Galaxy A3 2017, Sony Xperia X Compact, and the iPhone 7.

A3:
-In between the size of the other two
-No band 12 (but the other two bands are there)
-Can only buy from one seller, who charges a restocking fee
-The cheaper option of these at $250
-Really good battery life apparently
-Grace UI seems to be better but still Samsung bloat?

X Compact:
-Has band 12
-The smallest of all of these
-The camera isn't a great point and shoot
-Again, seriously? If I was, this would be the third rodeo
-It's still on the pricey side, but I can find it for $300 secondhand
-Solid battery life, better performance/processor over the A3

iPhone 7:
-Best radios though of all, similar to the Pixel
-The most expensive out of all of the phones
-The biggest one out of all of these
-It has everything that works the way it should (all of the bands, VoLTE, Wifi calling, etc)
-No headphone jack
-Weakest battery life out of all of these (so a battery pack would be needed, which is $$)

Last edited:

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

That would have been awesome. The KEYone seems hard to get right now. I hear that the v20 is nice. I have seen deals for it a few weeks ago.
T-Mobile had it at one time for $300. Even though I detest carrier phones as much as Mr. Trump detests traditional news media outlets, had I had the $ then I would have bought it to test drive.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

T-Mobile had it at one time for $300. Even though I detest carrier phones as much as Mr. Trump detests traditional news media outlets, had I had the $ then I would have bought it to test drive.
$360+tax to be precise. And with a free projector to boot.
I still think the BOGO Samsung deals are better with Netflix thrown in from a strictly $$ perspective.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

(You can ignore this or reply if you want, this is me trying to decide this and get it out of my head. If I was home, I would be writing in my notebook of random musings but since I'm here, I only have notebooks for work meeting notes.)

So it looks like my options in the phone world without switching carriers are the following: Samsung Galaxy A3 2017, Sony Xperia X Compact, and the iPhone 7.

<snip>
I snipped myself.
The point about the camera on the X Compact would disappoint me enough to return the phone or deal with selling it, so that's probably not a real consideration for me.

At the same time, I'm not sure it actually makes sense to get a iPhone 7 for a deal and then buy a battery case for $100 more. I don't know. I kind of wish there was actual truth to that LG G6 compact rumor a few months ago.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

$360+tax to be precise. And with a free projector to boot.
I still think the BOGO Samsung deals are better with Netflix thrown in from a strictly $$ perspective.
I think the deal I was referring to was the same one as the S7 for $300 and S7 edge for $360 for the one day only. But I'll defer to you on this one.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb