WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Oh saw you guys talking about word games, and I wanted to share this one that I found:

ZType – Typing Game - Type to Shoot

They have desktop and mobile versions available. What it is, is like an arcade shooter where the enemies are "words" that you have to type out the word to shoot them down. The words get progressively longer and harder as you go. Pretty interesting as a way to improve typing skills I think!

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

Oh saw you guys talking about word games, and I wanted to share this one that I found:

ZType – Typing Game - Type to Shoot

They have desktop and mobile versions available. What it is, is like an arcade shooter where the enemies are "words" that you have to type out the word to shoot them down. The words get progressively longer and harder as you go. Pretty interesting as a way to improve typing skills I think!

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Sup gang! Just checking in, hope everyone is doing well!

Congrats to MIA and Shu! (I saw your status updates)

As for me, SSDD...

I had my gaming rig go down a few days ago. :( the old original first gen "Bloomfield" i7 920 finally bit the dust. It's either that or the X58 motherboard... but I don't have a spare CPU to test the board with, nor do I have a spare socket 1366 motherboard to test the processor with, but it's one of the two, or both!

I left it running idle at the desktop the other day, and came home a few hours later to find it frozen/locked up. I attempted to reboot it, and it went into a pre-post boot loop, never making it past post beep. I tried everything with the memory sticks; one at a time, in different slots, pulled the motherboard to breadboard it on the desk... nothing :(

I guess it's been well over due to upgrade anyway. So now, since I'm extremely poor and won't have the money to buy anything anytime soon, I've got plenty of time to do some research and homework on what I might upgrade to. I'm really hoping my GTX970 and my PSU are still ok!

I've been looking at the new Ryzen 1600 CPU. It looks like it packs a lot of bang for the buck. Either that or a comparable i5. Either one should be a substantial upgrade over what I had.

I'm sorry about your rig dying on you, that's a bummer. I don't know anything about PCs but I hope you'll get the best option for what you do get down the line.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Sup gang! Just checking in, hope everyone is doing well!

Congrats to MIA and Shu! (I saw your status updates)

As for me, SSDD...

I had my gaming rig go down a few days ago. :( the old original first gen "Bloomfield" i7 920 finally bit the dust. It's either that or the X58 motherboard... but I don't have a spare CPU to test the board with, nor do I have a spare socket 1366 motherboard to test the processor with, but it's one of the two, or both!

I left it running idle at the desktop the other day, and came home a few hours later to find it frozen/locked up. I attempted to reboot it, and it went into a pre-post boot loop, never making it past post beep. I tried everything with the memory sticks; one at a time, in different slots, pulled the motherboard to breadboard it on the desk... nothing :(

I guess it's been well over due to upgrade anyway. So now, since I'm extremely poor and won't have the money to buy anything anytime soon, I've got plenty of time to do some research and homework on what I might upgrade to. I'm really hoping my GTX970 and my PSU are still ok!

I've been looking at the new Ryzen 1600 CPU. It looks like it packs a lot of bang for the buck. Either that or a comparable i5. Either one should be a substantial upgrade over what I had.
Thanks, Ed!

I'm just drowning in some 70s Funk/R&B Soul. Posted the playlist here yesterday...

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

I'm sorry about your rig dying on you, that's a bummer. I don't know anything about PCs but I hope you'll get the best option for what you do get down the line.
No worries, I've been needing a reason to upgrade this old hardware for a while now.. it's just that it's an expense that I wasn't planning on all of a sudden.

I've been playing a LOT of Clash Royale and Clash of Clans this week! LOL

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Yesterday, I have learned why people bundle together on group phone plans. One line can be on the pricey side to have unlimited data for. Really don't need unlimited though at all.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Yesterday, I have learned why people bundle together on group phone plans. One line can be on the pricey side to have unlimited data for. Really don't need unlimited though at all.
It's better to have a bunch of chatterboxes and data hogs share an unlimited plan as the alternative is just too expensive. My most important need is the discounted international calling...

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

It's better to have a bunch of chatterboxes and data hogs share an unlimited plan as the alternative is just too expensive. My most important need is the discounted international calling...

That's true and I can understand that totally. Breaking off of the plan hurt...for the difference I will be paying temporarily but for the sake of my peace of mind, I'm glad that I did. If I wanted to play with fire, I would do minutes too but my sister likes to talk so I can't.

My mom uses an app called Rebtel for international calling, but it's basically a digital calling card that never expires.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

That's true and I can understand that totally. Breaking off of the plan hurt...for the difference I will be paying temporarily but for the sake of my peace of mind, I'm glad that I did. If I wanted to play with fire, I would do minutes too but my sister likes to talk so I can't.

My mom uses an app called Rebtel for international calling, but it's basically a digital calling card that never expires.
I'm too lazy...I'm on an ancient $5 per month extra (promotion rate) feature that lets me pay $.50 per minute. I need to have the ability to call home from my regular number, so I do it like that. Instead of this $2 per minute and $15 a month for the discounted calling.

When t-mobile tried to drop my discounted $5 calling, I nearly flipped out as they hit my with full price and tripled my bill on month I had to make some calls at home. They fixed it mighty quick though...

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

I'm too lazy...I'm on an ancient $5 per month extra (promotion rate) feature that lets me pay $.50 per minute. I need to have the ability to call home from my regular number, so I do it like that. Instead of this $2 per minute and $15 a month for the discounted calling.

When t-mobile tried to drop my discounted $5 calling, I nearly flipped out as they hit my with full price and tripled my bill on month I had to make some calls at home. They fixed it mighty quick though...

Nicee! I don't blame you for doing that, and they were wrong in trying to one up you there. Aside from some stupid things they do, I like them as a company and what they have done to the industry, and I'm sure you probably have great coverage from them.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Nicee! I don't blame you for doing that, and they were wrong in trying to one up you there. Aside from some stupid things they do, I like them as a company and what they have done to the industry, and I'm sure you probably have great coverage from them.
All these companies do boneheaded **** sometimes. They cut corners like OnePlus, but unlike OnePlus, at least they're more desirable to investors.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb