WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

It is really trippy how Sears keeps announcing more stores (both Sears and Kmart) that they are closing. There was a list of stores the other day and now there's more today. I know that stores close but I feel bad for the many employees that are affected by this.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Ahh my brother is so judgemental and it grinds me. So the current Bachelorette has a tattoo on her hand (I think? Didn't notice it personally) and he said that she was trash and not marriage material because 90% of women who have tattoos are whores. We got into a verbal argument about tattoos. I wish him the best (in finding his partner/GF at some point) but half of the time, I choose to agree to disagree.

He says things like I have been corrupted by this society and such, but what is the gain in being so judgemental? I'm not saying that I am a saint but I do try to understand that things happen with people and provided that they learn/grow from it, that should be all that matters.
I cannot help but think about the old adage of wanting a "lady in the streets, but a freak between the sheets". So since both are learned behaviors, how does the woman learn the latter? Through divine intervention? If she appears to be an expert in both, then is she really marriage material if the sexual prowress is intimidating?

I know I spun this a different way, but it plays into the who notion of expectations for women and their worthiness to enter the institution of marriage.

Thanks. I smell some inspiration for commentary...

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

I cannot help but think about the old adage of wanting a "lady in the streets, but a freak between the sheets". So since both are learned behaviors, how does the woman learn the latter? Through divine intervention? If she appears to be an expert in both, then is she really marriage material if the sexual prowress is intimidating?

I know I spun this a different way, but it plays into the who notion of expectations for women and their worthiness to enter the institution of marriage.

Thanks. I smell some inspiration for commentary...
Hmm, that's a good question. I'm not sure actually.

You're welcome, glad that my random thought based on my brother's comment can help there xd

Edit: Your response reminds me of a comment that my stylist made on Saturday. It's funny, little things remind me of this. Anyway, he asked me if I was saving myself for marriage. I was like I guess so. Then after that, he was asking me how I would learn then (and dang this whole conversation I did not want to have) and I said that I don't know.

Tell me why he quickly said, Oh so you'll watch YouTube?, laughed and then after that said that it was a double standard to expect the day to be a little experienced when you aren't. Welp. I didn't really know what to say, I was so done with the conversation and I was glad when it ended.

Last edited:

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Last edited:

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

You're welcome, glad that my random thought based on my brother's comment can help there xd

Edit: Your response reminds me of a comment that my stylist made on Saturday. It's funny, little things remind me of this. Anyway, he asked me if I was saving myself for marriage. I was like I guess so. Then after that, he was asking me how I would learn then (and dang this whole conversation I did not want to have) and I said that I don't know.

Tell me why he quickly said, Oh so you'll watch YouTube?, laughed and then after that said that it was a double standard to expect the day to be a little experienced when you aren't. Welp. I didn't really know what to say, I was so done with the conversation and I was glad when it ended.

I had a laugh at the YouTube comment initially but have seen some videos about how people have talked about their lessons learned about intimacy and its impact on relationships.

People talk to all sorts of people about that stuff and some people like to spread eagle and show off all sorts of "advice" that was better expressed in a different way.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

The LG Q6 (family) is official. I would like to try one (the regular Q6 though) but I'll need impressions first.

https://www.androidcentral.com/new-lg-q6-mini-g6-we-expected

Edit again: Android Authority has the dimensions and it is shorter and slightly narrower than the Pixel is, which pleases me.
http://www.androidauthority.com/lg-q6-specs-price-release-date-786303/
*sigh* You're better off watching what Sony announces at IFA to see if they revive the Compact line.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

*sigh* You're better off watching what Sony announces at IFA to see if they revive the Compact line.

That's a fair point but considering the time frame, it might start to release around the time Sony does their announcement. Also knowing Sony, they will probably price it out of my personal range xd

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

That's a fair point but considering the time frame, it might start to release around the time Sony does their announcement. Also knowing Sony, they will probably price it out of my personal range xd
Lol. Sony doesn't do cheap, so that's not news. Still, it may be worth looking at around holiday time.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Lol. Sony doesn't do cheap, so that's not news. Still, it may be worth looking at around holiday time.

That's a good point. For some reason, Sony seems to hold their prices but if there's a price drop, it depends when that happens. If the refreshed SE is fueled with more rumors by then, I'll probably skip it for that.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

That's a good point. For some reason, Sony seems to hold their prices but if there's a price drop, it depends when that happens. If the refreshed SE is fueled with more rumors by then, I'll probably skip it for that.
Well, can't say you don't have options.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

I don't know about YouTube but you can start with The Girl Next Door 😉

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Sony prices fall pretty hard as well.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I really despise having anything to do with government applications.

I need to apply for a new Canadian passport because they brought in some new rule (no idea why) that dual citizens need to have a Canadian passport. Good thing I don't have any travel plans to Canada any time soon.

Of course the Canadian government didn't consider for minute what this may entail and how much of a pain it is to renew one's passport overseas is. Typical government.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

I need to apply for a new Canadian passport because they brought in some new rule (no idea why) that dual citizens need to have a Canadian passport. Good thing I don't have any travel plans to Canada any time soon.

Of course the Canadian government didn't consider for minute what this may entail and how much of a pain it is to renew one's passport overseas is. Typical government.
Try having to do that with anything in India. It is horrendous. Maintaining just my one bank account has become a nightmare. I have started and stopped the dual citizenship process for my kid twice as they change the rules whilst I am busy preparing the application packet!

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Sony prices fall pretty hard as well.

That's true. Or if B&H sells it, I can try the Q6 and if I don't like it, I can return it and possibly try the Sony if there's a random price drop.

Using the size compare tool (from Phone Arena) puts it 0.05 in shorter and 0.01 in narrower than the Google Pixel, which has me interested in giving it a try.

Last edited:

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Ahh this sounds annoying. I'm guessing you would have to go to the embassy to do this?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb