WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Mohamed Ashid

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

I haven't but I have heard good things about the battery life. That red color is so striking.
Really? It has a 3000 mAh battery, feels small on a flagship. What harm would it do to put in a 4000 mAh one? I have the HTC 1 M8, it has also the same problem, a small battery....

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

PayPal is changing some of their policies and I'm a little bummed by one of them that will have me adjusting all of my subscriptions.

I have to look when it starts but they are now changing it to if you are paying for something using PayPal, it will automatically use your PayPal balance (if you have a balance), you wouldn't have the option to change it. I get how this is a good thing but I'm part of the small percent where it's not one.

I'm not a fan of Paypal to be honest. I'm happy that I usually have options other than Paypal to purchase things. They seem out to profit as much as possible from people.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Really? It has a 3000 mAh battery, feels small on a flagship. What harm would it do to put in a 4000 mAh one? I have the HTC 1 M8, it has also the same problem, a small battery....

I have heard that a lot about the M8, but in the case of the U11 and even the S8, battery mAh doesn't always tell the whole story. I have watched (and read) a couple of reviews and impressions and none have said that the battery life is bad.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

I'm not a fan of Paypal to be honest. I'm happy that I usually have options other than Paypal to purchase things. They seem out to profit as much as possible from people.

Hmm that's interesting to me that you feel that way about PayPal. I like it because it appears everywhere (which makes it easy for me), and additionally, it's another way for my method of payment to be secured. Also the buyer protection in there is generally solid.

Also transferring money to someone else is fast, much faster than a bank transfer is in my experience (which seems to only be fast if you have the same bank). People use all of these different apps that I'm not interested in bothering with (or I have no gain using) but a good number of people know PayPal.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Hmm that's interesting to me that you feel that way about PayPal. I like it because it appears everywhere (which makes it easy for me), and additionally, it's another way for my method of payment to be secured. Also the buyer protection in there is generally solid.

Also transferring money to someone else is fast, much faster than a bank transfer is in my experience (which seems to only be fast if you have the same bank). People use all of these different apps that I'm not interested in bothering with (or I have no gain using) but a good number of people know PayPal.

I think because in Europe (and Australi/Canada now I think) we have Visa/Mastercard debit cards most prefer to use them over other methods of payment. You also get payment protection and you don't pay a premium to use it.

If someone uses Paypal there is a percentage cost for the use.

I'm not saying it doesn't have it's advantages but if it's going to start costing me to use it then I'm not interested at all.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

I think because in Europe (and Australi/Canada now I think) we have Visa/Mastercard debit cards most prefer to use them over other methods of payment. You also get payment protection and you don't pay a premium to use it.

If someone uses Paypal there is a percentage cost for the use.

I'm not saying it doesn't have it's advantages but if it's going to start costing me to use it then I'm not interested at all.

Ah okay, I see. That makes sense. You're just advanced over there.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

PayPal is changing some of their policies and I'm a little bummed by one of them that will have me adjusting all of my subscriptions.

I have to look when it starts but they are now changing it to if you are paying for something using PayPal, it will automatically use your PayPal balance (if you have a balance), you wouldn't have the option to change it. I get how this is a good thing but I'm part of the small percent where it's not one.
Agreed. I used to like that feature.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Better Qualcomm chip + better software optimization by HTC.

It always boils down to people's usage. If you live on your phone, you're gonna charge it daily at minimum. I never listen to things like screen on time as a benchmark for how well a battery performs.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I'm down with it and I'll drink it in as much as I can haha.

If they updated the OnePlus X (I know that they won't), I would order it instantly.
That's a S801A chip, so not happening. I meant I don't hate OnePlus - I respect their models now being the defacto mid phone and for people who want a more "affordable flagship", but I don't care for them in terms of business practices - software support with the OnePlus X and 2 especially.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

So I swing by the long time repair guy I use to have him work on two old tablets the GF's nieces wrecked the screens. I walk in, he looks up and smiles:

"Long time no see. So what project did you bring me today?"

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

It is vastly different here in the US. A MD/GP has discretionary ability to refill existing ongoing scripts that have been written by someone who was recently seen by a psychiatrist. Substances with highly addictive (and thus strong black market value) potential like Xanax a MD/GP cannot prescribe without special licensure that's heavy regulated. Does that get abused? Of course, because nefarious individuals inhabit all professions and nefarious clients exist. This is why some MD/GP will choose not to refill scripts for people between psychiatrists. That's a massive issue for service providers because what's often done here is a psychiatric assessment before issuing of medication - there's a backlog (aka wait time) for this. While making it discretionary for MD/GP to do so helps to protect the service providers from the few nefarious individuals as service seekers, it screws up others. So when you have those in-between clients where medication access is an issue as without it symptoms return very quickly, service providers have get down and dirty and problem solve these issues fast.

Psychiatrists here have the ability to choose whether they want to do full service (counseling + medication management) or to focus on medication management on a team where the individual counseling is done by counselors/psychologists/social workers. There's more money to be made in straight mediation management and some choose that, but for others it's a practical choice where you have a small team of service providers serving a few communities where it is more practical for the psychiatrist to outsource much of the counseling services because of the sheer volume of individuals seeking services. Even though some psychiatrists who do straight mediation management may literally ask a few questions and write the scirpt, others may do a small bit of additional supportive therapy.

This discussion can get complicated and tangental really quick talking about roles and access and how the system is structured, when trauma occurs from receiving mental health services, etc. Like anything involving humans, it is multilayered and not easily solvable.
In my case, I got referrals to a therapist and a psychiatrist from my GP. The therapist and psychiatrist have offices across the hall from each other.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss