WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Man, I guess I forgot to put my sarcasm disclaimer in there.
My bad...
I saw it but was so far into typing the reply, I just continued.

I'm noticing my humor has disappeared (like Trump's efforts to get Mexico to pay for the border wall or the calls to lock up "Crooked Hillary") over the past 2 years. Need to find where I put it up...

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Hmm, I am actually considering trying the Virgin Mobile thing. Since I already have another line (that no one has the number to), I can port that line and do testing. Thinking about it, since it wouldn't be much of a loss, aside from the whole carrying 2 phones thing.

Carrying 2 phones is annoying BUT in the name of testing, I could possibly deal for a short period of time. We'll see.
On second thought, not going to do it. Porting is really simple but I can't be bothered to continue having 2 phones and 2 phone numbers, along with being concerned if said phones have enough juice for the work day. If not, we have two chargers.

Now that the switch is complete, I'm looking forward to being light again.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

I saw it but was so far into typing the reply, I just continued.

I'm noticing my humor has disappeared (like Trump's efforts to get Mexico to pay for the border wall or the calls to lock up "Crooked Hillary") over the past 2 years. Need to find where I put it up...

Mexico. Will. Pay.

meattray

Surface Pro 4 Champion
Feb 15, 2017
Visit site

On second thought, not going to do it. Porting is really simple but I can't be bothered to continue having 2 phones and 2 phone numbers, along with being concerned if said phones have enough juice for the work day. If not, we have two chargers.

Now that the switch is complete, I'm looking forward to being light again.

What did you decide to go with? The 7 with the battery pack or the SE?

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

So why the SE? Just the size?

The size and battery life, and I still find it fascinating. The 7 was not as interesting to me and without the battery case, the battery life was just okay.

With the 7, data speeds were faster (obviously) but I still had stuttering at work and cannot connect to app store messages at that too (never mind the random dead zones I came across at work and other places I go to somewhat often), regardless of the tech in my phone. I had another SE to test the other network (which I unlocked and sold that too) and I had better connectivity along with no stuttering even though the radios are older.

I realized that in this case, it's not the phone, it's the network. I basically only got the 7 to get around the network issues and I figure why not just use the phone I want to use (which has better battery life at that), just on a better network? So I did it.

meattray

Surface Pro 4 Champion
Feb 15, 2017
Visit site

The size and battery life, and I still find it fascinating. The 7 was not as interesting to me and without the battery case, the battery life was just okay.

With the 7, data speeds were faster (obviously) but I still had stuttering at work and cannot connect to app store messages at that too (never mind the random dead zones I came across at work and other places I go to somewhat often), regardless of the tech in my phone. I had another SE to test the other network (which I unlocked and sold that too) and I had better connectivity along with no stuttering even though the radios are older.

I realized that in this case, it's not the phone, it's the network. I basically only got the 7 to get around the network issues and I figure why not just use the phone I want to use (which has better battery life at that), just on a better network? So I did it.

That's great. It's nice to find something that works.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

That's great. It's nice to find something that works.
Thanks!

Additionally, I have tried a lot of phones and this is the only one I keep coming back to. I have a friend with an SE (twinning because we both got ours at launch last year) and another with either a 5 or 5S (her bigger iPhone 6 was stolen so she went back to that) and every time I see them use their phones, I missed it hard and lusted for it.

The compromises with it are worth it for me. In fact, it is the only phone that I have never considered selling. I thought of the idea with the Pixel but nah. Everything else I have touched/owned has been sold or I currently am doing that.

meattray

Surface Pro 4 Champion
Feb 15, 2017
Visit site

That's interesting. Very cool to see what works for each person. I've often considered picking up an SE just to give it a test drive as a second device due to the size but haven't done it yet. maybe one of these days.

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

Been looking at the AM3/AM3+ platform as a cheap gaming PC replacement for the time being. Even an FX8350 would be a substantial upgrade over my i7920, and would come in about 40-50 bucks cheaper than a Ryzen 1600(AM4) motherboard/CPU and RAM combo...

Ugh.. I just need to cough up the extra money and go for the latest I reckon. Damn it sucks pinching pennies!!

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

With the PC down, I have been spending a lot of time on the 7 Plus! I've gone naked btw... something about this sleek Jet Black finish is just so sexy... albeit slippery as hell!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077