WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

The honor 8 started out ok but wasn't that good on 7.0, honestly.

Yeah the Honor 8 was the only Android I kept for a "long time" because battery life was so nice for me. Then 7.0 knocked it down and I didn't like it.

I have been tempted to try out the Honor 8 again but then I remembered 7.0 and how that was for battery life and I don't pull the trigger.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Speaking of being tempted, the Nextbit Robin is on sale on Amazon for 118 (today only). The idea of it is nicer than the phone is. LOL.

Can I say that after a week and two days, I hate how iOS 10 does notifications? I always forget to clear them and the fact that they aren't grouped by app is just dumb.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Speaking of being tempted, the Nextbit Robin is on sale on Amazon for 118 (today only). The idea of it is nicer than the phone is. LOL.

Can I say that after a week and two days, I hate how iOS 10 does notifications? I always forget to clear them and the fact that they aren't grouped by app is just dumb.
Phone was solid. Only thing that killed it for me was the battery life and the speakers when taking calls wasn't stereo. Build was passable.

A very solid first effort...needed to have been priced at $350 at launch as when the big boys like the Axon 7, Idol 4S, Honor 8 and OnePlus 3 came out, it was DOA.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Betcha Apple handles notifications well when it's trying to keep its hands in your wallet...

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Phone was solid. Only thing that killed it for me was the battery life and the speakers when taking calls wasn't stereo. Build was passable.

A very solid first effort...needed to have been priced at $350 at launch as when the big boys like the Axon 7, Idol 4S, Honor 8 and OnePlus 3 came out, it was DOA.

I agree with you about the Robin. I liked it but it felt too big for a 5.2" phone, and yeah the battery life and average camera wasn't doing it for me, but mainly the battery. I would have loved to see what they would have created next. I'm hearing that hardware support is done after next month though :/

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Keyboard and notifications are the two biggest fails on ifruit devices.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Betcha Apple handles notifications well when it's trying to keep its hands in your wallet...

You're wrong for that xd

Well, they have made one of my favorite small phones ever, but aside from that, eh. Still haven't turned on iMessage all this time. I think I'll be alright if I had a solid phone alternative. I'm just stubborn so I'm still not ready to sit on this compromise of a phone.

I'm really trying to think of what makes sense for me. I'll seek something...eventually.

Last edited:

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Omg my bank massively increased my credit card limit randomly. Goodness.

I feel like I leveled up but I'm not going to go nuts. It's good to have just in case.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

I keep debating on trying out the 6s. I feel like I should also give it a go too.

Sometimes the "need to know so I feel that I'm making the best decision" part of my brain annoys me.

I feel like in September, it will disappear from Apple stores and the site. The only way to get it would be secondhand.

Part of me says yes and the other part of me says no. This is only my problem, but I think I will resolve it by not doing anything for now. Easier said than done.

Last edited:

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

I haven't got a credit card. No need for one.
Certain purchases, particularly big ticket items, here have more protection if one uses a credit card. Many consumers have lost money on furniture, home remodeling, and appliances if they paid cash or used checks then the business folded. No money is lost if the purchases were made using credit cards.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I keep debating on trying out the 6s. I feel like I should also give it a go too.

Sometimes the "need to know so I feel that I'm making the best decision" part of my brain annoys me.

I feel like in September, it will disappear from Apple stores and the site. The only way to get it would be secondhand.

Part of me says yes and the other part of me says no. This is only my problem, but I think I will resolve it by not doing anything for now. Easier said than done.
In theory you can try it and return it, I guess...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I won't lie, I like the black iPhone 7. I won't buy one or ask anyone to buy one for me, but I'd test drive it or keep one if it's given to me.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

I won't lie, I like the black iPhone 7. I won't buy one or ask anyone to buy one for me, but I'd test drive it or keep one if it's given to me.

It's pretty sweet looking. The way how everything seems to blend in is nice.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786