WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

I totally agree about the Honor 8, Axon 7 and V20. I have totally thought about buying the Honor 8 again but I always remember how I feel about the height of it. Regardless, great phones.
You can find good hardware if you know what you want and where to look.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

You didn't miss it because I didn't mention it. Too early to talk because the phones I'm looking at are coming out in the fall and there's no guarantee I'll get one.

Ah okay. I just wanted to be sure. Sounds like I will find out eventually.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Ah okay. I just wanted to be sure. Sounds like I will find out eventually.
Lot of it depends what happens with the V20. I ordered a second battery for it, so we'll see. I don't feel like I want to compromise on audio or camera too much...so that limits my options to a U11, V20, G6. If I get a Key One, I'd still ask for strong audio and camera as a complimentary device.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

V20's DAC is nice. Connected it to some high end headphones in B&H for testing. Found a pair of $200 Audio Technica cans with a sound profile I liked. Not going to buy them though, but it was a nice experience nonetheless.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Lot of it depends what happens with the V20. I ordered a second battery for it, so we'll see. I don't feel like I want to compromise on audio or camera too much...so that limits my options to a U11, V20, G6. If I get a Key One, I'd still ask for strong audio and camera as a complimentary device.
That would help for sure (when it comes to battery life). I'm curious how the updating for the V20 will be for you. Hopefully it will be worth it.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

I am going to try and pick up a 128GB version Pixel starting next week. While the S8 is working out fine, I think the Pixel meets my requirements slightly better. Also I need to send the Mi6 to my brother, his OPX is getting a bit too old!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I am going to try and pick up a 128GB version Pixel starting next week. While the S8 is working out fine, I think the Pixel meets my requirements slightly better. Also I need to send the Mi6 to my brother, his OPX is getting a bit too old!
Your brother is getting the Mi 6? That's very nice upgrade...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I do like the Pixel. I wished they had a 64GB version. I'd certainly use that as a daily driver and something else for media consumption.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Another blue one or the color doesn't matter? Wait so will you keep both or sell the S8? You really enjoyed the Pixel so I'm not surprised that you are going back to it.

Ooh the Mi 6 will be a solid upgrade.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Buying a house is a pain. Trying to buy one in a foreign country is a right pain...

We're putting our offer in today, before we have confirmation from the architect because we want to ensure that we have something in. We're getting a price breakdown next week from the architect on what needs to be done.

So, currently, offer is going in. Mortgage approval is done. Now it's a wait and see.

This feels all too familiar...

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

So I really like the Galaxy A3 2017. So far, the battery life is great. It performs pretty well, and I have no gripes actually (I know, wow). I read the manual (yes I am one of those people that likes to find out what I might not understand) and I learned that there are some useful modes in the camera, including a night mode on both cameras. Calls sound good too. The 16gb thing is just okay. I have a mini gripe in not being able to hide notification content for certain apps but this might be an OS thing. I welcome this gripe over ones I have had with other phones I have tried.

As for the Samsung software, I see why people like the features. There's a lot of them. I like some of them but I'm probably not going to use the rest. I'm really trying not to jump the gun with this phone but I'm kind of obsessed with it already. I can see myself using this phone as a main phone.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Buying a house is a pain. Trying to buy one in a foreign country is a right pain...

We're putting our offer in today, before we have confirmation from the architect because we want to ensure that we have something in. We're getting a price breakdown next week from the architect on what needs to be done.

So, currently, offer is going in. Mortgage approval is done. Now it's a wait and see.

This feels all too familiar...

Wow good luck!

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Another blue one or the color doesn't matter? Wait so will you keep both or sell the S8? You really enjoyed the Pixel so I'm not surprised that you are going back to it.

Ooh the Mi 6 will be a solid upgrade.
If I can find a blue one great. If not, well that's life. I might sell the S8 but who knows. I offered my brother the S8, but he said no. I am excited to test drive the Mi6 though.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

So I really like the Galaxy A3 2017. So far, the battery life is great. It performs pretty well, and I have no gripes actually (I know, wow). I read the manual (yes I am one of those people that likes to find out what I might not understand) and I learned that there are some useful modes in the camera, including a night mode on both cameras. Calls sound good too. The 16gb thing is just okay. I have a mini gripe in not being able to hide notification content for certain apps but this might be an OS thing. I welcome this gripe over ones I have had with other phones I have tried.

As for the Samsung software, I see why people like the features. There's a lot of them. I like some of them but I'm probably not going to use the rest. I'm really trying not to jump the gun with this phone but I'm kind of obsessed with it already. I can see myself using this phone as a main phone.
Finally?!?

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Wow good luck!

Thanks!

Oh, thanks for the details of the wedding you attended. I'm actually quite fascinated by different cultural weddings. I have a co-worker who is from Iran telling me about her wedding process.

I find them more interesting than the 'typical' English wedding. :p

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

If I can find a blue one great. If not, well that's life. I might sell the S8 but who knows. I offered my brother the S8, but he said no. I am excited to test drive the Mi6 though.

Aw okay, sounds like a plan. I will be looking forward to your Mi6 impressions and thoughts!

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Finally?!?
I know right?!

Yeah I think this is it. My battery anxiety is real and this really puts it to rest. From yesterday and on one charge:

b61cc1f03771677e68e08c5b71a29f59.jpg

Also I still like the SE but the front camera was just okay. Having the Pixel and Honor 8 have spoiled me on the quality so I have dealt with it. This makes a solid inbetween.

I'm not trying to ramble but it checks every box.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Thanks!

Oh, thanks for the details of the wedding you attended. I'm actually quite fascinated by different cultural weddings. I have a co-worker who is from Iran telling me about her wedding process.

I find them more interesting than the 'typical' English wedding. :p

You're welcome! Thanks for reading. I know it was long but it was a long day. Days really haha

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leviwilkersion