WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Good luck to you. It means you cannot do "you know what" with your classes as you did in high school...

No way you're letting go of that huh? :D Well, it actually turned out that I've gone just a bit too far with my "skulling". The final number of missed classes was around 32 I believe. Had no idea it went that far. It was kind of fun at least, I guess.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

No way you're letting go of that huh? :D Well, it actually turned out that I've gone just a bit too far with my "skulling". The final number of missed classes was around 32 I believe. Had no idea it went that far. It was kind of fun at least, I guess.
Well, the best time to do it is in high school to get it out of the system. It really isn't worth it in college, as it's all on you. College professors (at least the good ones) are there to help stimulate your thought process, especially your critical thinking and analysis skills. They don't care if you skip classes, as once you skip a certain number, it'll either lower the grade or contribute to failing the course...and that's one less student to think about. That's all.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

Well, the best time to do it is in high school to get it out of the system. It really isn't worth it in college, as it's all on you. College professors (at least the good ones) are there to help stimulate your thought process, especially your critical thinking and analysis skills. They don't care if you skip classes, as once you skip a certain number, it'll either lower the grade or contribute to failing the course...and that's one less student to think about. That's all.

I get you. I wasn't skipping because there was a test or something similar, it was purely just for fun, to grab a coffee or play a game or two of pool .

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

Critical thinking you say, I certainly hope so. The University of Sarajevo is without a doubt, going to become another victim of SDA (the biggest nationalist party in Bosnia) and their doctrine. I just hope people will realise what's happening while there's still time, if the biggest independent university in our country falls, then what's there to say. We'll all be just a sheeps in the herd.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I get you. I wasn't skipping because there was a test or something similar, it was purely just for fun, to grab a coffee or play a game or two of pool .
I get your reasons...and in high school, that's appropriate. Just saying that it won't fly in college and you'll feel that instantly.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

I get their point but they don't get WhatsApp on board, this will be another failure. I don't think a good number of people would want to use a phone without it.

My dad doesn't use many apps that aren't built in into his phone (Lumia 640) but WhatsApp is the only one that isn't. He uses it daily.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

I get their point but they don't get WhatsApp on board, this will be another failure. I don't think a good number of people would want to use a phone without it.

My dad doesn't use many apps that aren't built in into his phone (Lumia 640) but WhatsApp is the only one that isn't. He uses it daily.

I would be one of those as well if I hadn't switched to Android. I'm just saying, they're going to loose those 0.3% users they still have.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Critical thinking you say, I certainly hope so. The University of Sarajevo is without a doubt, going to become another victim of SDA (the biggest nationalist party in Bosnia) and their doctrine. I just hope people will realise what's happening while there's still time, if the biggest independent university in our country falls, then what's there to say. We'll all be just a sheeps in the herd.
Well, the thing with college is you've got to look for that...sometimes you get it from professors, sometimes you get it from classmates. It's usually a mix of both. But at the end if the day, if you're motivated and putout in the work, those opportunities will happen.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

I would be one of those as well if I hadn't switched to Android. I'm just saying, they're going to loose those 0.3% users they still have.

Agreed. I like how people are saying that WhatsApp will create a new app. Will they actually do that though?

Speaking of Android, how's it been with the phone you got? Has battery life improved any?

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

Congratulations as well. Well college's next on the list for sure. I'll try my luck on Electrical Engineering, Developers department. We'll see how it goes, it's one of the toughest colleges here in my country, but also one of the best payed jobs. I'll just have to continue studying hard and become just a little bit more serious.
Congratulations and good luck! 😊

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

Lol! Had to put the phone away so didn't get to correct it . No phones allowed in my hair stylist's chair.
That's funny. I use my phone when I'm in the stylist's chair but it's when I'm just sitting there while the colouring is on my head.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Creep. Both the lyrics and the rhythm felt really nice.
That's probably my favourite song of theirs. The non radio edit version.

I also like Just as well. After that they get a bit too mellow and out there though I don't mind some of their other songs they're not on my play list.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

That's funny. I use my phone when I'm in the stylist's chair but it's when I'm just sitting there while the colouring is on my head.

Yeah that makes sense to me! In my stylist's case, he has zones. Under the dryer is just fine to use the phone but when he is styling my hair, it's not. It sounds like we have a similar deal, because time and patience is needed for the parts that take long.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786