WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Tinder and social dating apps exists. Pursuing hobbies is a way to meet people. Clubbing and bars and concerts can work in the summer time.

I'm sorry if I'm not being as understanding, I just had an initial gut reaction when I saw this. There's a lot of people who are feeling that "pressure" (had a coworker who was feeling those things last year and she's 27; had a former supervisor who felt that pressure around his age and got married and had triplets; had a colleague at the internship​ who's in her mid 20s starting to feel those pulls).

It's better to figure that stuff out smartly...I can site too many people who got married for those reasons and divorced with kids because the idea wasn't as good as the execution.

People tend to fall in those crisis without a sane reason. It's mostly pressure from parents and relatives when it comes to 'older' (30ish) people. But what amazes me is young people getting married without even experiencing life.

I'm 19 and few girls from my scholl, the same generation, are getting married this summer. I mean, what the hell? Why? And, I'm not being an ******* here, but at least one of three of those girls is doing it because of $$.

Don't get me wrong. We had countless cases here where guys marry girls from abroad. That is Bosnian girls who live i EU, again, guess the reason.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

So Moto Z should be here tomorrow so my Lumia 820 will be going back to sleep. It genuinely still is a good phone, it works well enough mostly. And I love wordflow keyboard.

Guys from the site I write for got Z and Z Play. So far they have nothing but best words to desribe it. One of them got 11 and half hours of SoT in Z Play.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

32 is not that bad really. At least in my opinion.

Yeah, it's not. I would date a 32 year old guy (not this friend though) but it makes sense since I'm 27. I wasn't sure what he meant though by his statement.

In an interesting twist of things, my friend's brother, who has also become a friend of mine, is 20 and recently proposed to his girlfriend. I'm excited for him but I can't imagine getting proposed to at that age.

This friend and another friend (a girl) said that I probably would have talked myself out of accepting an engagement.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

That's so true (on all points).

It's fine. Wow yeah that sounds challenging but I can get it. I do admit that sometimes I wonder if I should put more effort in trying the dating thing but those thoughts are more so because my sister is getting married and I believe that people will bug me next. Maybe my brother over me (he's the only son) but who knows really.

I agree with you on that point though. It's interesting that you mention that last point. A girl friend who is the same age as me had a conversation about this with me, and previous male friend. He was talking about the dating struggle. For her, she was saying that she feels like she doesn't have the right reasons to date a guy so she would rather not. It's more like she would like the guy to bring her food if she is hungry and doesn't feel like getting it. For me, I feel the need to know and be sure of my values first.

I haven't dated in... a while. Let's just say for too long mabye, but I couldn't care less. Got a whole life in front of me. My parents can be annoying sometimes about it, even at this age, so I'm defininitely getting you.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

People tend to fall in those crisis without a sane reason. It's mostly pressure from parents and relatives when it comes to 'older' (30ish) people. But what amazes me is young people getting married without even experiencing life.

I'm 19 and few girls from my scholl, the same generation, are getting married this summer. I mean, what the hell? Why? And, I'm not being an ******* here, but at least one of three of those girls is doing it because of $$.

Don't get me wrong. We had countless cases here where guys marry girls from abroad. That is Bosnian girls who live i EU, again, guess the reason.

It sounds like we feel the same about this LOL. I can't imagine getting married before doing anything massive for myself yet. I'm pretty sure that if that happened to me, I would either talk myself out of it or I probably would have been divorced by now, because of things I have learned about myself in the years after.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

Oh girl, you'll know when it's the right one. I thought I had to "work" at dating after my first marriage. I mean, I did all the right things at the right time - so I thought. We dated for a while, moved in together and finally got married after 3 years of cohabitation. Never made it to a third anniversary. Met my present wife and proposed after 3-1/2 weeks. Yes, weeks. Everybody thought I was nuts, oh you're just rebounding, etc. We're celebrating 22 years in August and I can't bear the thought of one day without her.

Follow your heart. Don't let that stupid brain get in the way.

My parents dated less than 3 months, it took me longer to complete a video games than that. But as you said, it's the perfect match.

Mohamed Ashid

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

After living under a rock for 2 years, I'm back. I dont know if anyone remembers me, I was here back in 2015. Hope, you all are having an amazing day! :)

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

I haven't dated in... a while. Let's just say for too long mabye, but I couldn't care less. Got a whole life in front of me. My parents can be annoying sometimes about it, even at this age, so I'm defininitely getting you.

I figured that you could relate to me. I don't blame you.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

After living under a rock for 2 years, I'm back. I dont know if anyone remembers me, I was here back in 2015. Hope, you all are having an amazing day! :)

Yes I remember you. What rock have you crawled from under? :p

I'm at work, day can only be so great. Weather is nice... I suppose if you like having no A/C and sweating... (that's home not work)

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

Things I like:

OnePlus: Nothing. I enjoyed the OnePlus One. They shat all over OnePlus Two and OnePlus X users with software updates. Have no respect for them and wouldn't buy another device from them. Lots of 3/3T people are watching them VERY closely for software support over the next 12-24 months.

HTC: their designs and audio game. HTC is one of my favorite old 4 bands (along with Nokia, Moto and Sony; RIM gets an honorary mention here). HTC was my first smartphone so I always want them to do well and stop getting in their own way. Shout to the folks who know about HTC Manila.

Samsung: Nothing. Been there, done that. Only modern Samsung I came close to buying was a Note 5. I like their hardware a TON but I'd pick EMUI over TouchWiz/Grace UX/Samsung Experience all day. Much respect to the Galaxy S2 - the phone that let people know they were serious about Android.

LG: dual cams and audio. I like that thickness of the G6 (*cough* Libra *cough*). Dislike the bootloops. Would I buy a V20 over the Mi Note 2 as a do-over? It would have been the last carrier branded phone I'd buy when it was on sale for $320 including tax.

Nokia: dunno. They are like BB now so we will see. When I want Nokia as I remember, I yearn for a N-series (shout-out to those who used these) or a Lumia 925.

Huawei: hardware. I still say MIUI>EMUI>Samsung for my taste software wise.

BB: like the looks of the KeyOne. Battery and design is in my wheelhouse, along with the keyboard. I'm one of those who doesn't use Swype, so going back to a physical keyboard would be a shorter learning curve.

Moto: stock-ish software and design. But Moto hasn't made a top tier camera since before the X line. And they've shat over some phone owners (my former Moto Maxx/Droid Turbo people understand). I like the Z because it's different and I can get a Qi back. Otherwise, I'm watching them closely too.

Xiaomi: good value for money. They need to get their head out of their butts and into Eruope seriously in the next two years. MIUI is a heavy *** skin though. Need to see what they do with that over the next two years.

Apple: nothing. Been there, done that. Only phones they've made since I sold my iPhone 4 (their best design ever with the OG iPhone the second best) I'd consider are the SE and the iPhone 7. Don't need the app fatigue - that's why I left. 10(!) years to get a file manager? iTunes still as prevalent as ever? C'MON man!

MSFT? Check my screen name out to see what they're doing in the phone market.

Does this work for you?

What about Z Play? As I said, colleague got 11.5h SoT and swears the video stabilisation is better than one in S8. I'll post a video once I get my handa on PC later. Besides that, it's absolutely gorgeous.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)