WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Solid point but for me, I don't buy any cases unless I decide to keep the phone. Trust that I will notice it. I noticed it right away using the Pixel coming from the Honor 8 and the difference felt good to me. Sometimes one hand usage meant me shifting the phone a little bit and it would be nice not to do that.
Maybe the height difference of 1.3mm but not the .25mm difference in width, lol.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Maybe the height difference of 1.3mm but not the .25mm difference in width, lol.

True point. I'll see how it goes in my favorite apps, I guess. I might notice it then haha. Occasionally, I have had to shift the Pixel while using some apps because of design (of the app, that is).

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I'm not sure you'll be able to discern the difference in size at all with those tiny differences especially with whatever case you decide to get.
She might surprise you as she seems to be too sensitive to the in hand feel she is looking forward. Most likely she's got to roll it around and rub it a lot in hand to ensure it fits well...

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

She might surprise you as she seems to be too sensitive to the in hand feel she is looking forward. Most likely she's got to roll it around and rub it a lot in hand to ensure it fits well...

I can't disagree with most of the comment. Let's just say that I am a very particular person but that might not be surprising.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

I can't disagree with most of the comment. Let's just say that I am a very particular person but that might not be surprising.
Why settle? If you were the conforming kind you wouldn't be a chronic switcher like me would you? Anybody gives you any lip just tell them you're here for a good time, not a long time.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Why settle? If you were the conforming kind you wouldn't be a chronic switcher like me would you? Anybody gives you any lip just tell them you're here for a good time, not a long time.

That's true. You're so right. I'll keep that in mind.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

Free gogo Internet thanks to TMO is awesome!
I hope you have better luck with it than I did. About 45 minutes before touching down I tried calling my wife to pick me up and the only service that worked was BBM. No WiFi calling, no Skype, no Whatsapp, no nothing. The internet worked fine but voice calling was a chore.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

I hope you have better luck with it than I did. About 45 minutes before touching down I tried calling my wife to pick me up and the only service that worked was BBM. No WiFi calling, no Skype, no Whatsapp, no nothing. The internet worked fine but voice calling was a chore.
I mostly use it for text, WhatsApp, Tapatalk and Twitter.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

On second thought, I think I might like the idea of the Q6 more than the actual phone. The Samsung Galaxy A3 2017 (with the only seller I can get one from) got a price drop today and stock is low so I'm going to try it. I'm going to just keep it stored in a safe location so that I can try it after everything ends.

Edit: I know that it has 16gb, we'll see how that goes.

Last edited:

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

On second thought, I think I might like the idea of the Q6 more than the actual phone. The Samsung Galaxy A3 2017 (with the only seller I can get one from) got a price drop today and stock is low so I'm going to try it. I'm going to just keep it stored in a safe location so that I can try it after everything ends.

Edit: I know that it has 16gb, we'll see how that goes.
*sigh*

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

This was going to happen. Now that I have switched carriers, this phone has all of the needed bands (no band 12 for Tmo though) so I should be just fine.

I'm glad that I waited for the price to drop since it's so hard to get. I hope I like it but we'll see after everything is done along with the cleaning and the guests going back home. I have never had a Samsung phone before so that will be interesting.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

This was going to happen. Now that I have switched carriers, this phone has all of the needed bands (no band 12 for Tmo though) so I should be just fine.

I'm glad that I waited for the price to drop since it's so hard to get. I hope I like it but we'll see after everything is done along with the cleaning and the guests going back home. I have never had a Samsung phone before so that will be interesting.
I hope this one works for you. Heard the A5 is a decent phone.

Still say you may want to streamline your compulsions as an enthusiastic tech person, but that's just me...

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

I hope this one works for you. Heard the A5 is a decent phone.

Still say you may want to streamline your compulsions as an enthusiastic tech person, but that's just me...

Thank you. The A5 is essentially a normal sized phone to me so I wasn't interested.

I can get you on that but I have been talking myself in and out of this phone since I first found out about it. This is one of those times when I need to see it for myself. Straight out of options otherwise.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Thank you. The A5 is essentially a normal sized phone to me so I wasn't interested.

I can get you on that but I have been talking myself in and out of this phone since I first found out about it. This is one of those times when I need to see it for myself. Straight out of options otherwise.
Something will always come along and you will go back through this cycle again. I guess until you settle on what you want and why you flip flop, it'll be like riding the waves as surfers do.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Something will always come along and you will go back through this cycle again. I guess until you settle on what you want and why you flip flop, it'll be like riding the waves as surfers do.

Yep, I think you're right about that. The SE is a solid middle ground but I want the best middle ground. The Pixel was the closest I had to it for the most part. The SE is behind it, but just because of the front camera.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Yep, I think you're right about that. The SE is a solid middle ground but I want the best middle ground. The Pixel was the closest I had to it for the most part. The SE is behind it, but just because of the front camera.
I honestly got out of the market but kept getting some interesting offers.

I'm going to watch the market for the G6+. The reason why that appeals to me is I love the wide angle lens on the V20, but some shots I took would have looked better with a narrow field of view and lens barrel disortion/fish eye look. If I were to be looking at more of an old school phone, I'd get a Key One instantly. But I still want to have the ability to do a few things so hardware wise the G6+ has what I want.

But you've got to find what works for you.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb