WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Sweet! That would be cool.
Yeah. There is a section there where people have suggested a topic or asked a question and I turned it into a post.

We'll see how it goes...I may try to keep up at it for a longer stretch this go round.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Yeah. There is a section there where people have suggested a topic or asked a question and I turned it into a post.

We'll see how it goes...I may try to keep up at it for a longer stretch this go round.

I have read some of those so far. You have had some interesting posts out of those.

Will be looking forward to whatever you end up doing.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Ugh Spotify is annoying on Windows phone sometimes. I didn't get the frustration that others did until today. Restarting the phone seemed to do the trick, though (but why does it always seem to be haha).

I figured that maybe I could try Groove...until I searched the catalog again and there's still holes. Holes that I will not be okay with paying for. So many people around here talk about Groove being awesome and why should people be subscribed to Spotify. This is why not for me.

It was fun to use a Windows phone at work today though. Maybe fun isn't the right word, refreshing is.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

Ugh Spotify is annoying on Windows phone sometimes. I didn't get the frustration that others did until today. Restarting the phone seemed to do the trick, though (but why does it always seem to be haha).

I figured that maybe I could try Groove...until I searched the catalog again and there's still holes. Holes that I will not be okay with paying for. So many people around here talk about Groove being awesome and why should people be subscribed to Spotify. This is why not for me.

It was fun to use a Windows phone at work today though. Maybe fun isn't the right word, refreshing is.
I need my little sista to explain to me what Spotify is and what it's for? I've heard of it but that's it.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

I need my little sista to explain to me what Spotify is and what it's for? I've heard of it but that's it.

It's a music streaming service. There's two levels to it, free and premium. Free in this case has suggested songs (that's a mobile only thing) and ads, of course. The cool thing about it is that you can use it on any form of media that has an app or add on for it. You can use it on your PC, Mac, Roku, Xbox, and obviously on iOS, Android and Windows Phone/Mobile. You can also save playlists offline too, which is great.

It has a lot of music in its database and on a computer and/or your phone, I believe that you can add your previously purchased music to it as well.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

It's a music streaming service. There's two levels to it, free and premium. Free in this case has suggested songs (that's a mobile only thing) and ads, of course. The cool thing about it is that you can use it on any form of media that has an app or add on for it. You can use it on your PC, Mac, Roku, Xbox, and obviously on iOS, Android and Windows Phone/Mobile. You can also save playlists offline too, which is great.

It has a lot of music in its database and on a computer and/or your phone, I believe that you can add your previously purchased music to it as well.

The paid version allows you to download music for offline, have unlimited skips and higher quality music.

There's also two types of paid versions. A single and a family. With the family you pay a touch more and up to six people can use full Spotify with their own accounts.

You can also share playlists and follow people/artists playlists.

You also get daily mixes which you can use to find new music.

But that's me being pedantic...

Last edited:

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Bloody hell... just got the confirmation letter from UK immigration telling me that my application has been received and is being considered. That took almost a month.

Now it's another possible 6 months or more... I could be living in France by then. :p

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Bloody hell... just got the confirmation letter from UK immigration telling me that my application has been received and is being considered. That took almost a month.

Now it's another possible 6 months or more... I could be living in France by then. :p

Wow that took a while.

OMG you could be!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Wow that took a while.

OMG you could be!

It's their 'standard' form letter to everyone. When I applied for my other visas in the UK it was a similar statement.

Thing is, this is the longest I ever waited for a letter from them. So that's a bit worrying.

The next part is sending my biometrics in. I need to wait for them to send me a letter to get them. I can only assume that will probably show up in the next couple weeks as it's part of the standard practice.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

It's their 'standard' form letter to everyone. When I applied for my other visas in the UK it was a similar statement.

Thing is, this is the longest I ever waited for a letter from them. So that's a bit worrying.

The next part is sending my biometrics in. I need to wait for them to send me a letter to get them. I can only assume that will probably show up in the next couple weeks as it's part of the standard practice.

Ohh okay. That's weird that it took so long. I hope that you'll get that letter soon though.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

At least they got back to you and didn't pull a Trump and say that they did send it when they didn't.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Tell me why in one of my GroupMe chats, one of my friends used the guy version of the hand raise emoji using his iPhone, in the chat and another friend who is also a guy thought it was a female emoji (but he has a Pixel).

I see the emoji on my Lumia as male, same goes on my iPhone. I'm amused by that.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

LOL, you know me well. It seems like it would be a nice phone to try out.

The one vendor who was selling it has it out of stock :(
Nice price on the SE. If I had the money and was still a true enthusiast, it was either a SE or a 7 as a secondary device...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786