WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

All these companies do boneheaded **** sometimes. They cut corners like OnePlus, but unlike OnePlus, at least they're more desirable to investors.

That's so true. I should give some context to my previous comment which made me say that.

The way they tried to one up you, was one reason why I said that comment. The other reason is because I went from having service to having no service randomly today.

I believe this was to do with my account being officially separated but it's like they did that and then they forgot to flip the switch. Thankfully I had my other phone to call them to fix it on their end. I was shocked that happened though. The one time having 2 phones was useful for me xd

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

Sup gang! Just checking in, hope everyone is doing well!

Congrats to MIA and Shu! (I saw your status updates)

As for me, SSDD...

I had my gaming rig go down a few days ago. :( the old original first gen "Bloomfield" i7 920 finally bit the dust. It's either that or the X58 motherboard... but I don't have a spare CPU to test the board with, nor do I have a spare socket 1366 motherboard to test the processor with, but it's one of the two, or both!

I left it running idle at the desktop the other day, and came home a few hours later to find it frozen/locked up. I attempted to reboot it, and it went into a pre-post boot loop, never making it past post beep. I tried everything with the memory sticks; one at a time, in different slots, pulled the motherboard to breadboard it on the desk... nothing :(

I guess it's been well over due to upgrade anyway. So now, since I'm extremely poor and won't have the money to buy anything anytime soon, I've got plenty of time to do some research and homework on what I might upgrade to. I'm really hoping my GTX970 and my PSU are still ok!

I've been looking at the new Ryzen 1600 CPU. It looks like it packs a lot of bang for the buck. Either that or a comparable i5. Either one should be a substantial upgrade over what I had.

Well hello there Ed, glad to see you!

As for the GTX, I've got no doubts that it'll last for many more gaming hours to come. I remember when you bought it with that The Division bundle (it was Division right?), It wasn't that long ago really.

And I'm sorry to hear about the CPU, even though it was about the time :D.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

Am I the only one who's never used plans? I'm still on the standard 0.14€/min that comes as a default when you buy a SIM. Never been a fan of plans, mostly because they offer very little, at least that's case here.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

It' official, the entrance exam is on 12. of July at 10. A welcoming change is that we now have 120 minutes, instead of previous 90 minutes. That's a serious game changer. I can take all time I need for those 4-5 analythics and trigonometry assignments.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

On the other hand, not so great news is that for choosing the wrong answer, you get 0.5 negative points.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

It' official, the entrance exam is on 12. of July at 10. A welcoming change is that we now have 120 minutes, instead of previous 90 minutes. That's a serious game changer. I can take all time I need for those 4-5 analythics and trigonometry assignments.
Good luck on your exams!😊

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Good luck!

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

Here's a better hair product sign at CVS.
e80b69f911cb1bb0299bf7292a267265.jpg

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

After 48 hours with the Moto G5 Plus, I'm still impressed. Battery life is as good as they say, and it charges really fast too. Performance is nice still. Camera seems to be on and off. Sometimes it's solid, other times not as much. I had a call today and it sounded good as well. I do really enjoy what this phone packs and I could see myself using something with similar specs + performance. My hand has somewhat adjusted to using it with one hand.

For me, the only thing that really holds me back from keeping it for myself is the size. I can't get past it. I could see myself trying to deal with it but then it would secretly annoy me. I keep saying that it is a great phone...and it is.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

That's so true. I should give some context to my previous comment which made me say that.

The way they tried to one up you, was one reason why I said that comment. The other reason is because I went from having service to having no service randomly today.

I believe this was to do with my account being officially separated but it's like they did that and then they forgot to flip the switch. Thankfully I had my other phone to call them to fix it on their end. I was shocked that happened though. The one time having 2 phones was useful for me xd

On the T-Mobile count, I just learned that there was an outage around the time my phone had no signal for a good amount of the East Coast. I take back my words. It's always weird when that happens.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Am I the only one who's never used plans? I'm still on the standard 0.14€/min that comes as a default when you buy a SIM. Never been a fan of plans, mostly because they offer very little, at least that's case here.
Contracts in every country is different.

The main reason why they're so popular for some people is that it allows them to get the best phone for their money. Many can't buy a phone outright.

I'm on a monthly SIM which gives me unlimited texts, 600 minutes of calls (I don't call that many people) and 30GB of data which is the more important thing for me. It's a monthly bill but it's only £18/m.

Contract phones have gotten a lot more expensive here. It's one of the reasons why I avoid them. Because it's like you said you get less but pay more.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Good luck!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Anyone paying attention to the UK news in regards to Brexit may have heard the UK PM made a speech yesterday concerning EU citizens.

What I can tell you at this moment is that there isn't enough detail for anyone to make an assessment and there's a few phrases that are questionable.

As far as I can tell, without knowing the details, what's been offered is fairly basic, not much different than what's currently in place and hasn't managed to ease many people minds.

Until we see the details on Monday we're still in the dark on a few things.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

Contracts in every country is different.

The main reason why they're so popular for some people is that it allows them to get the best phone for their money. Many can't buy a phone outright.

I'm on a monthly SIM which gives me unlimited texts, 600 minutes of calls (I don't call that many people) and 30GB of data which is the more important thing for me. It's a monthly bill but it's only £18/m.

Contract phones have gotten a lot more expensive here. It's one of the reasons why I avoid them. Because it's like you said you get less but pay more.

That's a nice plan, altough I couldn't spend all that time talking to people either. While the 30GB is more than welcome and the price is just about right.

I can't really see myself spending that many minutes talking to others. I regularly buy credits for 3-4€, and I really don't spend the whole amount in a month time. That tiny part that does get spent goes on buying 3G internet (yup, 4G just entered testing phase here ha ha).

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

It looks like today will be the last day of me carrying two phones. I'm really pleased about that.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Anyone paying attention to the UK news in regards to Brexit may have heard the UK PM made a speech yesterday concerning EU citizens.

What I can tell you at this moment is that there isn't enough detail for anyone to make an assessment and there's a few phrases that are questionable.

As far as I can tell, without knowing the details, what's been offered is fairly basic, not much different than what's currently in place and hasn't managed to ease many people minds.

Until we see the details on Monday we're still in the dark on a few things.

Waiting for more details feels hard sometimes, especially for something this big.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo