WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

So Android OEMs make hardware for it to be the next big hit and fully useful for today like the old featured phones of yesteryear...if it is a hit, it is more likely to get support consistently. If it flops, it is easier to bury. At least with Apple, while the softeare runs slower on plder hardware with each update, they have their hands in your pocket software wise so they still rack in the $$$.

Though I like Android it is one of the more frustrating aspects of the OS and ecosystem. I know Google is trying to fix this. I hope it's soon.

Also, the differences between Apple and Android are very apparent in the way they make money. I knew Apple had ridiculous control over how people purchase things. I believe that's one of Apple's downfalls, though many don't see it that way. Android suffers because of it's inability to capitalise this way.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Though I like Android it is one of the more frustrating aspects of the OS and ecosystem. I know Google is trying to fix this. I hope it's soon.

Also, the differences between Apple and Android are very apparent in the way they make money. I knew Apple had ridiculous control over how people purchase things. I believe that's one of Apple's downfalls, though many don't see it that way. Android suffers because of it's inability to capitalise this way.
Apple control is serious. I used iPhones back in the day when you had softcore apps with lingerie and pasties wearing models were around (shout out to those who know what I'm talking about). Apple stepped in and killed these for "morality and ensuring we have high quality apps" reasons.

I like you can root Android. I like the fact OEMs can do skins. What I don't like is the inconsistencies in support. Open alliance stated it's up to 24 months of software updates (much of that driven by the US carrier contract cycles). If Google were smart, they would go with 36 months of OS AND security updates for their phones. That justifies the premium​ price tag.

I didn't get a Pixel as it was too expensive, had lens flare issues and if I chose to keep it for 3 years, I'd get only 2/3 of that with OS updates. Buying a Pixel now gives me a year of OS updates. Makes no sense.

As much as people shat on Sony, while slower with updates, they support their stuff better than most. The Z3+ (a Z3 with the S810 gen 1 chip) runs 7.1.1, launched with 5.0.1. Z3 went from 4.4.4 to 5.0.1 to 5.1 to 6.0.1 (and likely would have seen 7.0). Hardware has matured enough where OEMs could streamline product lines and add a other 6-12 months of support to entrench users into their brand.

But hey, when you greed it, $$$ is all you see...

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I often find it funny when people think I'm not listening to them. I do listen, I just think their points are lacking evidence and are nonsense. For some reason, that seems to upset them.

So instead of addressing my points they just make more stuff up...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I often find it funny when people think I'm not listening to them. I do listen, I just think their points are lacking evidence and are nonsense. For some reason, that seems to upset them.

So instead of addressing my points they just make more stuff up...
You've got a way about tuning out whenever people are trying to shat crap that some folks just cannot appreciate...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I'm still in between about the V20. I'll make a concerted effort to see if I can flash the final software on it. My guess is I'll have to unlock the bootloader, but will LG allow me? It's essentially a loaner unit, after all...

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

So, quick update. 50% of my personal Brexit is in place. Still working on the other 50%.

It's a waiting game...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

So my friend who I bought her first smartphone as a gift a few years ago (HTC 8X), is looking for a phone recommendation. She's like Libra and prefers small phones (she's relatively petite and with smaller skinny fingers). Ordinarily, I'd suggest something like the S7 for her, but honestly I told her the iPhone SE.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

You'll be done soon enough where you can go home and hear the news about Mr. Trump speaking in Poland.

They had him on the BBC here and I didn't hear what he said but I can't stand the sight of him personally. Don't get me started on his inability to speak or make sentences.

I took quick look at a news site. It appears the Polish president went out of his way to make Thump feel good about himself... he's such a horrible individual.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

They had him on the BBC here and I didn't hear what he said but I can't stand the sight of him personally. Don't get me started on his inability to speak or make sentences.

I took quick look at a news site. It appears the Polish president went out of his way to make Thump feel good about himself... he's such a horrible individual.
Trump likes his ego (maybe the regular one and the one Beyonce was singing about) stroked so no surprises there...

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Trump likes his ego (maybe the regular one and the one Beyonce was singing about) stroked so no surprises there...

Probably the best thing the media could do is stop talking about him. :p

But then he'll just become more evil... :/

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

So my friend who I bought her first smartphone as a gift a few years ago (HTC 8X), is looking for a phone recommendation. She's like Libra and prefers small phones (she's relatively petite and with smaller skinny fingers). Ordinarily, I'd suggest something like the S7 for her, but honestly I told her the iPhone SE.

I hope she likes it! I tried the 8X and the size was great, I just hated that it never got 8.1.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Yes I know, unfortunately. I hate seeing him on my TV. Just as much as I hate see Maybot...
This reminds me of an old joke from back home...

So this man who really had a strong dislike for the sitting PM at the time (Michael Manley) was watching TV one day. Suddenly, there was PM Manley giving a speech. His wife in the other room heard a loud crash and the sound of breaking glass. She rushed in to see a broken window and an empty space in the living room.

Wife: "What the hell happened here?"
Husband: "PM Manley came on TV in the middle of my show, so I had to kill him. It's about time someone took care of this fool."

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

He is holding one of the most important jobs on Earth - media has to talk about him.
Yes, but they don't have to report his Twits. Maybe if they stop concentrating on stroking his ego, he'll let up and start doing his job.

Sent from my Elite x3 on mTalk

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Yes, but they don't have to report his Twits. Maybe if they stop concentrating on stroking his ego, he'll let up and start doing his job.

Sent from my Elite x3 on mTalk
He is doing his job, getting his ego stroked. The whole running the country bit is a side business.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)