WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Fingers crossed you get positive news.
Thanks. I pinged them on Twitter. I will stop by their counter on my return on Thursday night.

Return trip is interesting as I am flying an American Airlines Boeing 777 from Miami to Los Angeles. I flew a Delta 767 in 2011 to Detroit which was my first widebody domestic flight. This will be my second in 2 decades.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Even more sore today. Set up a drip system for all the outside patio plants. Put in parsley and jasmine plants in the ground. Hung an outdoor shade using a manual screwdriver as the drill driver was out of juice and then a hammer fell on my ankle, it's sore!

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Alright, so I know that there's curiosity about my sister's wedding. To start, we have two weddings in my culture (I'm Nigerian) and an introduction. The introduction usually happens way before the wedding and it's essentially when the two families meet for the first time (along with people close to the families as well). It is formal so no t-shirts or jeans are allowed. This happened a few months ago.

Day 1 is the traditional wedding. Google (or Bing, because this is Windows Central after all) "Nigerian traditional weddings" to get how what we wear looks like. Day 2 is what is called the white wedding, where it's mostly like your regular wedding that happens in a church and reception to follow. Last day is optional but essentially, the new couple goes to church for thanks and to receive support and well wishes from supporters and people in the church (this is just for a few hours).

That is the simplest rundown that I can give.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Used to do it as daily enteries but would sit down twice weekly to write, edit and schedule stuff in the heyday. Even now I do that...for example, the material coming out for the next four entries was written in two sit-downs - I did two pieces on Friday on the V20 at a Starbucks.

I found literally writing material daily was too cumbersome and pressure inducing for my tastes.
Ohh okay. I think doing the writing, editing and scheduling is a great process to set to certain days. I get that, since I kind of used to do that myself when I would make posts.

Wow that you did daily at a point! That's a lot. I will be looking forward for what's to come though.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Even more sore today. Set up a drip system for all the outside patio plants. Put in parsley and jasmine plants in the ground. Hung an outdoor shade using a manual screwdriver as the drill driver was out of juice and then a hammer fell on my ankle, it's sore!
Whoa, you have done a lot today. That sounds very busy, especially considering that you have a red-eye flight. Hopefully you can chill for a bit.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Ah, the tiredness is getting to me right now. I have a lot to say about both days but my energy is shot so I'll have to save that for tomorrow hopefully.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Looks like August will be a Boston to Dublin to Berlin to London to Los Angeles trip. Can't wait to wing it. The Dublin onwards trip is to see friends in Poland and then another friend in London whom I haven't seen in 21 years.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Almost an hour to get to the darn airport terminal from the parking garage. LA airport is busier than crap tonight.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Looks like August will be a Boston to Dublin to Berlin to London to Los Angeles trip. Can't wait to wing it. The Dublin onwards trip is to see friends in Poland and then another friend in London whom I haven't seen in 21 years.

That sounds like a great time to me!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

More sand dune... Just to give perspective.

e861398994adf81234bb330672d6bc01.jpg
74b66a9478a69d16ffacd79fbf49db47.jpg

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Just landed in DC. Have to wait to get off the plane as there is a medical emergency on board. Paramedics just boarded the plane.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

I'm on the phone hunt again, but not for me this time.

My mom asked me to get a phone for her other sister, so that her brother (my uncle) can take it back with him and he'll pass it on to her. My aunt, who is also visiting (also a sister of my mom and my uncle) found out about this and she feels some kind of way about him getting a new phone...so now she wants some for her two children too. Not a high end but a decent phone. So I need to start that search of lightly used phones (or new, low priced but solid phones) and see if I can get some that will come by the end of this week or next week. I'm thinking the Moto G4 and the Moto E4 should be just fine.

So my sister's phone keep dying on her (she has the Samsung Galaxy Alpha currently), and I have seen this happen. She is attached to Samsung, so I am debating if I should get her a S7 edge (for extended battery life) or even if I can find the S8 since everyone says that the battery life is good. I don't know how she will feel about the Edge (since it is so pronounced) but I'm probably going to try that really soon. I'm also thinking of the Samsung Galaxy A5 even though it isn't "officially available" here but I'll find a way. Yesterday, her phone finished charging at 10am and it died by 3pm. Not sure if she's just a power user or what but I'm sick of it dying on her.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

Having a high temperature and serious headaches. I can't remember the last time I was this sick.

It really bothers me, now that I have some work to do around our weekend house and I still need to go to college for an official application.

And on top of that it's summer for god's sake. I want to have fun, and fool around for a change.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

So day 1 was the traditional and that happened on Friday.

The weather was very rainy on Friday with on and off rain. Thankfully the turnout was still really good. There were many people but I didn't think about them much. My cousin arrived early that morning and my aunt, uncle, and my dad's longtime friend with his wife all arrived the day before. My sister paid for me and her to get our makeup done. The other makeup artist wasn't bad but she was an up and coming artist...and my sister didn't want that for us (I was thankful haha).

It went well, my sister looked beautiful. Family sat in the center so it was my parents, my brother, me and my cousin sitting there, along with our aunt (not actual aunt but very close to our family), along with my dad's longtime friend and wife to represent us. Did I mention that my brother in law's family is big and he is the only son and also the youngest? The turnout on both sides was a lot. I didn't understand any of the parts spoken in my dad's language (I only know greetings, so I don't know anything) so I was doing a lot of smiling and nodding haha. I didn't dance. The photographer got some great shots. Everyone didn't start leaving until 11pm. After everyone left, we did a light clean.

Remember how I said that my cousin is interested in things and people that look shiny (not literally, though)? She confirmed it. When she saw me this morning (meaning Friday morning), she said "long time no see, you don't call, you don't write" and my response was that it has been a while (she did her traditional last year). As for how she confirmed it, she thought that she lost her phone so I called it, and it was on vibrate. I found it and guess what? My number is not in her phone...but my brother and sister's number is so she proved my point. I'm not useful enough to keep my number.

Edit: Omg I forgot to mention that my sister wasn't allowed to be seen until she was unveiled. She couldn't come out until she was called to.

Last edited:

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Having a high temperature and serious headaches. I can't remember the last time I was this sick.

It really bothers me, now that I have some work to do around our weekend house and I still need to go to college for an official application.

And on top of that it's summer for god's sake. I want to have fun, and fool around for a change.

That's a bummer, I'm sorry. I hope that you feel better soon. Getting sick in the summer does suck.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss