WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

I was referring to the high school. As prior to college or university. There's many students who go to these institutions and take biology and get shocked that evolution is the main topic of discussion.

Not to beat up religion, but it's been the number one source for any hindrance in our scientific study. Everything from Galileo to Darwin. Religion holds us back, because we need 'mystery' or whatever else they think...

The bigger issue with denying evolution is the that it relies on all the other sciences to hold up it's proofs. If you start saying that evolution is wrong, that means, astrophysics is wrong, physics is wrong, geological science is wrong, chemistry is wrong, you get my point.

Of course, evolution on it's own is a real science. It's used in medicine mostly at the moment but just like any other science it has it's own predictions and theories within it. Not to mention it's tested as well. Evolution basically gets tested hundreds of times daily. It still holds up.

But the fundamentalists don't like it because it says something about the world they don't like. Something about life they don't like. Well, that's too bad really, because it's real and true.

I agree. But what I don't get is why would they have trouble believing in both god and evolution. Evolution doesn't contradict the teaching that god created a man, it just goes a bit further to explain - one way of seeing it if you already believe in god.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

It's been hot and humid here. The walk in the hills was great though.

Ended the day by the beach for some breath taking atmosphere.

(Tanjung Aru beach, Kota Kinabalu)

http://i.imgur.com/fAPjcdH.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/3OmX9cc.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/xUpZXD7.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/UvkTJze.jpg

Took some shots in portrait mode, but can't seem to upload using WC app

...!!

Super great shots! Like they've been staged and taken by a pro.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

Actually it climbed to 108 F or 42C.
Today it's gonna be a lot cooler.

That's just crazy. I remember one year, like ten years ago or so, the temperatures got to almost 50°C. That was the highest temperature I've ever experienced, and it was suffering.

I prefer 26, to max 28. Can't get better than that.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I agree. But what I don't get is why would they have trouble believing in both god and evolution. Evolution doesn't contradict the teaching that god created a man, it just goes a bit further to explain - one way of seeing it if you already believe in god.

I purely scientific view of evolution excludes god completely. There's no need for one, for starters. Actually, all 'real' science excludes 'god', whichever you like to believe in.

However, most get stuck on the idea that we're apes and that we had a common ancestor with other apes, monkey's... everything, going back about 4 billion years... that's evolution.

You are a distant relative of a mushroom, banana, ant, tree, grass, bacteria... etc..

That seems to upset the fundamentalist. Especially those that are 'young earth' creationists who believe the earth is 6-10 thousand years old. They're completely against science, unless it helps them live (well some believe in healing...), then it's ok, just don't mention that other 'stuff'...

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

I purely scientific view of evolution excludes god completely. There's no need for one, for starters. Actually, all 'real' science excludes 'god', whichever you like to believe in.

However, most get stuck on the idea that we're apes and that we had a common ancestor with other apes, monkey's... everything, going back about 4 billion years... that's evolution.

You are a distant relative of a mushroom, banana, ant, tree, grass, bacteria... etc..

That seems to upset the fundamentalist. Especially those that are 'young earth' creationists who believe the earth is 6-10 thousand years old. They're completely against science, unless it helps them live (well some believe in healing...), then it's ok, just don't mention that other 'stuff'...

6-10 thousand years old, that's a good one. I also like to read and watch flat earth science videos. They can amuse a man for a while.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Willing to clarify it a bit?

It's a bit difficult to go through everything but in a nutshell.

UK created a new 'status', this is, from what I can tell the exact same thing as permanent residence except it's 'easier' for an EU citizen to get.

So this means after 5 years in the UK an EU citizen can get this new status.

It also has the same issues as permanent residency meaning that if you're out of the country for two years you lose it. So you need to have UK citizenship if you want any form of 'free movement'.

They also don't want the EU court of justice having any say.

So technically, they're removing the EU citizen's status as it is and making them permanent based on this new status and you need to do more if you want 'free movement'.

So it's generally crap compared to what UK citizens will be getting living in the EU.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

It's a bit difficult to go through everything but in a nutshell.

UK created a new 'status', this is, from what I can tell the exact same thing as permanent residence except it's 'easier' for an EU citizen to get.

So this means after 5 years in the UK an EU citizen can get this new status.

It also has the same issues as permanent residency meaning that if you're out of the country for two years you lose it. So you need to have UK citizenship if you want any form of 'free movement'.

They also don't want the EU court of justice having any say.

So technically, they're removing the EU citizen's status as it is and making them permanent based on this new status and you need to do more if you want 'free movement'.

So it's generally crap compared to what UK citizens will be getting living in the EU.

So they're basically reinventing the wheel, the wrong way.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

Thanks

This is one of the more popular beach here. I was hoping to get a clean uncluttered shot, but today is holiday, so it was doubly packed with tourist. They make nice silhouettes though

That's what made them so great.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Aw one of my coworkers gifted me a pair of earrings as a way to say thanks for a little thing that I do for her occasionally. That was really sweet and unexpected.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

So they're basically reinventing the wheel, the wrong way.
They're doing what they can to make the UK as unattractive for EU citizens as possible...

Well they already did that but this will just make it even more so.

This will make even more EU citizens leave and will prevent more from wanting to come work here. They're already doing this but I think this will make it clear the UK doesn't want them.

There's already a significant drop in EU applications for jobs in the UK.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077