WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

After watching his video and reading your comment, I had to find out when the OnePlus 2 was released. I was surprised to see that it isn't *that* old to get the treatment that it got.
There's a lot of backstory behind this, but my point is that if Sony(!) was able to update the Z3+ to 7.0, OnePlus has no excuse.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Debit cards lack the protection offered by credit cards or PayPal here in the US.
I know. Canada and Australia were both like that. I didn't know a Visa debit existed until wife's family came to visit us in 2008. They've had them for years here. It was it on 2007 when we got married in Finland... Anyway...

Australia just changed recently I'm not entirely sure about all of Canada but I believe my mum's got a Visa or MasterCard debit now as well.

I think they're great personally. Not as perfect as a credit card or PayPal but good enough.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

They are actually kind of good. Not very spicy/hot.
They don't make chips all that hot I think for legal reasons.

Doritos had this mix bag over here where there were some hot spicy ones in it. They called them Roulettes. They weren't that hot and spicy but still got complaints.

Then again, it takes a lot to impress me when it comes to hot and spicy.

meattray

Surface Pro 4 Champion
Feb 15, 2017
Visit site

well found the KEYone at a store today. none actually in stock but one on display. Nice looking device. Seems a touch slower than the S8 but nothing major.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

well found the KEYone at a store today. none actually in stock but one on display. Nice looking device. Seems a touch slower than the S8 but nothing major.
Oh, I forgot!

Went looking for the Key One and didn't see it. Saw the U11 and in typical Sprint fashion, you cannot hold the phone in your hand. What I was able to touch I really liked. It reminds me of the 10 last year...I like what I see.

Last edited:

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

They are actually kind of good. Not very spicy/hot.

My favorite spicy chips of all time - Poore Brothers Habanero. Not available in California near my place in a 50 mile radius. Probably ate a bag every week when I was in Arizona. For a slightly less kick I would eat their Jalapeno chips.

Habanero « Inventure Foods

Jalapeno « Inventure Foods

meattray

Surface Pro 4 Champion
Feb 15, 2017
Visit site

Oh, I forgot!

Went looking for the Key One and didn't see it. Saw the U11 and in typical Sprint fashion, you cannot hold the phone in your hand. What I was able to touch I really liked. It reminds me of the 10 last year...I like what I see.

Yeah I couldn't hold this one in hand either which was one thing I really wanted to do as well. That was one of the main things I was curious about. Think I'm leaning towards the S8 but going to do more research tonight. Who knows maybe I'll change my mind and get the g6 or the iPhone 7 plus haha

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Yeah I couldn't hold this one in hand either which was one thing I really wanted to do as well. That was one of the main things I was curious about. Think I'm leaning towards the S8 but going to do more research tonight. Who knows maybe I'll change my mind and get the g6 or the iPhone 7 plus haha
How are you planning to use the phone?

meattray

Surface Pro 4 Champion
Feb 15, 2017
Visit site

I want a great camera, good battery life or minimum fast charge. Will use for both work and play so productivity is always big on my mind as I hammer through a lot of emails and things.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I want a great camera, good battery life or minimum fast charge. Will use for both work and play so productivity is always big on my mind as I hammer through a lot of emails and things.
Ok. That's a lot. Depends on where you want to make some trade off, but you've got a good list to pick from. Seems though if you don't mind Samsung, this smells like a Note phone...

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

They don't make chips all that hot I think for legal reasons.

Doritos had this mix bag over here where there were some hot spicy ones in it. They called them Roulettes. They weren't that hot and spicy but still got complaints.

Then again, it takes a lot to impress me when it comes to hot and spicy.
Hmm, sounds like you are talking from experience (in reference to the hot and spicy thing). I'm curious.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Ooh very cool. I hope you find your device middle ground. MIA or 99 (or both of them really) would help here.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Opened the Moto G5 Plus, it feels a little wide.

Early impressions:
-The Gold is really gold. I mean, it's a little deeper than the iPhone gold imo.
-I really like how clean it is, it looks like there's only 2 Moto apps.
-Not sure why I can't uninstall Duo (I disabled it though).
-Camera is OK with my play tests.
-It feels wide to me to use with one hand.
-The one button navigation is interesting. (I just had to try it)
-It's an interesting adjustment that the single speaker is at the top.

I guess I should redownload all of my apps again. Ah, I really don't feel like it though.

Last edited:

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Opened the Moto G5 Plus, it feels a little wide.

Early impressions:
-The Gold is really gold. I mean, it's a little deeper than the iPhone gold imo.
-I really like how clean it is, it looks like there's only 2 Moto apps.
-Not sure why I can't uninstall Duo (I disabled it though).
-Camera is OK with my play tests.
-It feels wide to me to use with one hand.
-The one button navigation is interesting. (I just had to try it)
-It's an interesting adjustment that the single speaker is at the top.

I guess I should redownload all of my apps again. Ah, I really don't feel like it though.

"It feels wide to me to use with one hand" - She said.

(But I thought you could adjust to make it work?)

Now that's out of the way, Moto uses a AOSP like build. Therefore some apps we could junk like Duo don't get the uninstall treatment. Also, I think Google has changed what combo of apps OEMs need to allow to pass certification. So it could be that.

It's a solid phone for the $ for sure. I'll be interested to see how that works for you as you test it.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

"It feels wide to me to use with one hand" - She said.

(But I thought you could adjust to make it work?)

Now that's out of the way, Moto uses a AOSP like build. Therefore some apps we could junk like Duo don't get the uninstall treatment. Also, I think Google has changed what combo of apps OEMs need to allow to pass certification. So it could be that.

It's a solid phone for the $ for sure. I'll be interested to see how that works for you as you test it.
I don't know, we'll see.

It's either one button navigation or small screen temporarily.

I have noticed that and I think you are right about that. The question is what sim I should put in this phone for the few weeks I have it.

I totally agree about the value, it's amazing.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

Not to speak for Laura or anyone else for that matter.

Though your sentiment is nice, that's not what depression is. In reality, there's still lots of research to be done into it. It's a very complex condition since it involves our most important organ, our brain.

Currently we use drugs to help. There's some scepticism of whether these actually work or are good. At this stage, the consensus is that it's 'better than nothing' as they are shown to help. The bad part of these drugs tend to be the side effects.

Unfortunately these drugs are being dished out far too easily (most professionals agree with this) and I highly disagree with that. Everyone has bad times, that's part of life, using drugs doesn't solve the problem.

For some people however, these drugs can be a life saver and life changer. I don't believe though that they should be a long term solution and counselling should be part of the package.

Seeking help is usually the first step to recovery. Sometimes even realising you need help is the hard part.

Depression is a mental condition that can have serious consequences which can lead to physical harm if not treated. It's more than just about the past, the present or the future. It's a combination of things that we simply don't understand. As we simply don't know why someone feels like they do. What causes it and what to do exactly to fix it. That's the simple reality. We have 'ideas' that work but it's not perfect. Each person's situation and condition is unique. There is no simple solution.

That's where we are with mental health. We're still at early stages because it's one of those things that doesn't get discussed enough. That's not to say it's all bad, it's actually good that we have solutions that work. Just need to be better.

What you've stated is spot-on.

Depression is more than just an issue that requires positive thinking. It's more like a situation where one knows what should make one feel better but cannot even do that. For example, a person might know that taking a shower and going for a walk on a nice day is enjoyable and feels good, but he or she cannot even get the energy to get out of bed, take a shower, and go for a walk. There might even be physical pain along with the lack of energy. Also, anxiety frequently accompanies depression, so there might also be thoughts of dreading leaving one's house to take a walk. There are many other symptoms, but those two are some common examples.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

What you've stated is spot-on.

Depression is more than just an issue that requires positive thinking. It's more like a situation where one knows what should make one feel better but cannot even do that. For example, a person might know that taking a shower and going for a walk on a nice day is enjoyable and feels good, but he or she cannot even get the energy to get out of bed, take a shower, and go for a walk. There might even be physical pain along with the lack of energy. Also, anxiety frequently accompanies depression, so there might also be thoughts of dreading leaving one's house to take a walk. There are many other symptoms, but those two are some common examples.
Ibid.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

I am so tempted to put my main sim in this phone but I'm going to put in my second sim instead. More apps than my Lumia, haha.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99