WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

iOS 11 public beta is very laggy on my 6

You're brave to try the beta. I hate the possibility of not having things work when they should so it's hard for me to consider trying one.

Will you keep it on or will you downgrade?

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

I had keyboard issues with Swype on 10 which i hope will be solved in 11. It’s not.

It took about 10 seconds since i touched the entry from the Notification to the reply box in Tapatalk.

Ps. I’m not downgrading anymore.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

You're brave to try the beta. I hate the possibility of not having things work when they should so it's hard for me to consider trying one.

Will you keep it on or will you downgrade?
Using a beta on a daily driver is not being brave, it's being foolish. Just look at the comments here regarding Insider Previews.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Because while there are individual features I like, it doesn't feel as cohesive as it could be. It's still a very good handset, though.
Ohh okay. That sounds disappointing. Will you continue to try it out though, or probably not?

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

How's the battery life? I've read conflicting reports.

Sent from my Elite x3 on mTalk
Haven't popped the Sim there yet, and my unit has beta software on it...

But it seems to be along the lines of my G4, but a bit better. I have to tinker with it to see if I can root and manually update the software first, so it's a project.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Ohh okay. That sounds disappointing. Will you continue to try it out though, or probably not?
It's early days, so we will see as I'm still setting it up. But first impressions is that it's...OK.

Maybe it's LG's skin, but something says that it is missing something to be an even bigger home run. Still very solid though.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Now that the Moto E4 is out, it might be nice to try that for fun but I need some impressions of the unlocked model in my life first (I found one already but a review down the line would be nice). I know that I have a warped sense of fun xd I'm kind of wondering if I should have gotten that for my uncle instead but it's too late now since the estimated arrival time is cutting close to when they (my aunt and uncle) arrive. For now, I'll pass on that. I guess it's time for me to move my second sim out of the G5 Plus into the Lumia 650.

On another note, I will be returning the silver 64GB SE I bought on Friday. I learned yesterday that I only have 7 days to return a phone to cricket, which is too short (in general but especially for an indecisive person like me). Trying iOS 10 on it showed me that the battery drain isn't as bad as it was when I originally tried it in September. If/when Apple releases the SE 2 next year, I would be upset with myself knowing that I wasted money in the middle to change color (and storage), when I could have used that to upgrade to the new one. I'm going back to the original SE...with an iOS 10 upgrade shortly.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

It's early days, so we will see as I'm still setting it up. But first impressions is that it's...OK.

Maybe it's LG's skin, but something says that it is missing something to be an even bigger home run. Still very solid though.
Ooh okay, cool. I'm looking forward to your continued impressions and if they will feel the same or slightly change.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

I always thought LG skins were somewhat cartoonish. Just look at their icon packs, you almost expect to see Bugs & Daffy somewhere.

Sent from my Elite x3 on mTalk

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

As for the G5 Plus, it makes me like Motorola phones, if they can all be like that. I couldn't get over the size of it being too big for me so I will not miss it much in that way. As for what it offered, I would miss that for sure. The fact that it is better than my Lumia 650 makes the moving of sim a sad one.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

I finally woke up and decided to cancel my second line. I'm going to be good now and try to stick to my SE. MIA would probably like this decision.

One thing that makes this interesting for me is that I chose to return the 64GB SE today but I just found out that battery life on the SE is apparently better on 10.2.1 over 10.3.2. (The 64GB SE comes with 10.2.1.) I think I should do the right thing and return it though, and just wait for 10.3.3 to drop since the beta of it apparently has better battery life over the current version of iOS. I would like to get my hands on that beta but I don't want to feel stupid for doing it when I could have just waited for the actual release version to drop.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

In other news, work is a sauna. It's 88 F in my section so admin allowed us to go home for the day. So only 2 hours of work is legit!! Let's go return that phone!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

In other news, work is a sauna. It's 88 F in my section so admin allowed us to go home for the day. So only 2 hours of work is legit!! Let's go return that phone!

My work tends to be a fridge... to me anyway. Not entirely sure what they heck is wrong with HVAC system here but it's pretty crap. I'm freezing most days.

I was the same in Australia... but at least that made sense, it was typically over 30C out. Here it's only 20C and the bloody A/C is blasting.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

My work tends to be a fridge... to me anyway. Not entirely sure what they heck is wrong with HVAC system here but it's pretty crap. I'm freezing most days.

I was the same in Australia... but at least that made sense, it was typically over 30C out. Here it's only 20C and the bloody A/C is blasting.

Wow that sounds very cold. At least with cold, you can layer to a point unless it's like way too cold.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077