WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

So I found a long and tedious way in which I can keep my Moto 360 2015 on Wear 1.5. I'm tempted to downgrade the Huawei watch too, but I won't.

Last edited:

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

So k found a long and tedious way in which I can keep my Moto 360 2015 on Wear 1.5. I'm tempted to downgrade the Huawei watch too, but I won't.

Ooh I hope it works out well for you. It sounds like it can be worth your time. Can you let us know how that goes for you?

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Ooh I hope it works out well for you. It sounds like it can be worth your time. Can you let us know how that goes for you?
I can. I found this a long time ago but was just not interested in doing so for a while now. I'm getting tired of seeing the damn notification on my watch, so I may go for it sometime tomorrow.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

One of my male friends said that I should introduce some of my single girl friends to him because the clock is ticking. I just told him that I'm good when it comes to that. Apparently, he also told a friend of his that I recently met (who is married; he's friends with both her husband and her) the same thing.

She told me not to mind him, but I saw it as very random that he just said that.

Do introductions really work anyway? I feel like they only work if you really know the person well.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

I can. I found this a long time ago but was just not interested in doing so for a while now. I'm getting tired of seeing the damn notification on my watch, so I may go for it sometime tomorrow.

Ohh okay, I can understand that. Good luck when you do it though, it would be awesome if this allows you to have everything working the way that you prefer it to.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

One of my male friends said that I should introduce some of my single girl friends to him because the clock is ticking. I just told him that I'm good when it comes to that. Apparently, he also told a friend of his that I recently met (who is married; he's friends with both her husband and her) the same thing.

She told me not to mind him, but I saw it as very random that he just said that.

Do introductions really work anyway? I feel like they only work if you really know the person well.
What clock is ticking is he talking about?

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

What clock is ticking is he talking about?

I don't know, he just turned 32. I think he meant that time is passing by. I have heard him say before that he has everything you are "supposed" to have, he just needs the right girl.

Edit: An entry in your blog has me thinking about things related to this, so here we are lol

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I don't know, he just turned 32. I think he meant that time is passing by. I have heard him say before that he has everything you are "supposed to have", he just needs the right girl.
Tinder and social dating apps exists. Pursuing hobbies is a way to meet people. Clubbing and bars and concerts can work in the summer time.

I'm sorry if I'm not being as understanding, I just had an initial gut reaction when I saw this. There's a lot of people who are feeling that "pressure" (had a coworker who was feeling those things last year and she's 27; had a former supervisor who felt that pressure around his age and got married and had triplets; had a colleague at the internship​ who's in her mid 20s starting to feel those pulls).

It's better to figure that stuff out smartly...I can site too many people who got married for those reasons and divorced with kids because the idea wasn't as good as the execution.

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

So Moto Z should be here tomorrow so my Lumia 820 will be going back to sleep. It genuinely still is a good phone, it works well enough mostly. And I love wordflow keyboard.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

So Moto Z should be here tomorrow so my Lumia 820 will be going back to sleep. It genuinely still is a good phone, it works well enough mostly. And I love wordflow keyboard.
I remember those days. If I remember correctly:

Rue and Laura owned 920s.
Myself, Sahib and 99 owned 810s to start off.
Rue's wife owned a 820 (you too as well).

Funny how times have changed...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

What have I used since WP 8.0?

Lumia 810, Lumia 920, HTC 8X, Lumia 925, Lumia 1520, Lumia 930, Lumia 720, HTC M8, Lumia 950XL.

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

I remember those days. If I remember correctly:

Rue and Laura owned 920s.
Myself, Sahib and 99 owned 810s to start off.
Rue's wife owned a 820 (you too as well).

Funny how times have changed...

Good old days huh. And Chregu had 8X? And bought G3 before he ran away. Does Sahib still pop back time to time?

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Tinder and social dating apps exists. Pursuing hobbies is a way to meet people. Clubbing and bars and concerts can work in the summer time.

I'm sorry if I'm not being as understanding, I just had an initial gut reaction when I saw this. There's a lot of people who are feeling that "pressure" (had a coworker who was feeling those things last year and she's 27; had a former supervisor who felt that pressure around his age and got married and had triplets; had a colleague at the internship​ who's in her mid 20s starting to feel those pulls).

It's better to figure that stuff out smartly...I can site too many people who got married for those reasons and divorced with kids because the idea wasn't as good as the execution.
That's so true (on all points).

It's fine. Wow yeah that sounds challenging but I can get it. I do admit that sometimes I wonder if I should put more effort in trying the dating thing but those thoughts are more so because my sister is getting married and I believe that people will bug me next. Maybe my brother over me (he's the only son) but who knows really.

I agree with you on that point though. It's interesting that you mention that last point. A girl friend who is the same age as me had a conversation about this with me, and previous male friend. He was talking about the dating struggle. For her, she was saying that she feels like she doesn't have the right reasons to date a guy so she would rather not. It's more like she would like the guy to bring her food if she is hungry and doesn't feel like getting it. For me, I feel the need to know and be sure of my values first.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Sweet! I will be looking forward to your impressions of it.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

That's so true (on all points).

It's fine. Wow yeah that sounds challenging but I can get it. I do admit that sometimes I wonder if I should put more effort in trying the dating thing but those thoughts are more so because my sister is getting married and I believe that people will bug me next. Maybe my brother over me (he's the only son) but who knows really.

I agree with you on that point though.
Oh girl, you'll know when it's the right one. I thought I had to "work" at dating after my first marriage. I mean, I did all the right things at the right time - so I thought. We dated for a while, moved in together and finally got married after 3 years of cohabitation. Never made it to a third anniversary. Met my present wife and proposed after 3-1/2 weeks. Yes, weeks. Everybody thought I was nuts, oh you're just rebounding, etc. We're celebrating 22 years in August and I can't bear the thought of one day without her.

Follow your heart. Don't let that stupid brain get in the way.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Oh girl, you'll know when it's the right one. I thought I had to "work" at dating after my first marriage. I mean, I did all the right things at the right time - so I thought. We dated for a while, moved in together and finally got married after 3 years of cohabitation. Never made it to a third anniversary. Met my present wife and proposed after 3-1/2 weeks. Yes, weeks. Everybody thought I was nuts, oh you're just rebounding, etc. We're celebrating 22 years in August and I can't bear the thought of one day without her.

Follow your heart. Don't let that stupid brain get in the way.

Wow, what a story! That's amazing.

I'm going to take your word for it, thanks for that. The issue in my case is that I need to put myself around different groups of people. Most of my friends are part of a friend group, which is great for the good times and such but I don't want to date any of them that are single.

They aren't unattractive or anything but aside from me not being their type (that's probably in my head but from what I have observed, I believe that I'm right), I don't like the idea of breaking up the dynamic and always having to see them if it doesn't work out.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

The only phone that's tempting me as a backup for Android is a Moto Z + the wireless charging mod.

Even so, it'd be in the fall where I'd try to acquire one to test at the earliest.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

The only phone that's tempting me as a backup for Android is a Moto Z + the wireless charging mod.

Even so, it'd be in the fall where I'd try to acquire one to test at the earliest.
The problem is Moto has left a very salty taste in the mouth from the Moto Maxx.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss