WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

It's amazing how many women I see with the plus sized iPhone...and some of them are the most petite ones too. I suppose it makes sense as you can throw that thing in a clutch and other sized purses.

The interesting part is you often see the cases these ladies use make the phone protected but a bit more humongous. Hey, I'd protect that super expensive tech too, so I don't blame them...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Yes, I'm in a chatting mood this morning. Waiting in a doctor's office will do that to you (everything is good on my end).

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

The DAC on this V20 hits the spot though. I didn't have to fiddle with the volume of the phone with the DAC enabled at all...things were loud and sound was still quite rich while riding the meat grinder that is MTA subways.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

It's amazing how many women I see with the plus sized iPhone...and some of them are the most petite ones too. I suppose it makes sense as you can throw that thing in a clutch and other sized purses.

The interesting part is you often see the cases these ladies use make the phone protected but a bit more humongous. Hey, I'd protect that super expensive tech too, so I don't blame them...

The accessory market for the iPhone is nuts. I have seen people literally change cases to match their outfits.

You're correct about that point though, I find that interesting myself from what I have noticed with the female YouTubers I follow. A lot of them have the plus iPhone (I'll even say that most, if not all of them, have that size). Interestingly enough, offline, my girl friends (and coworkers) who have iPhones have the regular sized one or a small one. I only know two ladies who have the Plus.

I was at a "party" last year that made me feel old (I know I'm not old, I just felt that way with the behavior of the other people there) and a girl kept asking me to hold her phone, which was a plus one. I started wondering if this is common, girls asking someone else to hold their big phone for a bit. I couldn't imagine that life for myself...

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

I saw this on Friday and I didn't have time to say anything.

I think there's a slight miscommunication here so I thought I'd just put my two cents in.

First, most people think of the water coming out of their tap as 'pressure', when in fact it's flow rate.

Best example I found is this:

Think of a syringe. Now fill it with water. If you don't push the end the water won't move. However, depending on how fast you push the end, the water moves at that rate. The pressure does not change however. Just the rate of flow.

The next part of the confusion here is your description of 'slope'. If the pumps that supply the flow rate are not working and you're at the top of a steep slope then you are unlikely to get any water. Unless you have a siphon system the water isn't going anywhere. Unlikely that you would have a siphon system btw. So pumps are required to push water uphill. You cannot gravity feed water uphill unless there is some sort of flow already. If the pumps are not working and there is no bypass system for the water then you will not get any water. Also, if there is a bypass, further uphill you are from that flow, the less likely you'll have water.

To add to this conversation (though long gone now), living in Australia during a drought we had water restrictions, though we managed to have water still. My wife who lived in various parts of Australia had times when there was no water. Also when I lived in Toronto we had water shortages due to the processing time.

Such is modern life.
Gravity fed systems require no assistance to convey. A perfect example is hot water systems used in hotels and other non-residential applications. A common setup in use is to have a rooftop boiler in conjunction with a collection tank. The boiler feeds primary hot water via the boosted domestic cold water system but there is a recirculation system that keeps hot water available instantly. That line is routed to a solar-powered collection tank and returns hot water back into the system. This keeps the boilers at bay until the demand increases and they fire up again. The water coming from the collector is purely gravity fed and in fact, pressure reducing stations are placed every 7-8 floors on the way down. The recirculation pumps are barely enough to keep the system flowing and do not factor in pressure calcs.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

The accessory market for the iPhone is nuts. I have seen people literally change cases to match their outfits.

You're correct about that point though, I find that interesting myself from what I have noticed with the female YouTubers I follow. A lot of them have the plus iPhone (I'll even say that most, if not all of them, have that size). Interestingly enough, offline, my girl friends (and coworkers) who have iPhones have the regular sized one or a small one. I only know two ladies who have the Plus.
And you'll often see women with the plus sized iPhone have the Apple watch as well. It's a fair mix as I see a lot of ladies with the 4" model still. The case scene is really nuts indeed, and I cannot blame a woman for have cases to match outfits (cannot change anything else on the phone). The closest thing I can do with that is the watchbands for my smart watches. Even then I've got a small number of bands and in simpler colors.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

And you'll often see women with the plus sized iPhone have the Apple watch as well. It's a fair mix as I see a lot of ladies with the 4" model still. The case scene is really nuts indeed, and I cannot blame a woman for have cases to match outfits (cannot change anything else on the phone). The closest thing I can do with that is the watchbands for my smart watches. Even then I've got a small number of bands and in simpler colors.

Nice! Hmm, that's a good point about the Apple watch too. I get the watchband thing though, because that's a nice touch. My brother-in-law is enjoying switching bands from what I can see.

The case thing though is too much for me. As a reformed (lol - don't know about that, just for now, my hand is forced at the moment) chronic switcher, I couldn't imagine having many cases to give up when I'm done. I see it as a waste of funds...and not practical for me.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

The DAC on this V20 hits the spot though. I didn't have to fiddle with the volume of the phone with the DAC enabled at all...things were loud and sound was still quite rich while riding the meat grinder that is MTA subways.

Ooh that sounds like a sweet experience.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

So before I head back into to move around a few AC units and cook, let me waste a half hour messing with the V20's camera doing some test shots.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Gravity fed systems require no assistance to convey. A perfect example is hot water systems used in hotels and other non-residential applications. A common setup in use is to have a rooftop boiler in conjunction with a collection tank. The boiler feeds primary hot water via the boosted domestic cold water system but there is a recirculation system that keeps hot water available instantly. That line is routed to a solar-powered collection tank and returns hot water back into the system. This keeps the boilers at bay until the demand increases and they fire up again. The water coming from the collector is purely gravity fed and in fact, pressure reducing stations are placed every 7-8 floors on the way down. The recirculation pumps are barely enough to keep the system flowing and do not factor in pressure calcs.

I know better than to comment on a system I don't know anything about. I think I get the concept going by your explanation.

I am familiar with mains water systems as I've done a couple of water projects. Pump stations, reverse osmosis, waste water.

When it comes to mains water there's little that can be done to go uphill and maintain a flow aside from using a pump. That much I know.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Please do. I'm curious on your thoughts about the camera experience.
The versatile nature of LG's dual camera setup makes using the V20 loads of fun. But you NEED a second swappable battery. For instance, I killed my Z3 in Miami when I was taking shots on the say we did the bus tour...to the point where the camera shut off after getting super hot under the abuse. I don't feel any throttling issues so far, but the battery life is draining like an open faucet.

Had a similar experience with the XL, but I knew with the chip differences I'd have to be more selective and shoot in bursts. Feel like I need a Gimbel or at minimum a tripod for sure.

Will take some shots of Grand Central and post those as well.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

I know better than to comment on a system I don't know anything about. I think I get the concept going by your explanation.

I am familiar with mains water systems as I've done a couple of water projects. Pump stations, reverse osmosis, waste water.

When it comes to mains water there's little that can be done to go uphill and maintain a flow aside from using a pump. That much I know.
Mother Nature helps on the way down only. Going up you lose 3.8psi for every 10' of rise.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

This was a fun exercise indeed. It was very interesting to see how manual mode handled darker scenes. Not sure if it was the pre production software, but folks will see what I mean...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

b5fef79db66f1ce76a877a37b4d16685.jpg
82ab723da5937f626da25af08d01d3d2.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)