WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

The flip side of having two phones is that I can leave the phone with the "known" number when I want to quickly do something and just take the other one. For all of the fuss I have made about this phone thing, I'm still considering switching carriers. That way I can have my cake and eat it too, to a degree. Tomorrow will be the final test.

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site

Here I am, fiddling around with an android (Oppo A37), assisting my brother inlaw move on from a L720.

Previously on feature phones, guess his 8 months journey on WP8, has ended.

Not something I'm keen to do, but the Lumia used to belong to the wife. She kinda took pity with his double struggle of being new to smart phone and has no support as no one around him seems to know how to use a WP.

... !!

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

A "top rated plus" seller on eBay sold me this iPhone 7 with a balance still owed on it. I didn't know this was the case until I decided to sell it on Swappa and Swappa denied the listing for that reason.

So you're permanently stuck with it? That really sucks, I hope you manage to resolve the issue somehow.

If I may ask, what was it that you didn't like about the iPhone? Not many folks have left it, I'm really curious.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

Man, two accidents I ran into in the space of an hour. Hopefully no one was hurt...cars and public transit bus looked like the got some good hits though...

We had a few accidents in our neighborhood as well. I believe two people got killed, both accidents happened thanks to reckless drivers. I believe in both of those the drivers was those who survived, while folks who were on the passenger seats were the ones who got the worst of it and payed with their lives.

That's why I don't fool around or drink while driving.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

So you're permanently stuck with it? That really sucks, I hope you manage to resolve the issue somehow.

If I may ask, what was it that you didn't like about the iPhone? Not many folks have left it, I'm really curious.

Yep, pretty much. I can't resolve it, I can only sell it at a loss or recycle it (which doesn't make sense for a current gen phone) or I can use it, but then the circle repeats when I'm over this model.

I don't mind iOS, the iPhone 7 doesn't really amaze or "wow" me at all. Now the iPhone SE on the other hand, amazes me because of the specs and power in a truly small phone. Going from the SE to the 7 was just ok with me but the battery on the 7 is worse than the SE. I'm rambling but the SE is the most interesting iPhone to me.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

Hey! How's it been going with you?

Lots of studying for sure. As I said before I temporary left, I had to focus on school. And it sort of turned out well. Did not manage to achieve the desired 5.0, but I can safely say that it's not my fault. Some people should be banned not just from teaching, but entering the schools as well.

I'm still fine with the 4.8, not as great as straight As, but it is what it is.

Everything else is still pretty much the same.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

Yep, pretty much. I can't resolve it, I can only sell it at a loss or recycle it (which doesn't make sense for a current gen phone) or I can use it, but then the circle repeats when I'm over this model.

I don't mind iOS, the iPhone 7 doesn't really amaze or "wow" me at all. Now the iPhone SE on the other hand, amazes me because of the specs and power in a truly small phone. Going from the SE to the 7 was just ok with me but the battery on the 7 is worse than the SE. I'm rambling but the SE is the most interesting iPhone to me.

So, if I got it right, you'd have to pay it off in order to "completely" own it? You'd actually have to pay it twice, man, I do not envy you at all :D.

I have to admit, I played with the 7+ again the other day. I too find it a bit boring. Played with the cameras for a few minutes, the 3D touch and that was pretty much it. I was like, what do I do now? I find both the hardware and the iOS just a bit boring.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

I have officially graduated high school in the last Thursday. The prom and the whole ceremony was almost perfect, we had a good program that wasn't either too long or too short, it was just about right. And the band that was playing was just plain awesome. They sang old ex yu rock songs at the beginning, a few old sevdalinkas and (real) folks songs.

We may have over-exaggerated with the after party. I left the pub at 7:30 in the morning, crushed and exhausted. But it was a once in a lifetime experience, so I don't really regret it at all.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

Rue, I never thought I'd say this, but I actually liked Radiohead's song. Unexpected things really do happen :D. But it was just this one song that I enjoyed, but it was a surprise to me nonetheless.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I have officially graduated high school in the last Thursday. The prom and the whole ceremony was almost perfect, we had a good program that wasn't either too long or too short, it was just about right. And the band that was playing was just plain awesome. They sang old ex yu rock songs at the beginning, a few old sevdalinkas and (real) folks songs.

We may have over-exaggerated with the after party. I left the pub at 7:30 in the morning, crushed and exhausted. But it was a once in a lifetime experience, so I don't really regret it at all.
Congrats. I graduated too. That new graduate smell at any level is a nice thing. So what's next?

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

So...went looking for the Key One today, didn't find it. On the brighter side, I saw the Huawei watch 2 and watch 2 classic. Man, those things are yuge! I like the look of the Watch 2 better of the two, honestly.

Glad I'm not getting either. Although, that Gear S2 Classic is neat looking...rotating bezel is a brilliant move.

Last edited:

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Lots of studying for sure. As I said before I temporary left, I had to focus on school. And it sort of turned out well. Did not manage to achieve the desired 5.0, but I can safely say that it's not my fault. Some people should be banned not just from teaching, but entering the schools as well.

I'm still fine with the 4.8, not as great as straight As, but it is what it is.

Everything else is still pretty much the same.

4.8 still sounds very good to me! Well done! Sounds like you made the right choice.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

So, if I got it right, you'd have to pay it off in order to "completely" own it? You'd actually have to pay it twice, man, I do not envy you at all :D.

I have to admit, I played with the 7+ again the other day. I too find it a bit boring. Played with the cameras for a few minutes, the 3D touch and that was pretty much it. I was like, what do I do now? I find both the hardware and the iOS just a bit boring.

The sad thing is that I can't even pay it off since I did not originally pay for this phone. I got it secondhand.

Haha, it generally works well but I can get being bored. My hands are tied, the iPhone is my only option at this point.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Yay congrats!! How does it feel to be a graduate?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss