WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

So you saw my gripe with Sony camera's first hand...

That was the one thing I disliked about the Z3. Due used to get some nice shots from it consistently. I did too, but it was a camera you needed to use in manual mode, really. Sony still hasn't made the jump yet...still on this incremental mess.
Ugh yep I did.
Saw it with the X Compact too, and the X Performance I wasted my time on for some hours. That's really disappointing on their end.

The camera might not need to be the best in class for me, but it needs to be a solid one at least.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Ugh yep I did.
Saw it with the X Compact too, and the X Performance I wasted my time on for some hours. That's really disappointing on their end.

The camera might not need to be the best in class for me, but it needs to be a solid one at least.
Their camera is like...well, trying to satisfy some hot and bothered knickers in an unorthodox spot - once you get into the position and find your groove, it works...but you need to do too much contortion to get into position in the first place.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Their camera is like...well, trying to satisfy some hot and bothered knickers in an unorthodox spot - once you get into the position and find your groove, it works...but you need to do too much contortion to get into position in the first place.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I believe they debunked the spot bit...

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I have no issues with Sony cameras.
99f7ba5d33d3830ed63cdf3db34b8afe.jpg

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I know you don't and I referred to that earlier. Truth be told I don't think Sony cameras are bad...they're just not for point and shoot folks. I did enjoy the Z3's camera but it left me wanting for a bit more sometimes.

Not to forgive Sony in any way, but I do believe people have usually high expectations on a point and shoot camera which is still technically the 'secondary' use of the smartphone. The first being communication (social media, texts, etc...)

I think Sony can and should do better but I'm starting to believe it's coming down to preference now. That latest phones from Sony are a lot better than the Z3 from the camera point of view. Some people don't like the processing that Sony does. Which is fine. But then there's manual mode which opens up lots of possibilities.

Personally I'd like to see Canon do a smartphone camera. I'm not sure why they haven't yet. Must be waiting for the right tech or just not interested...

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Not to forgive Sony in any way, but I do believe people have usually high expectations on a point and shoot camera which is still technically the 'secondary' use of the smartphone. The first being communication (social media, texts, etc...)

I think Sony can and should do better but I'm starting to believe it's coming down to preference now. That latest phones from Sony are a lot better than the Z3 from the camera point of view. Some people don't like the processing that Sony does. Which is fine. But then there's manual mode which opens up lots of possibilities.

Personally I'd like to see Canon do a smartphone camera. I'm not sure why they haven't yet. Must be waiting for the right tech or just not interested...

On the point about Canon, do you mean on the hardware side or like how Kodak did with their phone that is a camera (I think it's called the Elektra)?

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I agree to some extent that it's all about personal preference at this point as to what the end user wants to use the camera to do.

But, I will say that I personally prefer versatility. There are some days that I don't have the time to get all sexy and deep into setting up the shot where I want to rely on auto mode. There are days when you want to dive face first into the settings and dial up exposure, etc.

I like that the Pixel camera is good for those auto days, but I'm not a fan of the lack of sufficient manual controls. I like the fact that Sony has good manual controls, but during my Z3 days auto mode was a bit or miss.

On the Mi Note 2, auto mode is OK. You're still better off going into manual mode though. As far as camera goes, I like what LG is doing. Xiaomi is OK, especially for the price point. Samsung is good but oversaturates for my taste. I'm impressed at HTC this year as I like those natural, slightly muted colors.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

On the point about Canon, do you mean on the hardware side or like how Kodak did with their phone that is a camera (I think it's called the Elektra)?

Hardware and processing. I don't think Canon would make a good smartphone though I believe a lot of their newer cameras have 'apps' now.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

I agree to some extent that it's all about personal preference at this point as to what the end user wants to use the camera to do.

But, I will say that I personally prefer versatility. There are some days that I don't have the time to get all sexy and deep into setting up the shot where I want to rely on auto mode. There are days when you want to dive face first into the settings and dial up exposure, etc.

I like that the Pixel camera is good for those auto days, but I'm not a fan of the lack of sufficient manual controls. I like the fact that Sony has good manual controls, but during my Z3 days auto mode was a bit or miss.

On the Mi Note 2, auto mode is OK. You're still better off going into manual mode though. As far as camera goes, I like what LG is doing. Xiaomi is OK, especially for the price point. Samsung is good but oversaturates for my taste. I'm impressed at HTC this year as I like those natural, slightly muted colors.

Yeah HTC's picture quality is looking really nice to me as well. I loved the Pixel for that camera. Solid time that was but I'm pixel jinxed so I'll rather not try that again.

Pixel > iPhone 7

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

As I haven't used any other phone cameras (other than Lumia/Nokia) I can't really comment.

I agree that Sony sometimes needs that 'second' to auto-focus sometimes otherwise the shot could be crap. The other big complaint, though this goes to that 'personal preference' side of things, is the lack of HDR in auto mode. It has it in manual mode but I guess people are obsessed? Maybe Sony will release an update... then again...

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

I don't know, he just turned 32. I think he meant that time is passing by. I have heard him say before that he has everything you are "supposed" to have, he just needs the right girl.

Edit: An entry in your blog has me thinking about things related to this, so here we are lol

32 is not that bad really. At least in my opinion.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb