WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Which version is that? Why does USA always has that weird situations where some phones work while others don't.

Haven't encountered a single phone that doesn't work with our carriers. Maybe I haven't payed enough attention to it.
The USA is different than the EU.

In the USA Verizon tends to be the biggest pain as they have custom phone bands. They do it purposely as they invested in the technology and it's a way to keep customers. Also some carries lock out unlocked phones if you don't use the phones from them with their firmware.

In the EU we don't have this issue as they use the proper bands and all phones work on them.

However, even here there are some issues, or in the UK anyway where certain functionally doesn't work on an unlocked phone. For example I'm on Three and I can't use VoLTE which is annoying. They're apparently working on something for Android but of course Apple users are fine...

So typical...

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

The USA is different than the EU.

In the USA Verizon tends to be the biggest pain as they have custom phone bands. They do it purposely as they invested in the technology and it's a way to keep customers. Also some carries lock out unlocked phones if you don't use the phones from them with their firmware.

In the EU we don't have this issue as they use the proper bands and all phones work on them.

However, even here there are some issues, or in the UK anyway where certain functionally doesn't work on an unlocked phone. For example I'm on Three and I can't use VoLTE which is annoying. They're apparently working on something for Android but of choose Apple users are fine...

So typical...

I expected it to be related to Verizon, didn't know there was need for such strategies to keep customers.

In Bosnia, pretty much every unlocked phone works not only all across the country, but in the countries around us as well. I assume the whole Europe too.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Thunderstorm NYC. Auto mode, unedited.
077f41c3084348823a46315b0a7156c1.jpg
9c0923ad45c1c4e0f86fdd4377aaf86d.jpg
665008a91daff4b83cc65db4be5217e1.jpg

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

The Mi Note 2's camera is better than you think, but not as good (versatile) as I'd like. They should have recycled the Mi 5S+'s main camera here.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

These USB-C headphones are good for listening music only. I do no get any phone call audio with these. They're still ok...just much better version of the really cheap standard headphones.

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

You got a good deal on that one. Samsung ones are just way overpriced here.

We went with cheapest 4K 55" TV. If we decided to spend so much as we did for LG 8 years ago would have gotten FHD OLED but we decided to go cheaper and go OLED in 5 years or so.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Wow this is the longest day I have had in a while. Picked up my dress and did various other necessary things. I'm glad that it was a productive day though.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99