WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

I wish, but it's still on the same update it came with. Nothing appears to be different.

Bummer.
Well after my third trip to the Apple Store on my iPhone 7 they agreed to replace the SIM card but not the phone. Although they do have detailed notes, so if I have a problem again, I am going to request them to replace the phone. For something bought on launch day for >$800 this is pretty pathetic.

I got mad about my Pixel and Google overnighted me a phone!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Bummer.
Well after my third trip to the Apple Store on my iPhone 7 they agreed to replace the SIM card but not the phone. Although they do have detailed notes, so if I have a problem again, I am going to request them to replace the phone. For something bought on launch day for >$800 this is pretty pathetic.

Google does it a bit better...

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

I am down to the S8 and the Pixel. Debating which one to keep. Have the Gear VR and Daydream as well.
Also thinking of starting to use my LG G Watch again.

On a separate note, I am thoroughly enjoying using Android Pay at various locations.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Bummer.

Wow that's terrible.

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site

One of our largest bank was hacked today, depositors lost money, many have negative balances.

The bank's press release is "system error."

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

I am down to the S8 and the Pixel. Debating which one to keep. Have the Gear VR and Daydream as well.

On a separate note, I am thoroughly enjoying using Android Pay at various locations.

I think you should go for the Pixel just because you can probably get an S8 a bit easier over trying to find another blue Pixel.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

One of our largest bank was hacked today, depositors lost money, many have negative balances.

The bank's press release is "system error."
Sorry to hear that happened. Some people may take pitch forks to the bank in anger.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Good luck there. I'm sure you'll sell both in due time. What's most surprising is that you still have that G Watch...

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Back on the original iPhone 7 I have/had.

On the flip side, not having a rose gold iPhone means that I can find cases that are mint colored or have mint. The combo is possible with the rose gold but I haven't found anything that looks nice with that color for the 7. Additionally, I just need to get rid of two phones now \o/

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Back on the original iPhone 7 I have/had.

On the flip side, not having a rose gold iPhone means that I can find cases that are mint colored or have mint. The combo is possible with the rose gold but I haven't found anything that looks nice with that color for the 7. Additionally, I just need to get rid of two phones now \o/
#iPhonecaseproblems

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Still satsified with my Mi Note 2 + XL. The tester in my would have loved to test drove and return things like the U Ultra, Moto Z and a few others...but I'm good.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Still satsified with my Mi Note 2 + XL. The tester in my would have loved to test drove and return things like the U Ultra, Moto Z and a few others...but I'm good.

I still say that you have serious willpower in holding out.

Seriously though, that's awesome that you're still pleased with the combo.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I still say that you have serious willpower in holding out.

Seriously though, that's awesome that you're still pleased with the combo.
Being low on cash helps boost willpower immensely...but if I had the money, I'd still hold out. Nothing out there is screaming to replace these two, really.

mc_razza

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site

My mum got an email this morning informing her that Skype on WP8.1 will no longer work from July 1st. So now I'm upgrading her 640 XL to W10M. I'm kind of reluctant based on my previous experiences. But the main reason is that Lumia devices - outside of the 550, 650 and 950/XL - run better on WP8.1. Now I'm aware that anecdotally the WP8.1 Lumias have improved performance on W10M post-CU so I'll just have to wait and see.

All done. It took about 3-4 hours to get it right up to date.

Overall, performance has improved since AU. In some areas I'm surprised to say it's nice and snappy but in other areas it's still frustratingly slow. And I'm finding that I have to press buttons and links two, three or more times before it registers. The UI, although improved, still has its inconsistencies. For example, if I tap on the hamburger menu of an app (in this instance the News app), the grey sidebar melts into the same grey of the app's background. There is no clear delineation between the menu and rest of the app. Granted I haven't tried apps in Light Mode so maybe it's different. As for battery life I'm only 12 hours in so I can't properly gauge it in W10M. Let's wait and see if it's improved since AU.

Anyway, that's that. My mum can continue to use Skype on her 640 XL from July 1st. lol

Will I make the jump on my 640 and 735? No. I got my eyes on eBay for a cheap 550, 650 or even a 532 so I can tinker around with W10M.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Good luck there. I'm sure you'll sell both in due time. What's most surprising is that you still have that G Watch...

I thought about it. Then I remembered how I kept going back to the Nexus 5. So I think I am probably going to stay put with the Pixel. However, if that is the course of action, then I need to find one with the higher storage capacity.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

They also said the audio quality is much better with the USB.

The main reason they say that is because the audio conversion is done local to the speaker rather than in the phone.

There's less chance of losses (though I think that's a silly argument). You also get 'powered' headphones due to them being USB so the DAC can be designed optimally to provide the best possible sound. So long as you have good quality parts you should 'technically' have better sound.

That's the theory anyway.

I wonder how long it will be before see a dual USB C phone...

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb