WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

That's interesting. Very cool to see what works for each person. I've often considered picking up an SE just to give it a test drive as a second device due to the size but haven't done it yet. maybe one of these days.
I agree with you about that. Everyone has different reasons why a phone may or may not work for them. After going through so many, I have learned that size and battery life are primarily most important for me and a solid camera is secondary.

Like this G5 Plus is really good, but can't get past the size of it. I would recommend trying out the SE for sure but I'm curious how that S8 is working out for you so far.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

This Mi Note 2's camera...in great light...
652bef534105ea1ec3a34390e0c61d77.jpg

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

Been looking at the AM3/AM3+ platform as a cheap gaming PC replacement for the time being. Even an FX8350 would be a substantial upgrade over my i7920, and would come in about 40-50 bucks cheaper than a Ryzen 1600(AM4) motherboard/CPU and RAM combo...

Ugh.. I just need to cough up the extra money and go for the latest I reckon. Damn it sucks pinching pennies!!

It's always cheaper to buy more expensive parts. Get a 6th or 7th gen i7, 1080 (if you got enough cash consider the Ti) and crazy amount of RAM, I'd say 16 gigs but I'm a bit afraid to spill it out. Then a nice 1TB HDD and a much smaller SSD to load a system on and that's it.

I was a bit crazy about the RAM since the games that are coming out each year less and less optimised, while becoming more and more demanding.

As far as storage goes, never enough of it. And since I know you're a hardcore gamer, you'll definitely need it. Heck this just-released game (can't remember which one, spent 10 minutes trying to figure out) takes 120 GB of storage. That's insane.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

I remember games, good games, taking less than 700MB of storage. You could fit them on just one CD-R and have a whole bunch of on your PC. Back in around 2006-7, I had a PC with 60ish GB of HDD, 512 MB DDR1 RAM, nVidia GeForce 6200 256MB GPU and a single core Intel Pentium 4 at a 2.0 GHz rate. That was a beast of a PC. Played NFS Carbon, San Andreas, Max Payne, whatever you want with an ease.

meattray

Surface Pro 4 Champion
Feb 15, 2017
Visit site

I agree with you about that. Everyone has different reasons why a phone may or may not work for them. After going through so many, I have learned that size and battery life are primarily most important for me and a solid camera is secondary.

Like this G5 Plus is really good, but can't get past the size of it. I would recommend trying out the SE for sure but I'm curious how that S8 is working out for you so far.

Love it so far. Just a beautiful screen. TouchWiz isn't so bad anymore. Very quick phone. Great camera. Battery life is good enough so far but haven't really had many full cycles yet. So far so good though

meattray

Surface Pro 4 Champion
Feb 15, 2017
Visit site

I remember games, good games, taking less than 700MB of storage. You could fit them on just one CD-R and have a whole bunch of on your PC. Back in around 2006-7, I had a PC with 60ish GB of HDD, 512 MB DDR1 RAM, nVidia GeForce 6200 256MB GPU and a single core Intel Pentium 4 at a 2.0 GHz rate. That was a beast of a PC. Played NFS Carbon, San Andreas, Max Payne, whatever you want with an ease.

I remember games that used to come on like 4 CDs. You'd be in the middle of the game and then "insert disc 2" to keep rolling. Good times.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

I remember games that used to come on like 4 CDs. You'd be in the middle of the game and then "insert disc 2" to keep rolling. Good times.

I think GTA: Vice City was one of those. I remember typing in the SEAWAYS cheatcode, get in a car and head to the sea, then after a few minutes you'd get that message. Man, definitely good times.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

My first PC, since I'm not that old, was powered by Pentium 2 I believe. Can't remember anything else related to it really, except that it ran Windows 98 which took 30 minutes to boot up.

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

Ok so how do I like Moto Z so far? Actually quite a lot. Love the screen and ambient display. AMOLED is thing to have and ambient display works soo well. I got used to size, it doesn't feel too big anymore. Battery is surprise, I'm really getting over 3h SOT. Camera is mostly fine, haven't used it too much. If anyone has any question got me up.
One picture taken with it today while helping mum out on the garden.
2bfed7b49c6fdb6e3308c2591d809134.jpg

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

It's always cheaper to buy more expensive parts. Get a 6th or 7th gen i7, 1080 (if you got enough cash consider the Ti) and crazy amount of RAM, I'd say 16 gigs but I'm a bit afraid to spill it out. Then a nice 1TB HDD and a much smaller SSD to load a system on and that's it.

I was a bit crazy about the RAM since the games that are coming out each year less and less optimised, while becoming more and more demanding.

As far as storage goes, never enough of it. And since I know you're a hardcore gamer, you'll definitely need it. Heck this just-released game (can't remember which one, spent 10 minutes trying to figure out) takes 120 GB of storage. That's insane.
Dude, all I need is a CPU, motherboard and ram. I've got a 3TB storage drive and the new ssd. And I'm going to continue on with the 970.
Extremely tight budget here..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo