WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Ooh I never thought of it that way. That's an excellent analogy!

I have always been taught that in the church and heard that over and over. It wasn't hard for me but that's been difficult for a good amount of people because of those "rules".

Trying to persuade young people to go against their natural instinct is difficult. It's one of the reasons why in the past young people got married off at a fairly early age.

Real sex education is important, now more than ever. Unfortunately, especially in the US, it's like banging your head against a steel clad wall. People think saying 'don't do it because god says it's bad' is a reason not to tell students the truth.

That's because a lot of religious people think sex is for only for one thing. Which if we were not highly evolved animals, would be true. However, that's simply not the case. Sex feels good as a way of encouraging us to have it. It's part of evolution.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

You're right though, I was trying to remember the roots and there it is. History major fail. LOL

Though I find it hysterically funny, I also find it sad. Of course, the US isn't the only country with hardline religious fundamentalist... there's also places like Saudi Arabia....

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Trying to persuade young people to go against their natural instinct is difficult. It's one of the reasons why in the past young people got married off at a fairly early age.

Real sex education is important, now more than ever. Unfortunately, especially in the US, it's like banging your head against a steel clad wall. People think saying 'don't do it because god says it's bad' is a reason not to tell students the truth.

That's because a lot of religious people think sex is for only for one thing. Which if we were not highly evolved animals, would be true. However, that's simply not the case. Sex feels good as a way of encouraging us to have it. It's part of evolution.

That's a fair point and I can agree with that. I have heard recent stories in parts of the US where people got married really young just so that they can have it, which is sad.

I agree with you on the point of true sex education too, as well. In my opinion, they should also educate about different kinds of sexuality because it's easy to think something is wrong with you if you're not what is considered "normal". Been there, done that. I could have saved myself some time if I knew what I learned later.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

My other tester SE is finally unlocked so I could sell it now! I just need to test it tonight (I got a text saying that it has been unlocked). I'm debating what phone I should put in that sim in now.

Should I put it in my 650 or if I should put it in my original SE is the question.

Also on that note, I will be selling the 950, so I can go down to three phones. If I decide to go crazy, I can make it two haha.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

That's a fair point and I can agree with that. I have heard recent stories in parts of the US where people got married really young just so that they can have it, which is sad.

I agree with you on the point of true sex education too, as well. In my opinion, they should also educate about different kinds of sexuality because it's easy to think something is wrong with you if you're not what is considered "normal". Been there, done that. I could have saved myself some time if I knew what I learned later.

Oh I agree totally with that statement. Problem as always is that highly religious people get 'offended' by that.

If we stick to a scientific view of the world instead of the irrational one that is created by religion then we'd realise that biology is messy, there's no such thing as 'normal' and that everyone is unique and special.

But when your thinking is stuck in a 2000 year old book and you believe in strict adherence (so long as it doesn't interfere with your life) then this is what happens. You have people forcing ideas on others of what's 'normal'.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Oh I agree totally with that statement. Problem as always is that highly religious people get 'offended' by that.

If we stick to a scientific view of the world instead of the irrational one that is created by religion then we'd realise that biology is messy, there's no such thing as 'normal' and that everyone is unique and special.

But when your thinking is stuck in a 2000 year old book and you believe in strict adherence (so long as it doesn't interfere with your life) then this is what happens. You have people forcing ideas on others of what's 'normal'.

I'll be honest with you. I identify as a Christian but I try to be more open-minded. I don't believe in being a judge of what people do unless it is harmful to another human being. I'm not one to debate my beliefs but I do agree strongly with your point about religion forcing ideas, which leaves us with broken and hurt people. I have seen it for myself, and because of it, there are some things that I could never tell my parents about myself.

Thankfully, I have support in my siblings so I'm not bothered. In an ideal world, I would tell them and they wouldn't be trying to "shift" me, they would just accept.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I'll be honest with you. I identify as a Christian but I try to be more open-minded. I don't believe in being a judge of what people do unless it is harmful to another human being.

That's a very humanistic view of things and far as I'm concerned a good one. :)

I'm not one to debate my beliefs but I do agree strongly with your point about religion forcing ideas, which leaves us with broken and hurt people.

To be clear I'm not trying to debate religion. It's just seems to be at the heart of any issue regarding sex or gender. Any blocks when it comes to anything regarding sex education, gender, sexual health, etc, especially woman's health, it's always always religious.

I have seen it for myself, and because of it, there are some things that I could never tell my parents about myself.Thankfully, I have support in my siblings so I'm not bothered. In an ideal world, I would tell them and they wouldn't be trying to "shift" me, they would just accept.

I would guess what you're getting at but I'll leave it to you to say it. :) At least you have the support of your siblings and I assume others. As far as I'm concerned I accept people as they are. :)

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I'm using the XL for the day as my daily driver. I'm happy to report the battery life is as trashy as I remember. Standby has slightly improved, so I should be excited for that...but I barely have any apps on this thing and after going to an appointment, I left with 95% and with in 3 hours I'm down to 65%.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

That's a very humanistic view of things and far as I'm concerned a good one. :)

To be clear I'm not trying to debate religion. It's just seems to be at the heart of any issue regarding sex or gender. Any blocks when it comes to anything regarding sex education, gender, sexual health, etc, especially woman's health, it's always always religious.

I would guess what you're getting at but I'll leave it to you to say it. :) At least you have the support of your siblings and I assume others. As far as I'm concerned I accept people as they are. :)

Thank you, I do try. I have learned a lot from different people who I would have never have otherwise. It's been interesting.

I totally agree, it really is always that way.

I am asexual. Never had the problem of fighting that kind of temptation because it doesn't happen for me and it has never happened for me. I'm into guys but only romantically. This makes dating interesting. Thank you, I'm glad to have their support and that's a great way to be imo.

I didn't know there was a word for people like me until a few years ago. Literally part of the 1% haha. I don't really think about it much but I'm cool with it.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

I'm using the XL for the day as my daily driver. I'm happy to report the battery life is as trashy as I remember. Standby has slightly improved, so I should be excited for that...but I barely have any apps on this thing and after going to an appointment, I left with 95% and with in 3 hours I'm down to 65%.

Wow, that battery life is nuts. That's a crazy drop. Remind us why you did this to yourself again?

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Thank you, I do try. I have learned a lot from different people who I would have never have otherwise. It's been interesting.

I am asexual. Never had the problem of fighting that kind of temptation because it doesn't happen for me and it has never happened for me. I'm into guys but only romantically. This makes dating interesting. Thank you, I'm glad to have their support and that's a great way to be imo.

I didn't know there was a word for people like me until a few years ago. Literally part of the 1% haha. I don't really think about it much but I'm cool with it.

I have to admit you're the first person I've 'met' virtually or otherwise that is asexual. I will admit to being curious as I have a curious mind and my curiosity is not malicious in any way.

I see it no different than the lack of desire I had to procreate. Neither my wife or I was that interested and I have to be honest, I'm not a child person... I don't find babies cute etc... Both my wife and I have held children and neither of us have had that parental feeling.

The key thing is being happy and accepting of who you are. :)

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Wow, that battery life is nuts. That's a crazy drop.
Yup. I have to use it old school and when underground keep it in airplane mode. It's a hassle though.

That Qualcomm S808 and S810 chip wrecked a ton of 2015 phones, including the 950 series. SMH.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

You go girl.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Having done that work with young people for a decade and seeing how there are some who when the urges take hold they will have sex brazenly and it not matter, you're right. Two stories:

1) A few middle schoolers having sex in the stairwell where you lay the book bags together and have someone in front as a shield.

2) A teacher walking into a high school pair having sex and when he tries to break it up, the male student says "Just hold up and let me finish". And the female student grips him closer to ensure he finishes before they get up and walk out unapologetically.

Real sex education is more than just sex...many people don't care about the mindset of the youth.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

I have to admit you're the first person I've 'met' virtually or otherwise that is asexual. I will admit to being curious as I have a curious mind and my curiosity is not malicious in any way.

I see it no different than the lack of desire I had to procreate. Neither my wife or I was that interested and I have to be honest, I'm not a child person... I don't find babies cute etc... Both my wife and I have held children and neither of us have had that parental feeling.

The key thing is being happy and accepting of who you are. :)

That's cool! Feel free to ask me any questions. I can't speak for all who are like me but I can speak from observations and personal experience.

That sounds awesome to me. It would be nice to have what you two have in that aspect someday. I literally just learned that my mom considers a marriage without kids to not be a true marriage...so that was the other thing I meant. Never wanted any and never will have them. Thankfully my brother and sister want to have kids and they will have them.

You're right. I felt broken for a long time but I'm good. Sometimes I wonder if my life would be easier if I was also not into anyone romantically, but that's just a thought. I would prefer to have more friends in my circle who are accepting but it's hard to guess reactions.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Yup. I have to use it old school and when underground keep it in airplane mode. It's a hassle though.

That Qualcomm S808 and S810 chip wrecked a ton of 2015 phones, including the 950 series. SMH.

Wow. Sounds like one. Wait, why did you do this today? Just curious.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Good for you. If and when you choose to bring the sex into things (there are asexual folks who never do), I do hope it is in a really enjoyable space with an enjoyable and fully connected person.

Well, it makes sense why you get the good jokes after the fact...but that's cool too.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb